US Vogue November 2008 : Reese Witherspoon by Mario Testino

the casting reflects the magazine's aesthetics. and each editors own aesthetics.

But you can find Raquel in Vogue Paris' Emmanuelle Alt editorials, as well ....

Caroline T. is the Head League Models in Vogue US. She clearly represents American Girl. And for Vogue Paris' Carine Roitfeld, whose aesthetics is verry sexy, Lara Stone is the major model (at the moment)
blablabla ....
then you have photog' favorites .... which is very obvious in Vogue Italia with Mr Meiseil ....

casting isn't that easy, honey ..... :rolleyes::lol:

well, i know that. i can see that every magazine and every photographer follows different aesthetics. all i was saying was that i like one better than the other.

what i like about the casting and the way vogue us shoots their girls (yes, the photographers do, they have their favourites, V&M have eniko at the moment, meisel those anna and viktorya girls, lalala:( i'm a girl. i know what boobs look like. if i want to see a pair, i can look down. i want to see clothes, fun ideas, and healthy girls.
vogue us chooses those girls. i want to be friends with them, i want to wear my hair like them. now, i know, that's neither artsy nor cool, but unfortunately that's my taste in fashion editorials.

LOL @ the "new look" heading on the Reese article. She has looked the same for the last five years! I don't get it. Did Reese add a blonde highlight? Honestly, Vogue, if you can't repackage your old goods properly....

I'm a fan of Raquel but that editorial is unflattering. And I'm not keen on the Klein fire motif. It was ok in that Daphne Guinness layout, but it should be put to rest now. Jeez, why is Vogue so beyond boring now? Is there really no hope?

Sims ed is boring and nothing new but Raquel looks good and I like the styling

OMG! :shock: Raquel's ed looks like a previous ed in US Vogue.
soo..... boringg... please stop this Anna. :angry: :censored: I'm actually amazed it sells

I always love these studio edits where the complete focus is on the clothes & accessories... and the styling in perfect! Raquel sells it well. Thank you for scanning Luxx.

^you know what. i actually came to the conclusion (i think i'm coming to a lot of conclusions this year about vogue us) that the plain same old studio we're seeing for years is actually the answer of Anna Wintour to the White Cube's art galleries of modern times .... White Cube was supposed to give the artwork the authonomy it has developed ....
maybe she's trying to reach the same solution - in a fashion world, though - with a sort of egg color wallpaper ....

i don't know.

and yeah the styling isn't creative, the way i'm loving it. but it's still some good ol' styling.

and to conclude, let's quote our dear Mullet ....
Sims' stories for Vogue may surely lack in imagination and obviously don't bother to emphasise anything but at least the insipidness leaves enough room for your eye to travel over these "it" items several times to the point that once you've acknowledged it is only about selling, you realise that some of it wouldn't be such terrible purchases, like the Chloé white suit, and the Maud Frizon sandals
zorro.gif
heart.gif

I like simple studio eds with focus on the clothes but i dont appreciate styling in that one, so its bores me.

Raquel :clap: Even when they have her doing the same old, same old she still shines!

Chill Factor
Ph. David Sims
Model: Raquel Zimmerman
Fashion Editor: Marie Amelie Sauve
Hair: Paul Hanlon
Makeup: Lucia Pieroni
Image Credit | Scanned by Me from Vogue November 08
UGH!!!!:angry: Raquel jumping is just as bad as Caroline
doing it..if 1 wasnt the other had to be..i hate wen they r both in Vogue
together..im surprised they didnt do an editorial together..has raquel
ever been in vogue this year where she isnt smiling, laughing, or jumping?

I don't like this cover at all but Reese looks so beautiful in her editorial! Raquel's ed is quite boring and I haven't decided if I like it or not yet... =/

OMG!!!! I thought that editorial is one of the best i've seen in a while from Testino & Vogue - My votes for the cover would have been Reese in the McQueen dress on the balcony or the sillouheted shot of her in the red dress but with her face showing - those shown on the cover would be truly fashion forward and not just a celebrity on the magazine + an image like would make me want to pick up the magazine and others who know what the content of vogue is. It seems like vogue is trying to trick elle or Good housekeeping reader into picking up an issue at face value and maybe it works for them?!? but the cover really is just bad beyond words - still that first picture of her & Olivier in the Cafe...WOW....looks more like a Leibovitz shot more than a Testino one so maybe that's why i'm a little more partial. :smile:

Reese looks surprisingly stunning in her ed! I think the hairstyle adds a nice high-fashion touch.

I love Reese's ed, too, and also kinda like the cover as well.

i don't even bother buying US Vogue anymore because the covers are so predictable. it doesn't even look like Vogue anymore, it's starting to look like Lucky or Glamour or something like that.The editorials seem to be getting a little bit better though.

raquels ed are beyond boring, my God why do the same thing month after month...

I scanned Ali Michael's pic.Who's the other model?
Ali and ?
Ph.David Vasiljevic
Vogue US November 2008

scanned by me

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Byron Boy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"