Versace S/S 2015 : Madonna by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

I'm actually glad we're seeing a very plain version of Madonna, a powerful woman who IMO is often too much in people's faces, instead of getting her bare breasts and oversexualized images. I don't care much about the collection or her, but it is quite a nice campaign.

They should stop using Madonna for campaigns. The amount of photoshop editing retouchers have to do in order to make her looks the way she likes is ridiculous. B/W is the only choice to make the task easier, full color would have ended up as a photoshop disaster.

I don't get how people's comments bashing others about wanting younger models varies from saying she looks amazing given that she was photoshopped back into the 90s (aka when she was younger). Its a little contradictory because she in no way looks her age at all.

I really need Meisel back with Versace asap.

These are such fantastic images of her. Perfect match, and cool to see her back for the third campaign. She has such presence, but still manages to sell clothes, true Fashion Icon.

If it wasn't credit i would think its shot by I&V though, she is recognizable, and there is this energy that sometimes M&M eliminate. Well done to all of them, excited to see the rest.

Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott are quintessential Versace. All of their photographs ooze a powerful, strong and sensual woman which is what I'd associate Versace with. Yet as much as I admire M&M's work, I've never truly found any of their campaigns to be.. spot-on. They've either recreated a past Versace campaign or missed the mark for me. Don't get me wrong, I have loved what they've done (a far better job than what Mario Testino could ever do) but I always feel as though I'm left wanting something extra and sadly, Madonna isn't something extra.

I'm actually really liking Madonna fronting this campaign. It's a great collection, I love B&W (although this collection deserved to be in color) and although I no longer see Madonna as a front runner with regards to creativity and bringing something totally new to the table, she still is and will always be Madonn the icon.

The more I see this campaign, the more I love it. Can't wait to see the rest of the series.

I think the reason people bring up the age issue with Madonna is because it seems like she refuses to acknowledge her own age and acts inappropriately for her age(based on society standards). To some people she is still trying to desperately hold on to her youth and what made her popular, and people are just annoyed by that. If it was an older model like say eva Herzigova or Naomi Campbell, age would be much less of an issue because the general consensus here is that those girls still rock and seem to act more their age as opposed to Madonna(and most fashion people usually prefer models over celebrities fronting campaigns so that may also play a role). This collection also had a very youth centric vibe so it's odd for them to cast someone older.
Personally, I'm just glad they didn't use that annoying blue filter AGAIN, but it would've been nicer in color.

Totally agree with you... It's amazing how people like to criticize! A great campaign!
It's strange to read so many comments criticizing Madonna's age? Especially with "feminism" being THE buzzword of 2014. It's actually kind of disturbing to me how many people would rather see some 16-year-old front the campaign.

I think these images are GORGEOUS and it's probably one of her best career moves in the last 5 or so years. Listen - I'm a huge Madonna fan, and will also readily admit that while her most recent work is a guilty pleasure for me, it most definitely is not up to par with her groundbreaking work of the 90's and early-mid 00's. This campaign feels so truly sexy, extremely luxurious and she looks every bit the power house that she is. I wish that these were the type of images she would use for her albums and promotional artwork instead of the bare-legged dominatrix decked out in studs Madonna we've been getting for the last 5 years.

However, it is fascinating how intensely divisive Madonna still is. I love that about her. She does exactly as she pleases - to many's dismay - and yet she is still the most successful recording artist of all time and continues to find unparalleled, record-breaking success in her career, 30+ years into it. It's incredible. Do I love everything she does? No. But do I love her for doing exactly what she wants? Absolutely. In a world where everyone desperately tries to be as appealing to the lowest common denominator as possible, I love that Madonna is unapologetically #unapologetic.

The campaign was styled by my dear Jacob Kjeldgaard!

I miss the old logo so much. This logo is so common looking. And they brought back the Medusa recently so I would like to see it here as well.

i hope the unedited photos get leaked because im dying to see them! l:lol:

FYI, Donatella said, that to Madonna's request, the photoshopping in this campaign has been minimal. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->