V Magazine #100 Spring 2016 : Britney Spears by Mario Testino

madzedre

Reaction score
10422147_10153582571330805_112183605573155605_n.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/VMagazine/?fref=photo

oh boy, i don't even know what to make of this.

she looks... good? hardly looking like herself, but still. And what's with the Kim Kardashian styling and pose?

Looks nothing like her on any of the covers. She's such a random choice for the 100th issue.

her ninth album is due in spring! I guess thats why

I had to check what year it is right now. But she looks amazing.

acording to http://britneyspears.breatheheavy.com/
V’s founder explained why Britney was the obvious cover queen choice for the special edition: “When looking for cover worthy subjects for our 100th issue, we had to ask ourselves, Who do pop stars and musicians—who have become an integral part of what V represents—look up to and admire?” says Gan. “There was only one answer: Britney! She has entered icon status, and who in our world did not grow up listening to her music?”

acording to http://britneyspears.breatheheavy.com/
V’s founder explained why Britney was the obvious cover queen choice for the special edition: “When looking for cover worthy subjects for our 100th issue, we had to ask ourselves, Who do pop stars and musicians—who have become an integral part of what V represents—look up to and admire?” says Gan. “There was only one answer: Britney! She has entered icon status, and who in our world did not grow up listening to her music?”

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I personally love it. I think she looks great and I really like the rainbow V. She has been on top form lately with her Vegas residency and she'll probably be releasing new music soon, so it makes sense. Plus she's Britney, so why not!

Britney for the 100th issue?!

Okay, the covers are hot, I guess it's due to the male model LOL?! And she doesn't look like herself though.

Britney Spears at 100 — on V Magazine’s Centennial Issue

To celebrate its 100th issue V Magazine has tapped Britney Spears as its cover model.

This is Spears’ second cover for V — the first was in 1999 — and it also marks a reunion of sorts between the pop star and writer John Norris, who penned both cover stories. The singer is currently in the second year of her Las Vegas residency and she is finishing her ninth studio album.

“When looking for cover-worthy subjects for our 100th issue, we had to ask ourselves: Who do pop stars and musicians — who have become an integral part of what V represents — look up to and admire?” said editor Stephen Gan about the choice of Spears. “There was only one answer: Britney….[W]ho in our world did not grow up listening to her music? Plus, she’s spent some time out of the ether, which makes her reappearance all the more fun and surprising. Mario Testino’s pictures say it all: she’s in great shape, and about to hit us with new music any day now.”

The 100th issue of the bimonthly glossy, which goes on sale this Friday, is a double issue. The first volume of the magazine is a mini-retrospective, and the second represents the best of spring fashion. Contributors to the retrospective include Carine Roitfeld, Hedi Slimane, Jean-Paul Goude, Bruce Weber, Lady Gaga, Nicola Formichetti, Mert & Marcus, Nick Knight, Karl Lagerfeld, Mario Sorrenti, Steven Klein and Terry Richardson.

As to whether he believes fashion magazines are as relevant in print as they once were, Gan said, “This issue perfectly illustrates my belief that magazines are to become more beautiful and precious, and will hopefully end up as collector’s items…juxtaposed with the equally integral fast pace of the Internet, the print issue continues to be the crucial core, and the conversation-starter of what a magazine is trying to say.”

He offered that V has extended its reach beyond fashion to the pop culture community, particularly in digital. This includes highlighting the works of musicians on its Web site for a fashion-focused audience.

“That’s what is so crucial about a magazine’s online presence: it extends our reach, and the reach of those that we wish to support,” Gan concluded.
wwd.com

Holy mother of God I thought this day would never come. I don't care for V, much less for Testino, but YAAAAASSSSS MAMA. Finally a well-produced Britney cover. I still hope to see her on the cover of Vogue. Just for fun. (And especially the fact that she is so un-fashion.) :lol:

Britney Spears or Natasha Poly? These covers fail to impress me, but that just about sums up V's space in the fashion industry. Anyway, I'm fine with her for the cover. Very unexpected and more interesting than Gaga, Rihanna, Katy Perry etc etc.

Seriously? That doesn't even look like her. What a random choice.

I think she looks like her younger self, she looks good.
Also good that V finally admits that they are very much into musicians.

Not sure I agree with their reasoning behind putting her on the cover, but I do like them. She looks beautiful and sexy on the covers. At first when I saw Testino's name I kinda cringed, but he's done a fantastic job here.

I like these. Although I get neck pains by looking at the first and second covers. But yes she does look pretty.

I am so Happy to see my Girl in a big cover. She looks amazing.. Good job Mr Testino

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->