Prada Mens F/W 13.14 Milan

Definitely a GREAT collection, all around. Styling, shoes, venue, soundtrack, colors, etc.

Although, it's definitely not what I was expecting, or anticipating.

With last Fall....she played heavily on patterned sport-coats and toyed with curly-lamb fur. The collection felt a lot more regal or aristocratic.

In this collection, the spiffy-dressed aristocrat is gone.

I DO love this show....and the overall theme to the collection seems to be......deliberately frumpy.

Hence, the shirt collars inside the knitwear partially spilling out....the unkempt and unpolished look to the hair.

The coats with the colored collars remind me of a short version of a Chesterfield long coat....I wonder if the material on the collar is velvet??

I LOVE the trousers and the SHOES!!!! A bit cropped and deliberately high-watered. The proportion of the pants and the length makes the shoes look more heavy, and more clunky. It's a very anchored and strong look....almost like Frankenstein with his cropped pants and heavy boots. If the pants were cut wider and longer, the shoes would look so heavy, and weighed down.

The setting is brilliant. It looks very "home is suburbia"....or more of a "common, everyday-people" theme.

The collection looks considerably sloppy, but I know it's intentional. Kinda like throwing just anything on....with no worries as far as proportion or trying to look "dressed up." Such as the buckling of the knitwear under the "deliberately too short" jackets....the collars popping out.

Sorta reminds me of a man who's in a rush, pressed for time, and trying not to be late for work....LOL!!

I just saw the detailed, up-close pics of the collection.

NOW, I love it even MORE!!

The shoes have a step-ladder sole.....OMG!!

Most of you are probably too young to remember the style of those shoes from the 1980's. I loved them then, and it great too see them (again) now!!

Lots of checks and gingham prints in this collection. I'm growing a bit tired of seeing plaid shirts.....but in this instance, they're done right.

I prefer brocades, paisley, and very busy patterns over plaid. To me, plaid is a bit too common, expected, main-stream. Plaid is kinda like an easy, cliche' alternative to something that's striped or solid.......but that just my opinion, and personal taste speaking.

It looks a bit odd seeing shoes with no sock for a Winter/Fall collection.....but keep in mind...Prada is an Italian company, within an Italian-weather climate. As far south and as warm as Italy is, socks with shoes are unnecessary. Italian men have been wearing shoes with no socks, for decades.

I don't care what the backstory to this collection is- this is ugly. I hate to bring up the tired argument . . . but if this were not Prada people would dismiss this faster than Lindsay Lohan.

Disappointed and underwhelmed.

Oh, I'd wear this in a heartbeat. It's so simple, yet there's something about it that's so intriguing. The collared shirts, the simple sweaters, the easy coats, the nice pants, the sturdy shoes...I'd wear it all. Absolutely chic and the best of Milan, imo.

I loved everything, the clothes, styling, casting, and presentation. I enjoyed it much better than some other recent seasons.

I like the fact that they went to something casual which is wearable and intriguing. The colors are beautiful I just love everything.

Please don't let the half collar become a trend.
*crossing fingers*

11313PRA0258_web.jpg

The Sartorialist

Fantastic collection in my opinion. I'd wear it all. I love the Balenciaga cocoon- esque coats and jackets, the leather jackets, the knits, the shirts, all the trousers, great colours. It's just really my style I feel. :smile: haha

The set was more interesting than the clothes. This was such a boring show, full of repetitiveness and "Prada-isms" that we have seen many times before (as someone mentioned Fall 2010 for example).

Not impressed with Miuccia's collections the last few seasons. I get the sense that the label is trying too hard to be subversive and new; and therefore losing its appeal. Her past shows throughout 2005-2010 were much more stimulating both mentally and aesthetically. Fingers crossed the womenswear will be more exciting that this...

Artsy fartsy Miuccia Prada strikes again. If I want "normal" clothes, I go to Zara. Why would I pay 500 euros for a tshirt I can buy 20 at H&M ?

This collection is weak, boring, dated and I can not even say ugly, because there is no research at all in the cut, fabrics. It's not luxurious, not funny, not dark, it's just NOTHING. Of course, the usual gimmick is there with those awful brogues worn with cropped trousers.

I like the idea of creating an "IDEAL" wardrobe; but there is nothing ideal in it. It's another fahsion joke people will admire just because the fashion tag has P,R,A,D,A written on it

Another great collection from Muicca! I loved everything. I was a little bit sceptical at first but after watching the videos and seeing the pictures over and over again, I can hardly fault it. I totally "get" her message here. My personal favourites are those cocoon shaped jackets and the shoes. They are mouth watering! And I am also very fond of the colours. The collection does however remind me of F/W 2010 and YSL F/W 2011.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->