US Vogue November 2009 : Marion, Penelope, Nicole and Kate by Annie Leibovitz

THIS pic in particular Nicole looks stunning! It's a shame.
I'd love to see the original shot.
I definitely feel like Penelope and Marion are the two standouts.

They are all washed up and washed out looking. Marion is the only one who's giving some kind of mood to the cover. Nicole looks very much like an uncomfortable drag queen. The red lip is so bad. Penelope's face is lacking and the other girl isn't even trying.

:lol: Your descriptions are spot on! Judging by this, Marion should have had the cover solo. She's really holding the image together - otherwise it would just be three stepford-perfect women standing in a line with vaguely creepy smiles. And the photoshopped look is just:huh: I would've expected Vogue to have mastered the fine art of digital manipulation by now.

Also, as much as I appreciate their trying to do something different, it looks just a bit too Vanity Fair to me. Like, is that pre-fall McQueen Nicole is wearing? Surely the world's foremost edition of Vogue should at least make an effort to use current collections. It looks a tiny bit dated...

That's such a bad shot of Nicole. Marion should've had the cover to herself. But it really looks so photoshopped as stated already.

Nicole Kidman's face :shock::sick:

Keep Marion and ditch the rest!

I love the idea, the layout and the colors. I think it could've been an amazing cover, but it's not. For me, this particular shot does not work. All four of them look really strange. There's no interaction between them, it's like they just took random pictures of them and put them all together.

Plus, Nicole looks like the Joker. But then what else is new.

Last edited by a moderator:
not interested in them but the cover's pretty nice. it's different!

I'm shocked at how they've made three stunning women (and Kate Hudson) look so utterly terrible.

I love the cover! Very different! The Banner is gone but I hope that the text above the logo wasn't there also. Nicole looks pasted, Marion looks WOW, Penelope looks STUNNING, Kate looks LOVELY! Overall - wonderful cover

*Thanks for posting! Can't wait for the contents! :*

they don't even look like they took that pic at the same time.

They could have made a great cover.. That looks so fake and awkward.

I hate this. It's photoshopped to death, it looks really tacky and unprofessional.
I really dislike the text above the masthead and that weird umbrella that Nicole appears to be holding.

okay, after reading the thread title, it sent chills down to my spine as i was seriously excited for this one. but after seeing the cover, feeling of disappointment stroked into me. well, just a bit only as i'm glad to see Marion and Penelope on the cover especially Marion. but this looks like it was photoshopped in a bad way. and how could they do that to Nicole? i mean, why on earth is her expression like that?

as for the cover, i was expecting it some of them would be sitting in a chair like Nicole then the other two would just be standing and the last one would be sitting on a low-level chair. something like that. :smile:

but i'll try again my best to appreciate the cover. :smile: can't wait for the content! :smile:

Someone's gone crazy with photoshopping.. ooh

This is horrendous. Oh my goodness just completely horrendous - I'm speechless.

this cover is awful.... how can it go so wrong with 4 beautiful women?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->