US Vogue January 2021 : The 'Vogue Values' of 2021 by Annie Leibovitz

A Fresh Start
Photographed by Jody Rogac, Philip-Daniel Ducasse, Ashley Pena, Jackie Furtado, Myles Loftin,Zora Sicher, Brad Ogbonna, Rahim Fortune
Styled by Camilla Nickerson & Alex Harrington

VO0121_Collections_01.jpg VO0121_Collections_14.jpg VO0121_Collections_10.jpg VO0121_Collections_02.jpg VO0121_Collections_03.jpg VO0121_Collections_04.jpg VO0121_Collections_05.jpg VO0121_Collections_06.jpg VO0121_Collections_07.jpg VO0121_Collections_08.jpg
vogue.com

State of The Art
Photographed by Stefan Ruiz
Styled by Tonne Goodman

The casts are: Ashley James, Jo Ellen Pellman, Audrey Nuna, Aya Brown, Nadia Owusu, and Mira Nadon

A Fresh Start
Photographed by Jody Rogac, Philip-Daniel Ducasse, Ashley Pena, Jackie Furtado, Myles Loftin,Zora Sicher, Brad Ogbonna, Rahim Fortune
Styled by Camilla Nickerson & Alex Harrington

Models: Mayowa Nicholas, Vanessa Aguasvivas, Ariel Nicholson, Eniola Abioro, Ash Foo, Sabina Karlsson, Ugbad Abdi, and Grace Elizabeth

Even Vogue Spain has more content in its january issue...and i don’t think VS have more budget....

New photographers! Love how it wasnt just the usual one-issue fancy that we usually see when French and Italian Vogue open their pages to new talent. They've followed through from that stunning September edit. I'd take these edits any day over Nigel Shafran, as esteemed as he is.

The Precious edit is the highlight of this issue so far, not mad about State of the Art. Too generic.
I'll still pay 10 quid for this as opposed to the Harry Styles issue.

What a big steaming pile of nope. Honestly at this point we should just put Vogue US content in one single thread and give separate ones to publications like M Le Monde (you know, the only thing that’s actually giving us real progressive high end fashion).

What a big steaming pile of nope. Honestly at this point we should just put Vogue US content in one single thread and give separate ones to publications like M Le Monde (you know, the only thing that’s actually giving us real progressive high end fashion).
Hear hear!!!

I wonder what the Anna Wintour of The September Issue would think if she saw this version of her US Vogue.

Precious looks stunning in her edit, and the feature was really good to read.

I can't say anything else for the rest of the content. How about you develop the few new creatives who are gradually gaining traction in the industry, rather than steamroll through what seems like ten-twenty every six months, all in the vain search for the next top photographer?

And 88 pages...that takes me back to circa 2009, when W was pulling around 100 page issues post financial crisis and we were all losing our sh*t. Only, most of the content was actually worth publishing at that time (I won't say all).

How about you develop the few new creatives who are gradually gaining traction in the industry, rather than steamroll through what seems like ten-twenty every six months, all in the vain search for the next top photographer?

Just posted something to the same effect in another thread. Those of us who have been reading fashion magazines know that certain photographers were closely associated with certain magazine's signature because of their partnership. I didn't know who Erik Madigan Heck was until I saw his work in UK Harper's Bazaar, which I believe actually made him as well-known as he is right now. Because the magazine commissioned him beyond just one or two issues.
One of the problems facing today's photographers is that magazines are still clinging to the false hope that Testino/Demarchelier/Weber might come back.

I don't mind the group photographer edit in this issue because they only do it for their January issue. And in Vogue's defense, they are already championing Tyler and Ethan, and now Ruiz and Rodriguez. UK is pushing new talent, Australia is doing it, and so does China. Try to find the new photographer being pushed in VP, the so-called 'critic's choice' on tFS and you'll be amazed how stuck in 2009 that magazine is. Don't even start with Farneti.
UK and US Vogue is proving that you can still shoot with Meisel and Annie while giving new talent a seat at the table.

But sorry, the new talents edit is appalling! Not a single shot stands out.

I have obviously read online just how thin an issue it is, but I'm sat here utterly dumbfounded over just how thin an issue it is, having finally received a copy myself today. The most thinnest magazine I have ever bought (and probably not the last), without a doubt.

To make matters worse, the only covers to have made their way to the UK are those with Naomi Osaka and Rosalia - to which I received the latter having purchased from Newsstand's website.

To make matters worse, the only covers to have made their way to the UK are those with Naomi Osaka and Rosalia - to which I received the latter having purchased from Newsstand's website.
Same here in Serbia, ugh! I really wanted to get the one with Paloma, but 99% of the copies were Naomi, the rest was Rosalia. Seems like they did not bother making all the covers available, in comparison to March 2020 when they made sure Billie's stans get all the three versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->