Vanity Fair September 2017 : Angelina Jolie by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

It's a good cover and I'm sure it'll stand out in newsstand but they photoshopped her face too much...

Angelina look stunning and all that but good lord the airbrushing is legendary.

Did you read it?

The tension between the two Angelina's.

I hope she'll be OK.

I can't stand the deliberate artifice of the photos.
The weird 'Paint Shop Pro' lipstick the inner eyelid... whatever that is?!
and the strange texture of her skin, like she has goose bumps under her eye brows.
No Thanks.

I love everything about this, except whatever they did to her eyes on the cover.
Can't wait to read the interview. Team Angelina forever.:heart:

I think she looks great on the cover, but there's way too much artifice going on here. This would've been perfect during her Maleficent phase. How is it that M&M's work nowadays looks like a bad copy of what they've done years ago? The lighting is awful, retouching is clearly way overboard, and injecting themselves into the story is so nauseating.

Despite what I think, this will sell well. Not only do you have her, but also the tabloidy coverline.

Things became difficult. No, you are the difficult one.

Moody Angelina. Always so put upon.

No, thank you.

My fist thoughts exactly! I actually find this a bit beneath her, perhaps a bit classless to some extent, and definitely spiteful. She had to sell her story to the most talked about magazine, and to their most important of the year. What a way to guarantee exposure. I'm Team Brad on this one, sorry. Regardless of what went down, the way he sold his story was masterful and should be inducted in the PR Hall of Fame. It wasn't the most important issue of a well distributed magazine, though I will add his scoop probably sent GQ Style into 2nd or 3rd print. I've never been a fan of hers despite the fact that we're both Geminis. Can't say I'm surprised to see her spill the beans for VF, she's tight with Graydon Carter after all, but so was Brad.

It's such a weird decade we're in now. Tom Cruise, Johnny and Brad all spectacularly fell from grace with really nobody to take their spots. Luckily there's still George Clooney......

Last edited by a moderator:
This is stunning. I'm not an Angela Jolie fan but she has charisma here.

she said in her interview that she was diagnosed with Bell’s palsy – a type of facial paralysis which restricts control of facial muscles so maybe that explains some weird expression

What's going on with TFS lately? I feel like the forums are way less visited than before. I've been coming here for over a decade and I feel like in years past this thread would have had much more traffic.

This is my favourite place on the internet - I hope it isn't waning in popularity.

Aaanyway, I digress.

This cover and editorial are fantastic, in my opinion. Angelina is always a fascinating cover subject - truly one of the most captivating of any of our Stars. Excited to read the article.

This is truly stunning :heart:
Angie is one of the few celebrities who can do absolutely no wrong in my eyes. She always delivers and is one of the most interesting people out there.
LOL at Mert though :lol:

What's going on with TFS lately? I feel like the forums are way less visited than before. I've been coming here for over a decade and I feel like in years past this thread would have had much more traffic.

Yeah- I have noticed this for quite some time new. Pretty sad.

I think the cover is beautiful and I bet it will look stunning in print. I quite like the inside shoot too; it's not M&M's best work, it's them on auto-pilot but I still like it.

I didn't consider Angelina when thinking about who might be on September covers, but it makes sense now that she's shown up on Vanity Fair. How many covers has she done for them now? It feels like a lot but it also feels like an event every time she appears, probably because she's not shoved down our throats on different covers month after month.

I suppose people will naturally move on to whatever's new on the social media front.

But a compounding factor is that a lot of those places do not prove the opportunity for anyone to practice the art of debate on the internet. People get more validation (and money) from posting their photos, not from typing their thoughts, unless those thoughts can fit into in 140 characters or less.

So I feel there isn't the same general mindset anymore for people to put the effort into certain sorts of responses. Writing any long-form thought takes too much effort for too little reward.

And magazines aren't what they were.

I'm perfectly fine with compromises for commercial purposes, because a business needs to be profitable. Capturing the attention of readers and making them really want something IS a skill.

But it seems like some of the people editing magazines don't believe in what they're doing anymore, and that gets reflected on every page.

A factor is that a lot of active members were banned a while ago because of the copyrights issue. Others went to other forums with less restrictions about what you can and can´t discuss.

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f4...bout-threads-photos-being-removed-261619.html

But a compounding factor is that a lot of those places do not prove the opportunity for anyone to practice the art of debate on the internet. People get more validation (and money) from posting their photos, not from typing their thoughts, unless those thoughts can fit into in 140 characters or less..
this... there isn't much to see or talk about to begin with and the little that has potential to be discussed extensively, especially in this particular section, gets immediately shut down as off-topic since it's not related to the cover.. kind of finishes with the little interest that long-time contributors may have left.. slow time should be a time to relax on pedantic patrolling, not to reinforce it as if you were in the middle of chaos.

And of course, in addition to that, there's just the generally dull content that's just not engaging at all.. I feel like even in real life it's so boring to talk about fashion.

Are this people disconnected from reality?:shock:

OMG!! :shock: I've seen headline elsewhere but didn't bother to click on it, so this is what it is all about then?? I cannot even begin to rationalise his in any form! Way too disgusting.

According to the article, Jolie looked in “orphanages, circuses and slum schools” for children “who had experienced hardship” to audition for the role of Loung Ung, from whose memoir the film is adapted.

WTF! For Angelina Jolie, so-called Mother Theresa of Hollywood to exploit the hardship of innocents in order to further her acclaim like this?? No wonder she's suffering one personal setback after another. There'll be more in store for her. Karma never forgets!

I hope Angie will, at the very least, adopt her after wrapping.

I'm afraid that won't wash, Gazebo. What about the ones who didn't make the cut? She'll adopt them as well? It's just as messed up for them as well, surely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->