US Vogue March 2009 : Michelle Obama by Annie Leibovitz

Hmmmmm not really mad about this one, Raquel is obviously a season pro at this, Natasha looks a bit out of place and Isabeli looks decent as well, I just think the styling puts me to sleep :ninja:

First of all, thanks kroqjock, for the scans. I have mixed feelings about the Mario Testino editorial, all the girls are great models, yet there's something wrong about the ed. As for the David Sims ed, I also don't like the hair, otherwise it's a great studio editorial. All the models look perfect and the clothes are quite beautiful.

For a typical shoot with a plain backdrop, Raquel, Natasha, and Isabeli's eds turned out great.

big thanx for all the scans but I am liking none of the edits so far

Sims' ed was actually worse than I thought it would be.

ok, I guess I'm a freak, but I actually like Sims studio eds...
I'm just very tidy and those always offer such a good, sober look at runway outfits. Yeah, it's not artsy or clever. But it's polished and it illustrates the diverse collections.
I even like the hair. Because everything's in place. Yeah, I'm really very tidy. :lol:

It's a good opener to the rest of the edits; three solid models looking good, a bit of movement, very nice textures - but not so dramatic that you've already seen the best shoot before you've moved on through the issue. As a starter, very clean.

Yeah it's not bad^_^ The hair is a little like the hair at Prada's last show......but much more exagerated.:shock:

Pale Fire
PH: David Sims
MODELS: Raquel Z, Natasha Poly, Isabeli Fontana

--RAQUEL ZIMMERMAN

Scans courtesy of VampireHorde

gosh !!!!
:blink:

i think we all noticed the ressemblance of this Rodarte collection with Balenciaga oldest ....
but on the catwalk i was defending it ... because it looked gorg' ....
but there ........ on first sight i was like 'why are they shooting old balenciaga ?' ....
but no ... my dear G. .... no no no ....
it's Rodarte !

i seriously think it's a mistake to have done that !
:ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok...so I'm loving these editorials so much.

Seriously, Raquel, Natasha and Isabeli all look stunning.

gosh !!!!
:blink:

i think we all noticed the ressemblance of this Rodarte collection with Balenciaga oldest ....
but on the catwalk i was defending it ... because it looked gorg' ....
but there ........ on first sight i was like 'why are they shooting old balenciaga ?' ....
but no ... my dear G. .... no no no ....
it's Rodarte !

i seriously think it's a mistake to have done that !
:ninja:

that was my first thought too!! i mean, compared to all that lovely new prada i was realy confused.... and then i clicked on the image...

definitely a mistake.
waiting eagerly to see what rodarte comes out with this season.

I'm so glad there is no Caroline, for gods sake we had enough of the woman in every damn issue for years!!!

CHANGE has truly come to US Vogue this year, so happy about it.

Thanks for the scans, its the usual UV studio ed with the nuts hair, but i like it.

:lol: I soo knew i shouldnt have written that (cuz its lame), but i couldn't help myself. :blush: :rofl:

ugh raquel's rodarte shot is disastrous... the rest is just the usual boring studio shoot, although natasha makes it a bit more interesting, and the hair is nice too... i think isabeli's are the best poses.

I can see lots of mixed reactions for the Sims edit (as expected). I expect to see even more mixed reactions with Jessica Stam's edit.

Here's the UHQ scans of Jessica Stam's 8-page edit. She appears in five of the pages and the other pages are dedicated to that shag-carpeted car (which were not scanned).

BORN TO BE WILD
PH: Raymond Meier
STYLE: Elissa Santisi

Scans courtesy of VampireHorde

The Liebovitz/Raquel Z edit and the Sasha Pivo edit are also done. They will be posted later, so keep checking back.

:shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniel Rg Crandall
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->