US Vogue April 2015 : Serena Williams by Annie Leibovitz

Tami's editorial is classic Vogue and she looks stunning in it. Glad to see a model of colour score a solo ed!

Yeah yeah, Kendall & Gigi don't belong in Vogue, this is a disgrace etc etc. :rolleyes:

You could say that LA Stories is more suitable for Teen Vogue and I would agree to a certain extent that the aesthetic suits Teen Vogue more but Kendall is in demand, as is Gigi. Models sell products. They do a great job of that. Are they relevant in the fashion industry? Yep.

I love it. Props to Kendall. She's amazing. It's also quite funny to see people frustrated with an editorial.

And oh god, Serena just blows me away. Majestic.

Gagging at that comparison. Both girls lack the talent and professionalism they have.

I love the concept of Serena being on the cover, but God that hair is awful. Why couldn't the style it the way of her first shot in the red dress?

God, did somebody actually say that?? :lol:

While I'm really glad for Tami's OG triumph, I'm not impressed with the editorial. This theme has been done do death with Caroline, Natalia, Daria et al. McDean is such a great photographer but I think he's being pigeon-holed by US Vogue. Great styling from Grace, but pre-fall looks in April??? What is happening to this world?

I'm still living for What to Wear Where. Although repetitive, I still smile with the results and it's the kind of Vogue editorial I grew up seeing. So yes!

tami , i am so glad she got her own editorial. she should be a star.

Yeah yeah, Kendall & Gigi don't belong in Vogue, this is a disgrace etc etc. :rolleyes:

You could say that LA Stories is more suitable for Teen Vogue and I would agree to a certain extent that the aesthetic suits Teen Vogue more but Kendall is in demand, as is Gigi. Models sell products. They do a great job of that. Are they relevant in the fashion industry? Yep.

I love it. Props to Kendall. She's amazing. It's also quite funny to see people frustrated with an editorial.

And oh god, Serena just blows me away. Majestic.

Pretty much all of this. I also find it amusing how angry people get over Kendall getting quality work. Like, it's not that serious.

I'm not seeing teen vogue in that editorial and I'm not getting people's complaints about young people being featured in vogue.

Yes, they cater to women in their late 30s but they regularly features girls from ages 16-25... It seems to only be a problem when certain girls are featured lol

Yes said:
It makes sense to feature someone like Tavi Gevinson though because she was starring in a new broadway play with wide appeal. Lily James for starring in a Cinderella movie that women of all ages wanted to see or even the Olsen Twins back in the day after they started a label that most women could wear. That's wholly different then a beiber, Kendall, or say a Selena Gomez who's appeal and product is quite limited to their demographic. Yes those "certain" girls will always be seen as a wtf. Should they give Pretty Little Liars a cover? They're huge on social media!

Last edited by a moderator:
my problem is not even with kendall anymore..at least she's pretty. justin bieber offends me in so many ways, i just can't believe that anna has stooped so low these days.

Springtime in Paris
Photographer:
Annie Leibovitz
Stylist: Grace Coddington
Models: Ondria Hardin, Fei Fei Sun, Mirte Maas, Maartje Verhoef & Vanessa Axente
Make-Up: Aaron de Mey
Hair: Didier Malige

*storemags.com

Cover story

Photographer: Annie Leibovitz
Fashion Editor: Sara Moonves
Hair: Holli Smith
Make-up: Francelle
Interview: Rebecca Johnson

Pro Tennis Players: Serena Williams + Caroline Wozniacki

Source: worldmags.net

Last edited by a moderator:
They used the same shot for the "letter of the editor" with the editorial shot. How can this be a cover editorial??

"Shape Shifters"

Photographer: Inez & Vinoodh
Fashion Editor: Tonne Goodman
Hair: Christiaan
Make-up: Dick Page

Models: Vanessa Axente + Adriana Lima + Karmen Pedaru + Cameron Russell + Joan Smalls + Caroline Trentini

I hope they do Serena justice in the upcoming issues and have a full editorial on her! I need at least 4 pages.

That's ridiculous that they used the same photo from the letter of the editor. Sloppy

"L.A. Stories"

Photographer: Mario Testino
Fashion Editor: Camilla Nickerson
Hair: James Pecis
Make-up: Hannah Murray
Set Design: Jack Flanagan at The Magnet Agency

Celebrities: Justin Bieber + Ansel Elgort + Gigi Hadid + Kendall Jenner + Dylan Penn + Hopper Penn

Tami is truly the star of the whole issue! Congratulations! :flower:

'Going Long'

scanbyme

Love this as well as Shape Shifters, yes it's been done multiple times, but it looks fresh here! L.A. Stories is a joke and belongs in Teen Vogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->