US Vogue January 2013 : Gwen Stefani by Annie Leibovitz

Can't wait to get this issue! All the editorials are amazing!!!

Hothouse Flowers is gorgeous. Both models look absolutely stunning and I love the cold hue and the intensity.
Thanks for the pics, Mat Cyruss.

I have no interest in Gwen Stefani or No Doubt but I think this issue looks smashing so far. Thanks for the scans!

Editorial HQ:

Material Girls
Photographer: Craig McDean
Models: Karlie Kloss & Edie Campbell
Styling: Camilla Nickerson
Hair: Garren
Make-Up: Peter Philips
Nails: Alicia Torello

Digital Edition Vogue US 01/2013

Cover Story HQ:

Leader Of The Pack
Photographer: Annie Leibovitz
Celebs: Gwen Stefani & No Doubt
Styling: Tonne Goodman
Hair: Jen Atkin
Make-Up: Aaron De Mey

Editorial HQ:

Sweet & Lowdown
Photographer: Sebastian Kim
Models: Cara Delevingne & Ansel Elgort
Styling: Tabitha Simmons
Hair: Esther Langham
Make-Up: Romy Soleimani
Nails: Jin Soon Choi

Vogue Contributors
Photographer: Sebastian Kim

Vogue Beauty:

Glow-In The Dark
Photographer: Sharif Hamza
Model: Ginta Lapina
Styling: Sarah Moonves
Hair: Akki
Make-Up: Sil Bruinsma

The editorials are looking gorgeous this month! But the article with Gwen was blah. Some parts of it were nice but it's definitely not one of Vogue's better cover stories. And I think it's terrible that the only thing that the author thinks is wrong with No Doubts recent scandal is that, "the video's only crime as far as I can tell is that it looks like something Cher cooked up." It's just very dismissive and a shame that he didn't get to ask her about the video, I think if Gwen and the band had talked about the issue of cultural appropriation then I'd have more respect for them. And it would have made for a more interesting article too.

The cover is ok, but i don't like the ed of the cover story.

The other eds are pretty good, my fave is the Klein's one is amazing, but this reminds me to that ed of the past year, also shot by Klein with Shalom & Amber, but i think than that ed is better than the past year.

does anyone know why carolyn and karen's editorial has 'pull' on the side of the page for each show?

^ Because it's a digital edition and Mat Cyruss abstracted the pics from it.

I actually think this editorial is muuuuch better than Amber & Shalom's last year (even though I love Amber & Shalom).
I have to agree with you, for me it's the choice of clothing that seems to work better this time (against that kind of background). I just can't wait to see this in print!!:woot::blush:

Wow Karen & Carolyns edit is beyond amazing:woot:, Klein at his best, for me this makes the entire issue amazing. That last shot of karen in the Dior dress laying in the flowers is absolutely wicked:heart:. This is what i want to see more of in Vogue, less studio edits.

Yeah, I've never thought about it, but Karlie's got some rather bad hair, doesn't she? Thin, wispy, doesn't even seem to respond to the best of hair stylists....what is up with that.

Overall, an ok issue. Aside from, Hothouse Flowers, which I think is amazing, it's a typical January issue.

I enjoyed Edie in Material Girls, she definitely looks more youthful than Karlie in the ed, but then again that is her aesthetic - didn't she have an ed in British Vogue where she played Jean Shrimpton or something? On the other hand I really dislike Cara, and I just knew she'd feature in US Vogue sooner or later + that L.V collection is so ugly!

Hothouse Flowers is a Klein classic

edie looks soo amazing! i love the styling she is perfect for this :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->