Versace Mens F/W 10.11 Milan

Someone PLEASE get the video for this show. Im gonna start planning on breaking in the Versace store :buzz:

^ I second! I hope they'll sell those shades in stores, I need to get a couple of pairs!

Is it too early to start getting an idea on what the campaign would look like?

With Mario Testino as photographer you cannot expect anything as interesting and cool as the runway show... :rolleyes:

Ok we're getting too ahead of ourselves. I want Testino fired ^_^

I wonder how those stunning leather pants will work on normal people's legs :lol:

^This is what I was thinking. Leather pants are ridiculously difficult to pull off, especially when I'm super thin :(

Well I don't think I will take leather pants,but I definitely wanna get the final leather coat on Sean,it's to die for :wub:

I'm still recovering from the boots and the sunglasses. The glasses are so......robotic :wub:

I think the glasses are not that easy to pull off,they can give you a silly "Robocop" vibe if don't wear them properly...

Fabulous collection. The best mens collection from Versace I have seen for a while. I can't even remember when was the last time I paid any attention to Versace mens runway show, it was so negligible. Did Donatella really do the design work for this collection, or even was responsible for the major concept? I seriously doubt it. It really doesn't look like something she's capable of when it comes to mens fashion.

Amazing! I'm actually liking Versace! Donatella is doing something different... :ninja:

I can already tell Im gonna love the music :wub: I swear I cant stop looking at how magnetic those clothes are.

you can see balenciaga in everything
That's what I was just about to post. :lol:

I really like this, especially the pants. I'm pretty much into Versace lately, I loved womens SS10, even though I can't actually remember much of the mens. :ninja:

Fabulous collection. The best mens collection from Versace I have seen for a while. I can't even remember when was the last time I paid any attention to Versace mens runway show, it was so negligible. Did Donatella really do the design work for this collection, or even was responsible for the major concept? I seriously doubt it. It really doesn't look like something she's capable of when it comes to mens fashion.
Actually, this bears a bit of a resemblance to some of her earliest collections, pre-2000. Her stuff then was very hard, very cold, and kind of futuristic. And her Versus line was always very tough and graphic. So while she's not the head designer for menswear, there is something very Donatella about this.

I'm honestly loving this, if only because it's so unexpected, so brash and in your face. Say what you will about Donatella as a person and as a designer, but when she decides to make a change she goes full tilt. This is easily the coolest, most relevant and most interesting Versace mens collection in a long time. It kind of reminds me of her F/W 2000 Fight Club collection.

That was my first though when I first saw the collection. Donatella's Versus collection seem to resonate with this. Her Versus collections (Men's and Women's) are very cybernetic.

vrs008.jpg
vrs019.jpg

100098570.jpg
100098584.jpg

vogue, style

Probably not the best examples, but like Spike said, pre-2000 is when this trend seemed to be the heaviest and most favoured with Donatella.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->