Versace ‘Icons’ F/W 2024.25 : Anne Hathaway & Cillian Murphy by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

When you party all night and stay up for your photo shoot at 9AM.

season2-episode4-inside_orig.jpg

Yeah that hair on Anne is... inexplicable. And Cillian looks as excited as he is for doing press.

In their insta post, the second last one, if you scroll between the two images of Cillian, then you can clearly see it was the same face copypasted onto two different body shots.
They couldn't produce another good shot in the studio setting or what?

Something about Anne's expression. This whole thing feels flat.
Goes to show that most celebs do not know what to do if they are not given direction.

Anne has never looked good in a fashion photo. Her features just don't work well for the medium. Just as some models who look great in photos look meh on film.

I am far more onboard with this, as opposed to the Fall 2024 campaign, which was a complete flop. This feels far more Versace in comparison. Obviously very reminiscent of the Richard Avedon Versace campaigns but I'm not complaining. That shot of Anne Hathaway in the chainmail dress is heavenly!

There's a new photo of Anne "running" and making a somewhat forced expression... The problem for me is that neither of them reflects the brand, there are other celebrities who would express more what it's like to be the face of Versace.

Anne is too cute for the sexy woman that Versace has always represented and Cillian is too blasé for the virile man that Versace has always portrayed in his campaigns, even more so in the days of Richard Avedon, which is what Mert & Marcus has been trying to reproduce in these campaigns.

Mert , I don't think Anne ordered a new face for that shoot, I barely recognized her on this image you went out of control

• Angry
Reactions: KoV
I think if Anne is going to be the face of Versace, it needs to be more cinematic theme wise so that she can be “made” into a Versace woman and character.

This does not work at all. I ran to check the after I saw that image of her running on Instagram

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zephyr Deng
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->