Valentino Haute Couture F/W 14.15 Paris

Deleted member 116819

Reaction score
1st Look :blush:
nv7388.png

nowfashion.com

This aesthetic of their's is really tired and predictable. It's the same collection, the same show, the same music, the same models...just the same.

^That's called easy cashing.
There were more than a couple of dresses that were imo no haute couture, just simple wrap dresses. Overall nice, but most of the time very simple (and thus too expensive) and just the same as always.

Im completely in love with Valentino HC:heart:, they have done a fantastic job taking over the house, so many looks I adore:blush:

I've accepted their tired silhouette and looked forward to their embellishments and embroidery but even that was lacking here, I liked the belts but it's much more suited for RTW, it's too simple.

Just when I thought they couldn't get any more boring, they did.

this is boring like everyone else said

their first few collections were fantastic but lately, it is so shape-less, horrible motifs, even the music is dull!

Their aesthetic is very dull and the same... but I do appreciate the new prints and their slight revealing of the skin on some looks...plus some sexy backs.
However, the first few looks are a snooze....-_-

this constant replay only works for Elie Saab, IMHO, cause those dresses are always gorgeous. The dowdy Valentino on rinse and repeat cycle just doesn't fly.

I actually loved this collection. That is odd because I have not been a fan of theirs at all! I think they are finally starting to find a place where their new aesthetic is starting to meet with the themes and ideas that Valentino created. That said I do have to agree with the previous statements that we have seen this before over and over they should play with different shapes more often. I enjoyed the transitioned from the very feminine Greek/Roman draping to this very English romantic post-Victorian Era style. I was shocked in the beginning to see dresses that actually showed a woman's figure like the red dress plunging neck and open back. That's not something we see from them, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of that. This is the first time I am looking at their work in about 2 years and I'm thinking I might keep looking. I just hope to see more.

I've usually been able to find a few things I like about their collections, but with this--nothing! I'm not a fan of a single look.

I can't believe that I liked every single look from this collection. This rarely happens! I loved the Greek Goddess inspiration; they translated it in a very beautiful way for the house. Many people may think this is boring but I disagree. Maria and Pierpaolo know exactly what is right for the brand and their work is truly masterful. Bravo!

Does anyone know the titles of the songs used in this show? I recognized Nyman's piece but I would really appreciate it if someone made a list or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some dresses are quite nice but this does not look like couture at all. It looks like their ready to wear line but saying that lately their ready to wear line dresses could pass for couture easily. I understand that the house of Valentino wants to have a fresher and young look but I wish they keep in the standards of Valentino and what couture is all about. I miss the heavy dress, the embroidery, the feminine look.

Hm... It's beautiful as always but I must say that I liked more previous HC collection. It's not so spectacular as before. It's simple and I love simple dresses in this collection. Chiffon dresses are beautiful too,but it's nothing new for me. Althought, I love Valentino collections as always. :smile:

I thought this was an excellent collection and a perfect reflection on what 21st century couture should look like. I thoroughly loved how subtle and quiet the tone of the collection is compared to most of couture week. Their was a real sensuality to the clothes, which however never affected the pure elegance of the clothes. There also seemed to be a wide range of cuts to suite women of all ages and the cuts looked like the really fitted to all the model's bodies, some of the dresses moved in such breathtaking fashion! Finally it was the only show that has given me goosebumps when I watched the show, well done!

A few of the looks reminded me of the latest Givenchy collection:huh:. Very boring and predictable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honorata
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->