US Elle July 2009 : Gwen Stefani by Carter Smith

O.O i don't like any of this that i see so far.

The second shot of her in the hounds-tooth should have been the sub cover.

I don't like the subscribers cover. The shot with the red car would of been better.
& what is with the ELLE masthead been close together? :doh:

Something from Music Issue.

Katy Perry
Before hitting the stage at the House of Blues in Chicago, the 24-year-old ministers’ daughter—who’s wrapping up the last leg of her sold-out Hello Katy tour now—talks with ELLE about her love of Freddie Mercury and why Saturday Night Live really needs to try a little bit harder next time they spoof her.
ELLE: Do you go on the road with your cat, Kitty Purry?
Katy Perry: I wish, but everybody [on tour] is allergic.
ELLE: They don’t give the headliner special cat privileges?
KP: My special privileges are few and far between. My sister travels with me, and she’s the person who keeps me in line, whether I like it or not. I trust her and also have a good, healthy fear of her.
ELLE: You covered Queen’s “Don’t Stop Me Now” on your Hello Katy tour. Are they an influence?
KP: I had my big, intense, meaningful musical moment with Queen, not with “Don’t Stop Me Now,” but with the song “Killer Queen.” I think that everybody has this one moment in their lives that they can remember—for some people, it’s, like, Smashing Pumpkins or Radiohead or Garbage or No Doubt. I just appreciate all the obvious hard work that Freddie Mercury did. Because there was no way to cut corners back then.
ELLE: But you didn’t grow up listening to rock ’n’ roll, right?
KP: I grew up listening to gospel. That was the only thing that I had reference to because that was what my family was involved with. Only when I started becoming a teenager, hanging out with friends, I was fed little by little different things from the outside world. I grew up in a life where the answer was always there, I guess. But now I’m out on my own and still looking for the answer. Nothing is solved for me.
ELLE: Did you ever see the SNL sketch called “The Less Provocative Songs of Katy Perry?”
KP: I thought they did a horrible job! I make fun of myself more than they [did]. I was like, “That’s funny. If you’re high.”

Lady Gaga

Though born as Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, you know her as pop’s avant-garde It Girl Lady Gaga, whose debut record, The Fame, is still blasting out of car windows and underground clubs after being released last year. Here, the leotard-loving 23-year-old talks fashion, her next album, and why she has nothing to hide.
ELLE: You dropped out of NYU at 19. Why didn’t you want to finish?
Lady Gaga: I loved NYU, but I thought I could teach myself about art better than the school could. I really felt New York was my teacher and that I needed to bite the bullet and go it alone. I wasn’t interested in going to frat parties and doing those sorts of collegiate things. I was really interested in the music scene and waitressing and cleaning toilets, or whatever the **** it was I was doing.
ELLE: What experiences did you draw from to create The Fame?
LG: I write about what I know: sex, p*rn*gr*phy, art, fame obsession, drugs, and alcohol. I mean, why would anyone care to listen to me if I wasn’t an expert in what I write about? And the album itself is the story of me and my friends, and, again, our lives in New York—and you either want to know about it and be a part of it or you don’t. I am completely 100 percent honest in what I do and who I am, and I’ve got nothing to hide.
ELLE: What can we can expect from your next album?
LG: Well, let’s just say that right now I’m quite obsessed with 1950s sci-fi monster movies.…

elle.com

brett michaels of poison is also interviewed. :sick:

Wow she looks terrible on the subscriber's cover. Her expression is just awful.

lady gaga and katy perry...(perez hilton)

Attachments

• katy.jpg
    katy.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 25
  • katy2.jpg
    katy2.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 7
  • katy3.jpg
    katy3.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 10
  • katy4.jpg
    katy4.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
excerpt from the michaels interview (elle.com)

After some crazy bus rides and a couple close calls, the rock star with a reality show is still rollin'

By Andrew Goldman |

Bret-Michaels_articleimage.jpg
Photo: Nancy Mazzei

As the longtime lead singer of Poison, a band that came to be in the ’80s seemingly composed of equal parts attitude and hairspray, Bret Michaels has probably seen and experienced levels of sexual debauchery that none of us could even fathom. So it’s not surprising that the 46-year-old has soldiered through three seasons of the VH1 Rock of Love franchise sporting the same bemused attitude about the antics of the dipsomaniacal gaggle of chicks fighting over him as Mrs. Garrett had while minding her charges in The Facts of Life. And even though Michaels might have swapped some major spit with his ROL potential mates, all the truly dirty deeds culled from his life spent in and out of spandex can be found within the pages of his brand-new memoir, Bret Michaels: Roses & Thorns.
ELLE: Do you recall the moment you realized you were a sexual being?
BRET MICHAELS: Vividly. I was digging through my father’s drawer, when I found a thicker magazine than usual: the Women of the Office edition of Playboy—you know, that whole hot, sexy miniskirt but she’s got the glasses on thing. I assumed this was what every girl who worked in an office looked like and did. I thought, No wonder my dad likes going to work.
ELLE: I was on the Rock of Love message board on VH1.com and couldn’t help noticing the word skanky in reference to some of the women who’ve been on the show.
BM: There are definitely some girls who come on the show to party, and there are a few I’m not going to take home to Grandma. But I try to never use the words skanky or sl*tty. I don’t call any of them out like that. And the ones who just want to have fun and then go? It’s not a horrible thing. We don’t have to own each other’s souls to have a night of fun. I happen to be thankful for the gifts they give me.
ELLE: You’re the lead singer, and yet have any women boarded the tour bus and rebuffed your advances?
BM: It doesn’t suck being the lead singer in the band, but when they come on the bus, they’re apprehensive because they’re picturing a mass orgy with a bunch of unbathed crew guys, so it actually takes more time than you would think. If you don’t become octopus arms to them instantly, I think their guard goes down and they enjoy hanging with you, whatever that becomes.
ELLE: When you look back at your career, are you remorseful about anything that happened with a woman on the bus?
BM: I’ve never done anything the two of us didn’t agree to tango on. Coming from a blue-collar Pennsylvania background and having two daughters and two sisters, it’s just not my thing. There may have been a few nights I’ve gotten more hammered than usual and not followed all the guidelines of this day and age, but never a situation where I regretted something I’d done.
ELLE: Was there ever a female fan invited onto the bus who proved to be more trouble than her company was worth?
BM: We have lots of nights where people get wasted drunk. Sometimes they’ll bring a friend as a designated [driver], occasionally known as the friendosaurus.
ELLE: Do the friends often resemble dinosaurs?
BM: No. The term friendosaurus isn’t about the girl being unattractive. The friendosaurus knows I’m interested in her friend, and she’s the doubting sober driver who’s saying, “This is ridiculous! Let’s get out of here.” So I immediately befriend the friendosaurus.
ELLE: Wily. But will the friendosaurus ever confuse this attention for affection?
BM: Yes. And occasionally I’ve enjoyed both at the same time.

Don;t like the subs cover. I don't know what's going on with the Elle Logo.

"Siren Call"
Ph.: Alexei Hay
Model: Valeria Dmitrienko
212iw3t.jpg

5wjigz.jpg

1zwofuf.jpg

source: my digital copy

Just my type of editorial. I love the styling and location.
The shot with the Gucci sunglasses is TDF. Thanks for posting!

^^ Siren Call ... i just don't get the kind of style they promote ...
but that looks funny with being totaly dull and non sense !!!

the cover is horrible because of this LV !!!
Too bad Rodarte doesn't advert in the magazine ...... Sure it would look better, or even McQueen (who doesn't advert too, i guess)

if i remember correctly i think Elle US Team loved Rodarte so we'll see them a lot in ...

I like that ed,...well it's not grounbreaking but is nice.

and I love Lanvin's fur stoles .....cool....:cool:.....

I like the use of statues in the Alexei Hay ed.

this whole issue is nothing but a one continuous stylistic disaster.
from rubbish Gwen Stefani edit (really, how having this woman on set one can come up with something like this?) to Valeria's 'VP-wannabe' edit - it's a whole total miss.
and i am sorry, but Lady Gaga's and Ms. Perry's shots... are you kidding? :unsure:

Fergie
ph by Hilary Walsh
styled by Chris Psaila and Laura Lightboy

Scanned by me

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back