US Vogue January 2021 : The 'Vogue Values' of 2021 by Annie Leibovitz

^Oh no, Frances's edit is giving me "Little House on the Prairie" vibes.

When i see the other three covers & i'm surprise than Paloma looks amazing on every picture of her spread & the cover of course. The other fave of these editorial it's the Frances' because the background are wonderful to represent the earth & the aesthetic is just perfect.

Sorry to say than Rosalia it's a bad model, i mean she didn't express any emotion of her photos & see her dead & cold on her eyes.

When it comes to landscape, Jamie Hawkesworth’s work remains unmatched in this insipid era of fashion. Wish Anna assigned him instead of Annie for these covers/editorials even though her work here is good enough.

Btw, all this debate about whether or not Rosalia is popular enough makes me wonder how the forum would react if someone like Kali Uchis were on the cover.

When did the fashion world become moral saviors? I kind of liked my fashion world of smutty, they're making me miss the heroin chic decade.

They're going to run out of "firsts" when having a wider range of people working and appearing in the magazine settles down to become the new normal. That's when they'll rediscover sex, drugs and whatever will pass for rock'n'roll and they'll try to sell it to us like it's something we've never seen before.

They're going to run out of "firsts" when having a wider range of people working and appearing in the magazine settles down to become the new normal. That's when they'll rediscover sex, drugs and whatever will pass for rock'n'roll and they'll try to sell it to us like it's something we've never seen before.

Can't wait honestly

Grace Elizabeth by Jody Rogac:

I'll resisted the urge to click on the link, will wait for the images to surface on here because judging on Grace's shot it looks promising.
But, I did click on the Precious Lee edit and that is spectacular. It's not the copy and paste Demarchelier con-jobs we've seen from the likes of Wetherell in this magazine. The lighting puts it firmly in a class of its own.
The shot of Precious in the tangerine skirt, and the Versace runway shot? Wow. We're all sleeping on her. I thought Paloma was the only fuller figure model of note in HF?

Got the Naomi Osaka cover in the mail today. Only 88 pages! Time to start saddle stitching.

Review (in addition to what's been posted)

"State of the Art"
Photographer: Stefan Ruiz
Stylist: Tonne Goodman
Ashley James, Jo Elle Pellman, Audrey Nuna, Aya Brown, Nadia Owusu, Mira Nadon

"A Fresh Start"
Photographers: Jody Rogac (Grace Elizabeth), Philip-Daniel Ducasse (Mayowa Nicholas), Ashley Pena (Vanessa Aguasvivas), Jackie Furtado (Ariel Nicholson), Myles Loftin (Eniola Abioro), Zora Sicher (Ash Foo), Brad Ogbonna (Sabina Karlsson), Rahim Fortune (Ugbad Abdi)
Stylists: Camilla Nickerson, Alex Harrington

"The Time Is Now"
Photographer: Luis Alberto Rodriguez
Stylist: Carlos Nazario
Precious Lee
Profile by Lynn Yaeger

Plus Savannah Guthrie and Kristen Welker by Ethan James Green; Yeri Han

Ads include Oatgurt and Brooke Burke for Skechers

88 pages! I know I'm forever defending American Vogue around these parts but.... lol

It's practically a Lidl catalogue at this point :brows:. With all the money they made from that Harry cover, I expect March better at least 300 pages.

As for the editorials, I don't like any of Grace pictures. She looks the photographer pressed the button without telling her how to pose. Mayowa looks stunning in that CJR dress. Precious Lee look captivating in that Versace outfit, and if she already has her profile at this point in her career, I expect she will be feature on multi models cover real soon.

State of The Art
Photographed by Stefan Ruiz
Styled by Tonne Goodman

VO0121_Portraits_01.jpg VO0121_Portraits_03.jpg VO0121_Portraits_02.jpg VO0121_Portraits_04.jpg VO0121_Portraits_05.jpg VO0121_Portraits_06.jpg
vogue.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->