US Vogue September 2017 : Jennifer Lawrence by Annie Leibovitz

How come Joan Smalls and Lara Stone not on the cover but Kendall and Gigi?

Only 774 pages for the Anniversary Issue? Sad!

I saw the magazine earlier today, but I didn't get to read through it. HOWEVER, I must retract my earlier statement regarding me not liking Annie Leibovitz' cover. It looked stunning and glorious in real life! The colors looked lovely and it really stood out!

Ok, I'm sold! Not only because of the ads, but also the edits previewed so far sort of harks back to the American Vogue I used to love! They all look good, tbh. My only gripe would be the lack of British models (Kate, Naomi, Edie?). And then there's the Brazilians (Caroline, Raquel, Gisele), who I was never really fond of but they were very US Vogue. But still looking forward to getting my hands on this....

Btw...Armani's ad is the best because it's so special. He managed to capture the essence of Vogue and his brand. Bravo!

Last edited by a moderator:
The painting cover is so beautiful. :wub: Wow, first time in a long time that i genuinely like an American Vogue cover.

Just because your favorite models aren't in it doesn't mean it's an awful issue. :lol:

US Vogue was never a supporter of my favourite models, so that's not the problem. There are a few models in here that I really dislike, however.

Btw...Armani's ad is the best because it's so special. He managed to capture the essence of Vogue and his brand. Bravo!

I agree! That Raquel ad was absolutely stunning. Where's she in this issue btw??

Some shots in Good Jeans are really beautiful, but apart from Homeward Bound, the Nicole feature and the ads I see nothing that I like.

Sensation thanks a million for the snaps. :heart:

I like the things posted, and looking forward to getting my issue, but i do wish for such a big issue there was at least one or two more eds!

The first cover seems more like a Vanity Fair cover rather than a Vogue Cover, the second and third are by far my favorites, and the last one looks nearly identical to 2016's September issue and not too far off from 2015's as well. Why does Anna Wintour think that sticking whatever actress/"model"/singer is relevant at the moment in front of a gray backdrop will appeal to the American masses? I'm not a fan of Jennifer at all but I am however glad that another Instagram model with rich parents and no talent didn't get the September issue for a second year in a row.

Chelsea Manning by Annie Leibovitz:

TELEMMGLPICT000137095629_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqNEy7fnZuGDHYMje75Jc0GBDXAEAtQNt1y2g9uDNDin8.jpeg

telegraph

Last edited by a moderator:
The editorial content in the issue looks great. Its a shame the cover was wasted on Jennifer for a celebratory issue like this when there were surely far better options..regardless I'll probably make the effort to get this

Vogue Sept 2017 Celebrating 125 years! :clap: :heart:
Photographer: Annie Leibovitz
Stylist: Tonne Goodman
Hair: Garren Defaazio
Makeup: Diane Kendal

20838705_132198920724327_7063874231456497664_n.jpg

instagram.com/lindaevangelista

“I’ve been dangled from a window; I’ve sat on a ball and hung from a ladder—I would have done anything to get a good picture.” —Linda Evangelista.
vogue.com

^lol yeah i agree. What a bland editorial to celebrate the 125th anniversary.

For American Vogue, this is pretty darn EPIC! Loving all the shots! Even the shot of Kendall and Gigi is awesome. Christy is as beautiful as ever. Natalia is sublime. Liu & Fei Fei are sublime. Linda is simply legendary, from head to toe with that pose. Missing Naomi and Helena.

Annie's ed has such a depressive vibe

I really like Fei Fei's and Liu's shot and Amber's and Carolyn's.

The rest is meh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->