Vanity Fair September 2017 : Angelina Jolie by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

I love the styling and color scheme but the expression in her eyes is kinda off. I can´t wait to read the interview :shifty:

Things became difficult. No, you are the difficult one.

Moody Angelina. Always so put upon.

No, thank you.

Angelia Jolie Solo
Photographers:
Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
Stylist: Jessica Diehl
Star: Angelia Jolie

vanityfair.com

Lighting is odd. Also, can't recall the last time I was more excited for the article than the actual cover.

Nice cover! She looks great! But I support "Team BRAD"!! ;-}

A very striking cover image of Angelina Jolie, which Vanity Fair unfortunately had to ruin with their questionable layout and font choices. The 'Angie' didn't have to be overlapped on the masthead like that, and the overall design of the cover could've certainly been better. For Mert & Marcus' standards this feels relatively tame too (major ugh at Mert putting himself in the seventh shot). Angelina's extremely photogenic and looks wonderful here, but the shoot doesn't feel coherent whatsoever (I do, however, just LOVE how rich and vibrant those colours are in the cover).

For me, the eighth and final editorial images are the standouts. Thanks for sharing, Melancholybaby! :heart:

This must be - what - at least her sixth Vanity Fair cover?

Is that Mert or Marcus as the astronaut?

^ It sure is, barf!!

This is possibly the worst cover of Angelina I have ever seen!! WTH is that face expression? Mouth is off too here, how can you mess up such a beauty is beyond me. Still the interview will be worth a read, and i would still rather have her than J.Law on Vogue. I also bet Jolie will sell better!

I cannot wait to get this... the cover is beautiful!

the cover is good but the eyes look so fake
the editorial look good but i feel in all photos she look to much a badass woman

It all looks a bit amateur but I'll take an Angelina Jolie cover over all the other overexposed actresses any day. I agree that the lighting is the biggest offender here, it's so harsh in half of the images.

The editorial is good but the cover has been done before and somethings off, something about the eyes...

It feels a bit festive to me.

Its Angelina, they have her first interview. Why ruin the cover with all this words. This will sell.

:heart:

I think the cover is stunning. About the ed, my favorite shots are the black and white.

[

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->