US Vogue March 2009 : Michelle Obama by Annie Leibovitz

:yuk::cry: its so unbelievable how predictable and dull has vogue us become..
is just so boring to see the same ideas over and over again,,,
what a lack of passion, what a lack of emotion!!!
im really looking forward to see sasha`s ed, but my hopes are definately not up at all,,,I really hope is something fun to look at. and most important something that makes me want to have this issue...
Anna wintour seems like she`s not trying anymore, like if she doesnt care about the magazine at all...apparently she`s just working...and thats it.

Okay, that amount of criticism wasn't so bad for Stam. I've got another editorial here and let's see if this one get's some good vibes.

This 4-page edit is all about a designer named Julien D'Ys and features five models (I only recognized two of them). Since the other three models were not credited, you'll have to identify them for me.

The Magic Maker
PH: Annie Liebovitz
MODELS: Raquel Z, Coco Rocha (and three others I can't identify)
Scans courtesy of VampireHorde

:shock:

is that all for this editorial?

i love raquel, but she's becoming anna wintour's new caroline trentini. and i don't want to get tired of raquel, but i think i already am. :(

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I expect mixed reactions for these edits. But I hope this next edit changes your minds.

Here's the UHQ scans for Sasha Pivovarova's 10-page edit. In case you didn't notice, she's actually smiling in all the photos. Whether that's a good or bad thing depends on you.

Boy Meets Girl
PH: Patrick Demarchelier
Editor: Marie-Amelie Sauve

Scans courtesy of VampireHorde

All thats left are the Karen Elson and Liya Kebede edits. If someone wants to scan those edits, feel free. Other than that, that's pretty much it for this issue.

:shock:

the boy meets girl edit looks like something f/ teen vogue..

I am MAJORLY disappointed with Sasha's edit. The same scenario has been in Vogue at least 5 times before (Girl in Capri with Gemma, Caroline Trentini in the Hamptons, Liya Kebede in some tropical locale....) with the same exact styling! And Sasha looks like Trentini in a good half of her shots! I was definitely hoping for something better. Maybe the Steven Klein/Karen Elson shots will lull my depression?

Oh, and Julien D'Ys is a hairstylist, not a designer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Omg Sasha looks so cute. love it.
This editorial just proves how versatile she is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy123455
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->