Valentino S/S 2010 : Dree Hemingway by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Surprisingly I really like this. I'm not a fan of Dree, but she certainly looks good here.
The pink wash hair looks good and adds a bit of edge to the image. M&M have done wonders. :heart:

It's gorgeous....the brooding, sensual, dark catches the mood from the VI covers of last season.

The pink hair is an added bonus. :heart:
ohh..you said it so well..this is a really gorgeous ad,
i lovelovelove the pink hair!
simply WoW :wub:

Last season's with Iris was quite dark also but her strong face and the colourful garments shone thorugh whereas here it's just dddaaaarrrrk.
Not a huge fan of Dree either who I think has very little presence but still wanna see more.
You're right. Iris' ad was more than dark.
For me this is nothing special. If i don't know the model's name i can't tell it's Dree.
As all of the comments mentioned, her hair is fairy and there's a lot of pink ruffles but i miss the mood. It's just posing without showing emotions.

Pink hair :huh:??!? That doesn't look bad even if i don't get this girl, need to see it in print to juge...

I just stucked the two scans of surreal7:

I'm definitely loving this than Iris'
The pink hair really works here.

I adore it! Love Dree, Love M&M! Thanks for scanning

Love the lighting. Because then I don't have Dree's bones in my face. :sick:

Why so dark? You can't even see her face, or anything else for that matter. Hard to tell whether it's any good.

I agree. Btw, someone always finds the perfect words before me, so that`s with so many quotes on campaign threads.

But there is something fascinating, it`s just annoying when you can`t take a closer look because of the darkness.

Not sure about this:unsure: Could have potential and need to see more.
Last season's with Iris was quite dark also but her strong face and the colourful garments shone thorugh whereas here it's just dddaaaarrrrk.
Not a huge fan of Dree either who I think has very little presence but still wanna see more.

I agree with everything you said.

I know I can't judge by only one shot, but so far the last season was much better executed, I loved it's darkness, but here it's too heavy, you can barely see anything.

Not sure about this one. I mean, yeah it looks good but it's too dark for a Spring campaign. And why on earth is Dree sporting a pink hair??!!?? :lol::D Because it kinda' ruins the campaign a 'bit. Thanks for the scan surrealseven! :flower:

berk i hate it ! it's so borring, nothing new, it's always the same with that brand

I actually kind of like this. It's a little dark as said before, especially for a summer collection.

I'd like to see those shoes in their own spotlight though, that would be great!

i love that this is a whole new era for the valentino brand but the intense darkness seen here takes away from the clothes.

this is the power of a good ad campaign. while i had doubts when seeing this stuff on the catwalk, this campaign has created a mood that really makes me eager to see what this design team will do to continue to move valentino forward. also, there's something vampiric here....

What has in common this bigheaded and such a venerable firm as Valentino? I wish the master to return to his fashion house, since he's gone, everything it's too confusing.:unsure:

^i respect that they're finally trying to move this house forward however. the new valentino girl may have something more in common with the gucci girl than she does the herrera girl.

^i respect that they're finally trying to move this house forward however. the new valentino girl may have something more in common with the gucci girl than she does the herrera girl.

The whole point of the Valentino brand is romanticism. Garavani did it in a more conservative fashion. Chiuri and Piccioli interpet the brand as a darker, more sensual version. Sure, the dresses may be shorter and edgier (and the mood, darker) but there is still something sensual and romantic about it.

But seriously, could they tone down on the darkening effect? It took me 5 minutes to find Dree's legs.

God, it's just one single pic (and you cannot even see that much of the model) but I already want to have the old campaign back...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->