V Magazine #103 Fall 2016 by Mario Testino

Troye is the real star of this mess. The others are just bad!

Seriously, what happened to Mario? His work since 2010 has been very embarrassing. It's bad and when you think it's not going to be worse, it's worse.

Apart from his Chanel ads, everything he is doing is a mess.

No, are you mad? Lol! Look at her, she's the only one taking control in these shots. She's clearly TOO MUCH for poor little Lucky Blue, and needed a real man, not that unassuming adolescent.

Exactly. She´s too good for this mess of an ed, too HF imo :D

I don't like Troye and can't stand that lame Lucky Blue Smith. This magazine is so trashy :rolleyes: I mean look at that hair! He looks like he has a damned Stinktier on his head!

Last edited by a moderator:
it's happened, i have no idea who these people are, i'm officially too old for fashion mags. hopefully their pandering to youths will pay off.

other than me not knowing who the subjects are, both the cover and the ed are so uninspired and dull

It's a scummy thing to call him "scum".

I am a huge fan of Troye, he's a great live singer and he's distanced himself from the YouTube sphere. Trisha Paytas would be perfect for V, lol.

Troye and Taylor together look stunning!

Terrible, just terrible. Nothing about any of this is redeemable. The awful cast. Testino looking amateur again. Ugh. If they wanted to be at least a tiny bit edgy, they should have put him with Unlucky.

As much as the cheap glossy cover and edits, it's baffling to read very uncalled for comments. Troye has gains his own popularity and rights to be called a musician because he is actually talented. But to called him a scum for no solid reason is just a shallow thing to do.

On the other hand, no one can save this whole mess. Testino is just getting worse and worse.

Uh... Well... At least Taylor looks good?

I totally thought that was Jumping Trentini on the second cover. Was real happy for her. Until I found out it's not her. Anyone else? Lol.

Youtube, Instagram, Twitter, hell even Snapchat has to be paying these magazines for featuring these social media narcissists! I cannot deal with this era of the fashion industry/media any longer!

Lucky Smith's looks... Hope this issue will sold well, helped by some sugardaddies' fantasy?

Seriously, what happened to Mario? His work since 2010 has been very embarrassing. It's bad and when you think it's not going to be worse, it's worse.

Apart from his Chanel ads, everything he is doing is a mess.

His shots of Cam Newton still shows he has some of his old spark left even in 2016… Then again, with Cam’s face and body, it’s really a minimum effort to get a great shot.

I have no interest in twinks in high fashion, and these two are the twinkiest in twinkdom. V seems to be marketed as the fashion companionship to the current Pop music scene, so understandably the quality of the shoots do tend to be typically on the scraping the bottom of the barrel side to reflect Pop’s current quality and teen girls' taste. Mario’s just shooting for the intended demographic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the imagery, the styling, none of it. However the comments about Troye are so odd. So he began life as a YouTuber... And? He's released an album, which regardless of your views on its merit, has garnered him some very favourable reviews from respected critics. And for me, most importantly, he is important. He's an openly gay, young guy whom teenagers look up to. He wears make up when he wants to, he is regularly seen with painted nails and even sometimes heels on, he sings about guys, his videos have him in relationships with males. He is exactly who he wants to be and makes no apologies for it. Whilst the shoot itself is odd and not portraying what he stands for particularly, I'm glad to see him landing a cover. The more the merrier for him. To me, he's a very important figure to have out there. If he helps even one teenager with accepting who they are then that's bloody brilliant in my book. He is absolutely in no way deserving of the title 'scum'.

What a joke some of the comments on this site have become.

i really dont understand any of the casting in the shoot. Its so all over the place and no one is meshing together.

So these are all models then? Only like the red-headed babe. Looks very Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver. The guy on the first cover looks like he's got a lisp, not sure how he got booked for a cover.

No, Kacy Hill (the redhead on the second cover) is a musician. The contrast between her and Lucky is hilarious to say the least. She looks effortless, and he looks like he's going to implode from trying to serve "smoldering" looks to the camera.

I don't like the imagery, the styling, none of it. However the comments about Troye are so odd. So he began life as a YouTuber... And? He's released an album, which regardless of your views on its merit, has garnered him some very favourable reviews from respected critics. And for me, most importantly, he is important. He's an openly gay, young guy whom teenagers look up to. He wears make up when he wants to, he is regularly seen with painted nails and even sometimes heels on, he sings about guys, his videos have him in relationships with males. He is exactly who he wants to be and makes no apologies for it. Whilst the shoot itself is odd and not portraying what he stands for particularly, I'm glad to see him landing a cover. The more the merrier for him. To me, he's a very important figure to have out there. If he helps even one teenager with accepting who they are then that's bloody brilliant in my book. He is absolutely in no way deserving of the title 'scum'.

What a joke some of the comments on this site have become.

Thank you!
You don't have to like everyone, but some comments on this site are totally out of order lately.

And I agree with everything you said. I personally don't really listen to Troye's music, but he is an important role model for teens. Therefore I think it's a bit frustrating that V shot him like this - with a half naked Taylor besides him. Obviously a gay guy can be photographed next to a woman, but with Troye being so open about himself, how amazing would it have been to see that featured in this shoot as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->