V Magazine #103 Fall 2016 by Mario Testino

New Romantics
Photographer:
Mario Testino
Stylist: Amanda Harlech
Models: Andrey Matveev, Petite Meller, Jenkin van Zyl, Katie Moore, Veronika Vilim, Andy Bradin, Lina Hoss, Jelle Haen, Harriet Verney, Nico Carmandaye & Tom Wells
Make-Up: Val Garland
Hair: Sam McKnight

vmagazine.com

The photoshop is horrendous. Look at Kacy hill's butt in the shot with her and LBS. LMAO.

Worst covers ever :shock:
I love the new romantic story but I won't buy the mag because of the covers
Or I will buy an exercise book cover if buy it

Last edited by a moderator:
The New Romantics story is very good, love the styling! Interested in seeing what else this issue has within its pages.

Jungle Beat
Photographer:
Mario Sorrenti
Stylist: Mel Ottenberg
Model: Ali Michael
Make-Up: Kanako Takase
Hair: Bob Recine

vmagazine.com

Carly Rae Jepsen is Finding Emotion in Pop

Model: Carly Rae Jepsen
Photography: Charlie Engman
Styling: John Colver

vmagazine

Who are your musical icons?

“Icons” is a big for word for me and I don’t take it lightly. Vocally, there are three women who have stood out for me: Sinéad O’Connor, Billie Holiday, and Feist. I know those are very different women but there’s something about each one that has just really struck a chord with me.

Which artists are you listening to right now?

Christine and the Queens is at the top of my list. On tour, the band boys got me into Leon Bridges. I’m really in love with [Blood Orange’s Freetown Sound], too.

My favorite part about touring would have to be…

Tour family. There’s a family feeling on tour that’s different from the family you grew up with.

How would you describe your style?

I like to keep it kind of chill, especially in studio world, where it’s become just cut-off shorts and T-shirts. When I’m on stage, I like to play with fashion and feel the theatrics of a performance. I think that gets enhanced when you’re wearing something that’s a little more wild.

Do you ever get nervous before going on stage?

I do. It’s really sporadic, though. When it does happen, it always shakes me a little, but in a good way. Oddly, I find that I perform a bit better when I’m nervous.

The best thing about being a performer is…

The connection that you get with the audience. There’s a moment for me in every performance where I feel like we’re all in it together. I think that’s why so many people are able to feel understood through music and find a subject that can create a connection like that in the room. It can be really magical.

Emotion: Side B is out now via Interscope.

video

Tove Lo is Pop's Cool Girl Writing Her Own Rules

Model: Tove Lo
Styling: John Colver
Text: Charlie Engman

vmagazine

Who are your musical icons?

This makes me think of who I wanted to be and tried to mimic when I was a kid—who made me feel things for the first time. That was Janis Joplin, Michael Jackson, Nirvana, Prince, and Robyn, to name a few.

What was the first album you purchased?

The Nirvana MTV Unplugged in New York live album. I listened to it on my Walkman all the time and just walked around my neighborhood. I later heard they apparently hated doing that show and it made me really sad.

Which artists are you listening to right now?

I’m obsessed with Christine and the Queens. She’s so incredibly talented and badass and her live show is amazing. I have a crush on both her and one of her dancers. I also have Broods’ new album, Conscious, on repeat, not ’cause I’m on it, but ’cause every song is a ****ing bolt to the heart, in a good way. Others that blow my mind are Troye Sivan, Jarryd James, Todd Terje, SBTRKT, Azekel, and Rihanna. I could go on.

My favorite part about touring would have to be...

Sweating for an hour and a half together with my fans. I love everything about touring. Seeing a new city every day, living on top of each other on a bus, the freedom. You’re in the moment.

How would you describe your style?

Bare, effortless, a little hippie grunge. I could be topless and barefoot in just ripped jeans all year round. I still enjoy dressing up, though. I like colors, but, being Swedish, I’m easily drawn to black.

Do you ever get nervous before going on stage?

I feel tons of adrenaline, but I’m rarely nervous. TV used to scare the **** out of me, though. You go from zero to one hundred and every second is accounted for. I need a little **** up space.

The best thing about being a performer is…

To fully get to express myself the way I want to. My stage, my rules. The songwriting is a huge part of this as well. I get to say whatever I want and feel and to then see how it connects with people at my shows, to sing together with my fans. It’s hard to describe how huge that feels. I hope I get to do this for a very long time.

Neo Punk

Model: Dilone, Lina Hoss, Liene Podina & Joseph
Photography: Brett Lloyd
Styling: Tom Van Dorpe
Make-up: Ciara O’Shea
Hair: Mari Ohashi
Set design: Miguel Bento
Lighting Technician: Big Sky Studios
Photo Assistants: Piero Bressan and Jerome Hunt
Stylist Assistant Vespa Wolfe
Make-up Assistant Kana Hosomi
Casting: HARBINGER

vmagazine

Smooth Operator

Model: Yasmin Wijnaldum
Photography: Ben Toms
Styling: Robbie Spencer

vmagazine

The BEST editorial in this issue, Yasmin slays!!

Liene is slaying nowadays. Best makeover ever!

So true, I'm happy her career is taking off, she's such a great model and her editorials are all amazing (see that one from latest issue of 10, unfortunately unavailable in HQ online...).

And Yasmin... She looks awesome here. I know this is a matter of taste but I'm getting tired of people throwing stones at her printwork. Alright, she's not the most expressive model ever when it comes to photographs of her. But is Natasha Poly more expressive or have much more than one look face-wise? Natasha shines because of her energy and body language, Yasmin for that blasé pout (again, people like it or not but I don't see it as a flaw per se).

It´s a good issue imo. You wouldn´t think so just by looking at the covers.

Liene is so convincing, such a great model :heart:
Regarding Yasmin, I understand the negative comments... I wish she could be more expressive, but I love this story anyways, such a great atmosphere for her... Hope she will improve though, really hope so... She proved she can do good in Viviane Sassen story

It´s a good issue imo. You wouldn´t think so just by looking at the covers.

Absolutely! Even that Carly Jepsen story looks interesting, despite it featuring her.
Is Ali Michael the American Ali, who looked set to take the fashion world by storm years ago, but dissapeared into thin air? Love the first shot, but the Sanchez & Mongiello shoot is by far superior in many ways. I think maybe Sorrenti is just as guilty as Mel in this case, the poses and composition are very similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->