Versace F/W 11.12 Milan

What the hell? This looks nothing like Versace. The colours are exciting, but the cuts are something I'd expect from New York. I hope this gets better.

Some of the prints are almost identical to some of the prints from Gianni's fall 91 collection. And that's not a compliment. Donatella's collections have gone from full-fledged thigh-high-slit mode season after season, to full-fledged literal vintage references mode.
Ridiculous.

that purple/sea green blue/sea green color combo is something that needs to be locked away in a vault and never be seen again. The python was used in a unique way. Is the white jacket with the fur on the sleeves a reference piece from the archives? or is that new?

ps. Sigrid's outfit is suppose to be a homage to Prada's spring dress? lolz

I love the feathered dresses a la Giambattista Valli the most! Although I felt a bit of Emilio Pucci and Roberto Cavalli in some pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those applique shapes just look so cheap and naive. Awful.

The feather dresses towards the end are some of the nicest gowns I've seen Donatella do recently however.

Its very similar to Spring 2011 in terms of silhouette and clean lines, but something here feels "off" to me. I don't know if its the poor selection of prints or the colour palette, but something just doesn't feel right in this collection.

Some of the coats and the gowns at the end were beautiful, but nonetheless, this was very mediocre considering her past collections. Also, is it just me, or is this missing some of that Versace glamour? :unsure:

Thanks for the links. The show is just so dull and boring. You can always count on Donatella for some exciting cuts, but this simply does not look like Versace at all. I don't find those pieces sexy or glamorous at all, apart from the one blue gown.

It gets a thumbs up from me but it is a few notches below SS 2011.

I only like the two black and white printed outfits. The rest i really don't like.. it's nothing special, and i don't like the shape of the dresses. Dosen't do anything good to the body.
I wish that bold print was used different, it could be really nice!

Thanks for the links. The show is just so dull and boring. You can always count on Donatella for some exciting cuts, but this simply does not look like Versace at all. I don't find those pieces sexy or glamorous at all, apart from the one blue gown.

Respectfully, I must say I feel quite the opposite. I felt this collection had an undeniable continuity with recent Versace collections. The cuts are clean and rather resemble those seen previously. Sexy, sleek and chic. What Versace is all about.

The floral motifs are hideous and tacky. The feathered dresses and last 4 looks are the only looks that are remotely interesting. Everything else is forgettable and lack the Versace glamor like others have said.

The was some stuff that made me elated but the rest was a huge "WTF's Goin On HERE???"
This collection needs some time to digest, as of now i really don't like it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->