Gucci Mens F/W 10.11 Milan

I really like the burgundy coloured stuff, like the jackets and trousers. And this kind of crocodile effect navy blazer...but it's very all over the place to me. And I don't like the knits.

What the hell, this is probably the safest Gucci collection I've seen from Frida. I like the collection but it's overall boring. Slap me, but i prefer her previous collections. They, at least, were eye catching.

I don't see why people are so in love with this. This looks like Playboy, with all seriousness. I've seen these pieces in hundreds of other stores that aren't designer. So forgettable.

This stuff is gonna sell like crazy.

What bothers me about this collection is, that is has zero direction. There are too many ideas but none are developed to the point of being interesting. We've seen every one of those looks previously at Gucci, the sweaters, the metallic fabrics, the cropped white pants, the loafers etc.

That being said, this isn't necessarily a bad collection; its just a redundant collection. I don't even know they bothered to have a show, if they had nothing new to present?

^ well said. and i have to agree, even though i don't precisely love or
loathe the collection, and this is all due to the fact that there's absolutely
nothing new here. they made every piece of clothing imaginable in this
collection; suits, jackets, coats, scarves and sweaters, and while some
pieces do stand out, it's still wholly unremarkable. but well Gucci won't
have any problems with that i suppose, they can have their models prance
around in ponchos and it still would sell like hotcakes. but the lack of
inspiration in this one is just very obvious.

I love the sweaters, especially the one Mathias is wearing! The styling is very Frida, I can't say I'm fond of it, but it was expected. I'm not a fan of the colors, myself, but they seen cool.

I like it simply for the fact that I can see myself wearing quite a bit of this, especially the looks from the first half...in particular the sweaters and cropped pants. And I love the opening look.

But as a collection, and a show...as fashion...it's just so boring. Zara is going to have another heyday. Frida keeps them in business, without a doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will admit that this collection is certainly beautiful, also very classic. The Gucci-loafers are a classic, old-school, staple. All the pieces are very wearable, as well.

What I don't like about this collection (or a handfull of other Italian designers)..is....this collection looks like it could belong to Salvatore Freeagamo, Ermenigildo Zegna, Fendi, perhaps even Missoni in consideration of the heavy knits. All of the aforementioned designers (including Gucci) are beautiful in their own-right....but they're fashion sensibility seems to be simply a one-note, accross the board.

I like it. For the first time she didn't go right for the most banal cliche and then force it down our throats, and I appreciate that. Nor did she completely over-style and over-design this using every possible bead, sequin, stud, chain and accessory that Gucci has at their disposal on every available surface. There's an honesty to this that I find refreshing coming from her. It's not trying to be more than it is. As much as she wants to believe it, or wants us to believe it, her Gucci guy isn't really a rock star type. There's nothing that's actually cool about him, nothing dangerous or sexy. He's kind of the PG-13 version of Tom Ford's late 90s-early 00s Gucci man, a wannabe. So I'm kind of happy to see something that's just about the product, because ever since Frida took over that's exactly what Gucci has been about. She's better off not trying to make her collections seem more directional or more meaningful than they are, because she's simply not a fashion messiah like her predecessor was. Not many designers are.

Anyway, I'm truly lusting after that leopard blazer. It's probably the coolest thing she's done in her four years at the helm. The two astrakhan jackets at the end are pretty drop-dead as well.

Her styling for men has been horrible season after season. It makes bad clothing even worse.

So the new boy got a black eye and they had to make all the models look like death as well? Who went crazy with the shading?

I don't see why people are so in love with this. This looks like Playboy, with all seriousness. I've seen these pieces in hundreds of other stores that aren't designer. So forgettable.

This stuff is gonna sell like crazy.

Exactly. The first time I saw this collection, I said "same old, same old" but I waited until all photos were uploaded before I passed judgment, and it was exactly as I thought it would be. Same Old.

A nice bunch of ugliness. So bland, so not exciting

well im soo bored of this womans idiotic asthetics and her half *** attempt of injecting Fordism in this collection. The pants are horrid , and the blazers dont stand out when you have other designers putting out better clothes .

i'm not going to say it's ugly, and i'm not going to say i miss tom ford. i think i may be getting used to this (very unfortunate) new gucci.
the think is i'd SWEAR all these pictures are from a 2-3 year old show! i swear! i've seen all of it before!!! (maybe not the leopard, but i couldnt be 100% sure either)
how bland seriously!

some interesting fabrics there. I like the burgundy blazer's shine and crumple feeling.
like the beige suede(?) shirts' fitting and cut.
it's not very amazing, but fabulous. I want something from it.LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->