V Magazine #99 Spring Preview 2016 by Lady Gaga

Marc10

Staff member
Reaction score
Hedi Slimane by Karl Lagerfeld

Karl Lagerfeld by Hedi Slimane

vmagazine

V99: KARL LAGERFELD & HEDI SLIMANE FACE TO FACE

FOR V99, GUEST EDITOR LADY GAGA TAPPED HER FASHION GUARD TO COLLABORATE ON A HOST OF INTRIGUING COVERS, ROLLING OUT OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. FOR THE ISSUE'S DEBUT, TWO OF THE WORLD'S BIGGEST NAMES IN BOTH FASHION DESIGN AND PHOTOGRAPHY STEP INTO THE SAME FRAME FOR A REUNION TEN YEARS IN THE MAKING. AS GAGA TELLS IT: "FOR THIS ISSUE I WANTED NOTHING MORE THAN TO HAVE ONE STORY, JUST ONE, THAT MY CHILDREN AND THE FUTURE OF FASHION WOULD REMEMBER FOREVER." MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, G.

"Karl and I had not taken photographs together for more than 10 years. The last time I photographed him was on his property in Biarritz working at Dior Homme. We used to live one building apart on the Rive Gauche and, before I moved to California in 2008, we used to have really fun dinners all the time. I love Karl's wit, his sincerity and curiosity for emerging cultures, and his intuitive perception for what is about to happen." HEDI SLIMANE

"I met Hedi 20 years ago when he visited my studio. I liked him instantly, without knowing what he did. Then Stephen [Gan] asked me to photograph his clothes for Dior [Homme] backstage at his first show, for V. I saw that in order to wear his clothes, one had to be skinny, so I went on a diet. From then on I felt good in his clothes, as I do again today. Gaga had a good idea for us to photograph each other. In a way, not seeing each other for all those years felt like five minutes when we saw each other again. That happens with true friends. My photographic style of no style is very different from his. I loved the mood on the street that night. I like Hedi's mystery and that's what I had hoped to capture here." KARL LAGERFELD
vmagazine

Well, I love this. Can´t wait to see more :smile:

Who would have thought that Karl wears a cheap hairtie as the rest of us mortals...? :cool2:

Hedi doesn't want to face us. :mrgreen:
Karl is his usual iconic self, no surprise there.

I love this very much, Karl looks good. Tempted to buy both covers :wub:, Gaga you did good. Waiting to see the rest, there's also a Nick Knight editorial in this issue. Saw a bit of the livestream of the shoot on showstudio and the set looked great.

Hedi's cover looks cool. I like it. Meanwhile... Karl's look like a wax figure.

Stunning covers, Slimane has the best, he looks fresh.

Tbh that's the magic of Gaga. We expected she'd cover the issue and then she gives us this. Brava.

what a brilliant idea! love Hedi's cover, this is the first time in ages we've seen something decent from V. looking forward to seeing more.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to V's instagram there will be a total of 16 covers. Entering i-D territory here.

I don't like cover with Lady Gaga but all the rest is fantastic! Very classic and elegant.

What season is that Alexander McQueen in Gaga´s cover?

What is doing Gaga among these two icons? Karl looks gorgeous as always and Hedi's cover is cool. Loving his hair. I used to have it like that when I was a teenager. :lol:

Hedi trying to look like a nineteen-year-old-circa-2005-rocker is really obvious when you put him next to Karl Lagerfeld.

What season is that Alexander McQueen in Gaga´s cover?

perhaps a custom made jacket for daphne guinness?

Schermata_2016_01_04_alle_21_58_40.png

npr.org

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->