Versace F/W 11.12 Milan

Only the last few look is nice....but the rest is just horribly wrong!

oooooooooooooooooooh, my WOOORD! this is such an incredibly thoughtful interpretation of all iconic elements of the versace label. so modern & very chic, simple & still complex in it's use of pattern & selective textile. a beautiful collection. im super, super, super impressed. i love that it takes something so closely associated with the label & pushes the creative boundary, only to create a simplified version of what gianni made iconic in the 90's. beautifully done *standing ovation*

Theres something very william morris about quite alot of the looks . I love the feathers they with go very nicely with D&G's feathers this season :flower:

It's an ok collection. Definitely not her best. I do love the purple and black dresses and coats.

I love that it's so recognizable as the "new" (last few seasons) Versace but still fresh!

This was an object lesson in how lighting conditions and format of viewing can alter perception. Because I viewed the livestream quite favourably but on now viewing the more vividly lit Now Fashion stills in this thread the collection looks like a goddam awful disaster.

At first blush the conclusion was that Versace has never been closer to Prada in it's positioning.

Donatella's daywear has an unmistakable nod in the direction of Prada SS11'S theme of minimal baroque. And how similar the themes present in both houses AW11/12 offerings - from the 60's influences in the military coats to the oversized buttons; from the playing with scale to the use of snakeskin and longhaired fur; in the tunics, peeptoe boots, kilting and contrast sleeves.

I know there's PremierVision and other forward trend projection sources and the general zeitgeist but I don't think Donatella and Miucca are buds like say Messrs Wang and Altuzarra and there's just something all too Pradalike about the subject matter and feel of this collection not to think there might be an element of industrial espionage afoot.

The problem for Donatella though: Miucca does Prada like nobody else can. Donatella just can't do Prada and should stick to doing Versace.

At first I quite liked the big outsized leaf motifs and the way they morphed later into snakes spiralling over the pieces. There were for sure a lot of 'earth' references.

But, and it's an enormous but, particularly with more light thrown at them and viewed in the form of a still (I viewed the livestream footage again and there was decidely lower levels of light present there) , Donatella's daywear just doesn't bare a second prolonged look. The pieces with the flora or snakeskin motifs are ultimatelty an offence to the eye - clumsy, awkward, nauseating, utterly devoid of aesthetic value.

So for anyone brave (or stupid) enough to wear Versace's stab at minimal baroque daywear - stay out of the light, keep moving and make sure you're only seen once. Better still - just wear Prada.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that it isn't as in your face sexual as I usually associate with Versace. But it does seem a bit boring. There are some beautiful coats here and I like the metal belts around them. I don't like the purple looks.

The coats are obviously fantastic but the Appliqué Dresses just Don't seem to work here. It's as if they just slapped on those swirls and snakes just for decoration. Without the Appliqué they would have been so much better. The final gowns make up for it though.

And just when you think the Summer 2011 was the worst collection of Versace...came this complete crap!
OMG!
This is HORRIBLE, in all aspects: colors, prints, materials, construction, shapes, bags, shoes, all looks cheap, i think with that Pre Fall this could be good, but it's just a want to comeback to the '90, it's so bad, please Donatella, just...go from Versace.

Accessories! (style.com)

00050m.jpg
00090m.jpg

00140m.jpg
00160m.jpg

00250m.jpg
00310m.jpg

00370m.jpg
00440m.jpg

00510m.jpg
00720m.jpg

00730m.jpg
00830m.jpg

The accessories are awesome.
But i´ve to agree with Squizree the first part of the collection is a bit boring, even though i still like the details on the dresses and the accessories.
But the last evening section makes the whole collection much more beautiful.
The gowns safe it.

why does practically everything versace puts out look soo freaking flawless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->