US Vogue September 2006 : Kirsten Dunst by Annie Leibovitz

The article about skinny jeans was atrocious...I'm fairly young, but wasn't Vogue once a trendsetter?

I need to pick this issue up. I couldn't find it today. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

The Sept issue of GQ actually looks quite interesting as well.

The fattest issue and the dullest issue. WTF???

I haven't received this issue in the mail, so I go and buy it at a newsstand and I realize this issue is maybe 2/3 advertising! I know Sept issue is fat with advertising, but this is getting ridiculous. And none of it is interesting. The editorials are so bland and boring it's insulting. All the editorials are phoned in! WTF??? I am getting tired of US Vogue. Yuck!!! Conde Nasty getting awful with subscribers. I get all my Nasty stuff without knowing when they will arrive.

Both Anna Wintour and Grace Cottington need to go!

Especially Wintour! She's become a tasteless hag. What arbiter of fashion features so much fur in a mazazine in this time and age. That alone seems an indication that her time has come and gone.

The day after I buy this issue on the newsstand, it's here in the mail. Figures.

I'm cancelling my Vogue subscription.

Can someone please scan Doutzens editorial?? That would be awsome...

from fwd...very interesting...

The reason Kristin Dunst was not interviewed for her cover story in September Vogue is that her publicist was furious when info suggesting Anna Wintour was unhappy with the actress’ dish-watery hair color were leaked to the press (and then posted on Us Weekly’s blog)…

^haha i thought that was weird! it only talked about the history of Marie Antoinette. Although it was a more interesting article than if it were on Kirsten!

Doutzen looked gorgeous in this ed, overall...I thought it was....Meh...maybe it was because I was so hyped up about it

kimair said:
from fwd...very interesting...

thanks for that info,makes sense now.kirsten looks great ,anna is just stupid for saying that .i was so pi*sed offf when i didnt see an article on kirsten!
they never did it with any actress be4.

i really think kirsten looks soo low class, i am glad atleast it leaked out wintour wasn't thrilled with her on the cover. i think of her as the female verdsion of eminem--- that bottle bleached "Kelly Bundy" blonde hair, and the awful pug nose, pasty face ... the cover just caused me to dread picking the magazine up.
the "waht shapre are you" bit was a waste fo good photography... you think instead of having a US Vogue, conde nast can save themselves the trouble by just publishign the briish vogue here as well?

pretending to look innovative and just dull, stupid
absolutely hate this all, except the Penn editorial which looks good

this is the worst issue I've ever seen from US Vogue which have already been bad

Finally got my copy today. Went through it in 10 minutes(give or take a few). Left me empty.

I just finished his huge mess and it was so incredibly boring... I agonized through the parts before the editorial section which pretty much is 80% of the magazine. The What Your Shape section was beyond words - now I know there is a concept known as the popsicle shape – I just cringe thinking about it. However, the remainder of the magazine has some incredible features. I just love the Natalia edit, I have not been so stunned by an US Vogue editorial since Daria’s in the March issue among others. Also, the whole Marie Antoinette coverage was fascinating and a really good read. So was the Fight Club piece – what an incredible company of Japanese designers. The other editorials were pretty standard but they did a good job with the styling, there are pieces I will kill for!! The rest was pretty blah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->