US Vogue March 2017 : Fashion's Fearless Females by Inez & Vinoodh

MDNA

Reaction score

vogue.com

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a fantastic and very diverse casting but I am not fan of the image itself. Their heads look huge in the black turtlenecks.

Ashley looks so much older than the others here.

Anyway, i wish they didn't put Kendall and Gigi on this, they already have US Vogue covers, it was time for other girls!

For the most part the casting is well executed, Kendall and Gigi being the exception for me, but what an awful image. Roll necks on a beach with shorts. I don't care what runway the look walked off, that line up of black tops doesn't look good at all.

And I can't help but feel the shame should be on Anna for once again not selecting Viola for a cover. Her absence from other covers leaves me with some hope she'll appear post-Oscar win at least.

Is this really the cover? It looks hideous :ninja:

This could have been really good but they messed it up. First by selecting Annie to shoot this. Why not Mikael? The lighting is terribly dated. I hate how it's cropped, it's too close or they could have at least cut off the lower legs and position them underneath the Vogue title.

And then the girls... only Imaan and Vittoria look somehow good. Gigi and Kendall prove why they're NOT models. So bland and clueless. Adwoa is the only one not looking into the camera. Ashley's pose and expression are awful and Liu Wen looks like she's been photoshopped into the picture.

With the budget and expertise US Vogue has in store, this SHOULD have been good but it isn't.

Only good thing: the Prada outfits.

O
M
G

I've died and gone to heaven.

Finally a US vogue to be really excited about.

I'm especially happy for Imaan. So glad she's not on the foldout this time.

Are we sure it's by Annie Leibovitz though? I heard someone else shot this.

It's by Inez & Vinoodh.
I'm glad we have a model cover and not Lady Gaga or Katy Perry as rumored. But I don't like this cast... Gigi, Kendall and even Ashley all have names big enough to land solo covers. Their spots should have gone to other girls. But good for Liu, Adwoa, Imaan and Vittoria!! As for the image, I will wait for HQ... so far looks a bit like a mess!

Wky Gigi ??? :( Of course she has to be in the center.

I'm so happy for Vittoria though !

Wow, how stunning! I LOVE this, and first cover for I&V after DECADES of working for Wintour!!!!!

Also hahahah lets get the complaints over casting started, can't wait for all:; Where is Anna, hahah NO! I love this casting, it makes perfect sense to have a mix of well known, and unexpected models like Adwoa!

So happy over this cover!

I did say maybe this shoot was for a cover, didn't I?

Love the fact that it's models, and so glad for Liu Wen! It looks like Adwoah, Imaan and Vittoria isn't making eye contact with the camera....

Yes it's indeed by I&V!!!!!! Adds to the excitement!!!! Wonderful cover debut!

While I am so happy to see models on Vogue US cover, the models choice are not as unexpected. I like the cast. At least it's no Bella on the cover. However, this image doesn't do it for me. I don't know who to blame but with models on the cover, they can do so much better, especially if they want to take a little risk.

We so seldom get full lenght shots for the cover these days, and here we have 7 top models working it!

Oh my goodness!!! What a beautiful cover! Inez!!!!

And I love how it TIMELY says "Women Rule". It's like being political without being so blatant. Eye roll. Haha

The size though. Anna stop messing with my collection!

Wow, by Inez and Vinoodh? What an awful debut cover... normally they are masters of photography.

I'm here only for Liu Wen! Sooooo happy for her:buzz:!! And definitely she deserves it!! :clap:

I wanna like this but I really can't. The cast is random, the pose looks like sorority girls, the composition overall is a mess.

Great cast, however the cover is a totally mess. It should be so much better

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->