US Vogue October 2022 : Jennifer Lawrence by Tina Barney

It's not an awful cover in fact it's very cookie cutter US Vogue, but I think an outdoor location would've made it stunning. The pool shot shows that. No idea who this photographer is but it looks very Glamour. Albeit a bit polished. If you're going to invite a photographer who's not in fashion surely they should bring something a bit more unique?

It just feels a bit random to see Jennifer Lawrence on a Vogue cover. Guess it's her Dior contract because her peers who used to be Anna's faves no longer make the cover.

Now the real stinker is Lena Dunham still getting platformed.

This is a cover shot? Her expression is a mixture of "I'm pissed, girl" and a deer in the headlights. The preview of the editorial doesn't provide a saving grace either. Oh, Anna, clean up your mess or clean up your desk.

I kinda get the activist peg of the cover shot coupled with the serious face and "You have to be political tagline"

No clue who Tina Barney was until a quick Google search informed me she's a 76-year-old established American photographer who ought to now stick to taking portraits of family life, as opposed to dabbling in fashion photography after this. What a lifeless and utterly pedestrian cover/shoot!

Some 2000 Versace campaigns by Meisel looked very much like her work. Amber and Georgina etc :innocent:

Terrible imo... give me Annie if this is the alternative :yuk:

Looks like she's trying to sold that dress in Marketplace

Very dull set and expression. Only like the green dress shot

Last edited:
Im actually pissed
The wall and the shadow makes me wanna go to Mars and never come back ever

LOL what were people expecting from American Vogue in 2022??? As if the September issue’s budget a-day-at-a-Wisconsin-mall-glamour-shot-studio wasn’t pedestrian enough to set your standards low low low.

To her credit, Tina’s beens around the art world for a long time. At least she’s not some InstaPhotographer snatched up for their popular following for some desperate pandering to the children. Jennifer’s always been insufferable, even in better Vogue days. Now that she has to be political, she's full on, abysmally insufferable LOL It’s actually not a horrible shot: It’s very much Tina’s solemn signature of American high society portraiture. It’s just stripped off any remaining sheen that’s Vogue. And that's very en vogue these days.

I am in consensus. This looks like nothing.

It looks like a Macy's catalog.

No clue who Tina Barney was until a quick Google search informed me she's a 76-year-old established American photographer who ought to now stick to taking portraits of family life, as opposed to dabbling in fashion photography after this.

Completely agree! :lol::lol::lol:

Like I said, she's not moving any needles so what's the point? I'd rather watch Jamie Hawkesworth, Theo de Guetzl, or Luis Alberto Rodriguez evolve on the covers of American Vogue than this lady, who I'm sure is a perfectly decent artist, but also a very mediocre fashion photographer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->