Versace Pre-Fall 2011

Eww. I'm all for revisiting Gianni's work but I think the one thing that can be left in the past are those baroque prints that were everywhere in the 80s and 90s.

I swear if Donatella blows it now after an exceptional spring collection I'm going to be crushed.

this is the pure rock-glam of Donatella.
Modern fresh but deep inside the maison aesthetic.
Colors, prints (look at the print of versace fall 2004 -woman and versace ss 2005 man!) and prints again.
the second look is amazing...rich&rock B)

i think cruise and prefall experiment with the past and create a link with the history of the maison
ss and fall are something different with a more contemporary mood

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Probably because it's not Donatella. This looks like it has Christopher Kane written all over it. But I like it, personally. It's something different.

yea i see what your saying, the prints seem to have that english whimsy

well, this is really not bad. especially the first look - jacket looks awesome

^ Probably because it's not Donatella. This looks like it has Christopher Kane written all over it. But I like it, personally. It's something different.

True! He has been making his presence very known with 'Versace' lately.

I still can't figure out if I like these looks or not...

Last edited by a moderator:
its really cool to look at fabric and color forecast for
the upcoming seasons actually come to life. This is gorgeous so far

This is just too much even by Versace standards. All those trippy rings on boots, coats etc.:blink: The whole thing is all over the place. No, not a fan.
Wish they hadn't bothered with Pre-fall at all.

WOOOOOOOW. I love it, i´m sorry this is something i really missed about Versace, some trashy sexiness, richness, everything Gianni get famous. The gowns are spectacular.

Leopard print at Versace...that's kinda random. I really like the footwear, those boots are naughty! B)
But the collection as a whole is just too random. Kane definitely had a hand in this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qqqq0102
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->