US Vogue November 2009 : Marion, Penelope, Nicole and Kate by Annie Leibovitz

It finally happened. I actually like it. Its a nice change.

This is Nicole's 7th Vogue US Cover, Kate's 5th, Penelope's 3rd and Marion's 1st.

I hate this Leibovitz's aesthetic, it's just bad. They all look so artificial. How they managed to turn someone as beautiful as Penelope into something like that. :yuk:

Leibovitz should be forbidden to work in fashion. Her other type of work it's actually not bad.

Are we all sure that this is the actual cover? Did imdb linked this to a source?

They are all washed up and washed out looking. Marion is the only one who's giving some kind of mood to the cover. Nicole looks very much like an uncomfortable drag queen. The red lip is so bad. Penelope's face is lacking and the other girl isn't even trying.
Yes, just Marion, just Marion...
Btw it's a great thing that she's on the US Vogue. :blush:

Hmmm very photoshopped. The lighting could've looked good but I don't know it doesn't feel too natural here. And Penelope is the only one who looks good.

It would've probably looked more natural/beautiful as a fold-out, instead of squashing them together.

I think is very fierce, but Marion looks weird, too much photoshop

I hate this. It's photoshopped to death, it looks really tacky and unprofessional.
I really dislike the text above the masthead and that weird umbrella that Nicole appears to be holding.

Agree about EVERYTHING. Was going to post the same.

us vogue is doing that every month and every month we are totally shock and spend 20 pags of the thread before we know what is inside the magazine, talking about how totally shopped the covers are. Usa vogue is terible and we all know that !! I miss the us vogue from the 90s !! Sorry for saying this but i had to !:wink:

I hate this. It's photoshopped to death, it looks really tacky and unprofessional.
I really dislike the text above the masthead and that weird umbrella that Nicole appears to be holding.

This is horrendous. Oh my goodness just completely horrendous - I'm speechless.

Agree 100%. What the hell happened in post production, did they cut the budget by 80% or something?? Atrocious work, very badly done. :shock:

Badly Photoshopped. Looks like they used Polyvore to cut them out and paste them on a fake background. The content looks about as dull as usual. "The Perfect Week End Wardrobe", "It's Not Easy Being Green", and "Behind The Scenes..." makes for a typical Middle America/ Mass Market targeted U.S. Vogue Issue. The eds will probably be as lackluster as they always are. New management is desperately needed. U.S. Vogue could be great if it wasn't trying to have a mass market appeal. In doing so the creativity is all dried up. In it's place we have this convoluted mess. An embarrassment since this is the original Vogue, yet foreign editions are inherently better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicole has had so much plastic surgery she doesn't even look like herself anymore. She looks horrific on the cover...like she just sucked on a lemon.

Is that a fake background, or are they really on the shore? Can't tell.

I've said it before that US fashion magazine covers suck and the Vogue cover is terrible. There has not been one decent cover for November! :yuk:

And I thought the Vogue UK cover for November was terrible...

Pfff, why this bad photograph?
The cast is amazing, and that's the best they can do? I feel embarrased for them!!

U.S. Vogue could be great if it wasn't trying to have a mass market appeal. In doing so the creativity is all dried up. In it's place we have this convoluted mess. An embarrassment since this is the original Vogue, yet foreign editions are inherently better.

While I agree that there absolutely should be a shift in attitude /management at Vogue US I don't think that the problem revolves around their target. When you serve a market as big as America you have to have mass appeal. They are beholden to the kind of scrutiny and demands that the other Vogues just aren't there is no getting around that. The circulation of the foreign Vogue's is signifigantly smaller which allows them a greater degree of freedom creatively.

That said, I don't think there is anything wrong with reaching out to a large and broad audience. For a great period of time in the 90s - early 00s Vogue was able to work within the constraints of their readership and extend themselves creatively - the formula just got stale after awhile and they lost their footing. They have yet to find the right balance between the glamorous concepts they used to be so great at putting forth and the needs / wants / desires of real women today. I do not think what they're doing right now in terms of certain things appeals Middle America, I don't think it appeals to anyone really... A cover chock full of nearly farcical platitudes, where 4 beautiful women look lackluster and photoshopped within an inch of their life is just as ugly in Manhattan as it is in Peoria.

I'm not going to judge the full content of this issue based on the cover though - there have been some gems editorially in Vogue US during the past few months. The grand sweeping change is not going to happen anytime soon but when they do what they do best it still can be incredibly appealing.

I feel like I have to see this in real life or in HQ before I can decide what I think, like everyone else said it looks really photoshopped right now

Badly Photoshopped. Looks like they used Polyvore to cut them out and paste them on a fake background. The content looks about as dull as usual. "The Perfect Week End Wardrobe", "It's Not Easy Being Green", and "Behind The Scenes..." makes for a typical Middle America/ Mass Market targeted U.S. Vogue Issue. The eds will probably be as lackluster as they always are. New management is desperately needed. U.S. Vogue could be great if it wasn't trying to have a mass market appeal. In doing so the creativity is all dried up. In it's place we have this convoluted mess. An embarrassment since this is the original Vogue, yet foreign editions are inherently better.

I don't see how the content appeals to the mass market at all. Who outside of Manhattan cares about "urban apartment renewal" or "a dandy in survival school". Hell, who in Manhattan cares? It's simply absurd. Not to mention everyone knows what they put in US is not affordable to the mass market.

Anyway, this cover is atrocious. The actresses are barely recognizable if it weren't for their names. I am excited for Nine, but this is just terribly photoshopped and composed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"