US Vogue September 2017 : Jennifer Lawrence by Annie Leibovitz

Has anyone received a copy of the other covers? I only see the Leibovitz on newsstands. And I checked Instagram, subscribers seems to be getting the Leibovitz one as well

I wonder if the other "covers" are really covers in the first place. They just put the Vogue logo on it I guess, but there's no text on those.

^ They are not! Its a fold out, and some covers have the old style masthead even, not like the ones they released.

American Daydream
Photographer:
Steven Klein
Stylist: Grace Coddington
Models: Lara Stone & Joan Smalls
Make-up: Lauren Parsons
Hair: Julien d'Ys

US Vogue Digital Edition[/SIZE]

lol what was the point of having Lara in this shoot if she was only going to mostly be background to Joan?

Nice ed though, very Coddington

Anyone know the page count? I think this is the first time in recent history that the number of pages is not mentioned in the coverlines.

I do know that this isn't their biggest—on the website, the current record is still the Lady Gaga cover for their 120th anniversary, at 916 pages.

^ They are not! Its a fold out, and some covers have the old style masthead even, not like the ones they released.

Oh, ok! The Leibovitz is the main one, and the rest fold out? Better that way actually.

For me this is just a great US Vogue issue in general based on the content. I'm not getting any celebratory feel overall though which is probably fine as well. I do quite like the Klein edit with Joan and Lara. We haven't seen something like this from him in a while actually. Very cliched, but in a nice Norman Rockwell way which works for American Vogue. But the more you look at it the more some awkward undertones surface - housewives cooking, tending after children, going out to dinner. And then you it also becomes apparent that this editorial wit it's 50's femininity simply doesn't align with Vogue's recent 'youth' shift at all, because what's the message here?

Vittoria's edit is stunning, should've been only her. Setting helps a lot. I had huge hopes for the Sims edit but these girls and their leaping poses have nothing on Trentini and Raquel. Also Ellen's pouting......:blink:

Thanks for posting, Melancholybaby! :heart:

Oh, ok! The Leibovitz is the main one, and the rest fold out? Better that way actually.
Yes, only seen Leibovitz one as the main cover, the rest fold out, and then each Jennifer cover has a different vintage masthead on it. Then it also folds out into 16 cover images they consider Iconic :rolleyes: (like that horrible Sept cover with Beyonce, they must be havin a laugh!!) There is also a new (ANOTHER?!? :doh:) book coming out, Vogue covers, using the Rihanna April 2011 issue image.

if you guys see the profile of @casamagazinesnyc will see on their instagram stories, how is the fold out actually...and will understand....

Glad I won't have to scramble/search online for the Inez & Vinnodh cover, and there is indeed just the one. Thanks for the info! :heart:

A really nice issue from Vogue this month, far more superior than months prior and I do love the outcome of the supermodels editorial by Leibovitz. Yeah, considering how thick the issue is, I could've done with more photos of the ladies but I won't complain too much.

I think there are lots of others smaller editorials unposted, anyone could help?

A S H I O N T A L K — @graciehartzel is featured in the September 2017 issue of @voguemagazine (125th Anniversary). This editorial story about photographer turned designer, Gosha Rubchinskiy was written by @nickremsen. Fashion by Camilla Nickerson, hair by @ramoneyluv, makeup by @traceygraymann. #NextOnThePage
[
Lineisy, Yasmin, Jing, Cara by Charlotte Wales styled by Alex Harrington
[[

I have seen other pictures of another editorial with Lineisy and Mayowa too..

Last edited by a moderator:
They treat their subscribers like crap... I have yet to receive my issue..

I just received my issue in the mail and my cover is the Bruce Weber shot. It's my least favorite :(

Charlotte's photography is so good that those images should have been used for a full editorial in the magazine, they're so much more worthy than some of the current editorials in the issue.

I looked through this issue online - through my local library - and while it's good to see so many ads in a September issue, it's a pity that I wouldn't look twice at 95% of them, and the memorable parts of the issue for me are the sections where it reprints or looks back at something that's gone before.

Iman's memories in the 'Nostalgia' section... I could have read an entire book's worth of those words, and about 200 pages later, I learn there's a forthcoming documentary about Kevyn Aucoin.

I also liked the interviews with the 'power people' like Oprah, Serena, Nicole and Calvin (no surnames needed) but everything that was modern seemed insubstantial by comparison.

And having read the issue online, I doubt there's a reason for me to buy it, because none of the editorials are THAT compelling.

^ US Vogue written content is so much more appealing than their editorial's, to me as well! Which is sad because they are supposed to be THE mother of all Fashion magazines! (obviously not anymore)

KA docu is something i am looking forward to, and I recommend you to keep an eye out on another new docu; Antonio Lopez, Sex Fashion and Disco. It looks great.

Finally saw the painting cover in real life (With the official logo and 125th Anniversary text)... it's not as striking as the Leibovitz cover. It looks good online, but rather weak in print.

The Bruce Webber cover is also on IG (tagged photos). Totally random cover imo

^ Thanks for the heads up, so they are actually releasing all four covers wow, i literally only seen the Leibovitz one at several different newsstands!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->