Versace S/S 2018 by Steven Meisel

....because she is the daughter of a former fashion icon, because the fashion industry glorifies youth and nepotism, because the amount of followers nowadays determine how many jobs you'll book.

Honestly, Kaia Gerber is no different than Kendall and Gigi.

But nepotism is not a bad thing...When you have something to bring to the table.
IMO she is closer to Kendall than Gigi. Remember that before Carine noticed her, Gigi wasn't really known. Personally, i didn't know who she was, her father's job or her mother's reality tv. The Hadid became known as models first and then, everything behind helped them to build that celebrity.

Kendall was a celebrity and her family used her celebrity to push her as a model.
Kaia is a daughter of an icon but coming from that world, i can't even say she is using her celebrity because the fashion world has always been part of her life.

What sets Kaia apart is that she is willing to do the job and has that something that a girl like Lottie Moss doesn't have.

Nepotism is sometimes good. Thanks to that we have people who did wonderful things.

Speaking of nepotism, Kendall's celebrity doesn't actually help her in the high fashion world. The reality is that brands prefers to be associated with the Hadid and Gerber who are cooler than with Jenner. Even if she is doing great, walking some cool shows and doing a lot of commercial work, high fashion is very difficult for her.

Who is the girl in #93 between Fernanda and Linda V?

I just see from left to right: Raquel Zimermann, Isabeli Fontana, Eugenia Volodina, Carolyn Murphy and Fernanda Tavares, sorry if I'm in the wrong picture.

edit: I see Michelle, sorry but she looks identical to Carolyn :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
versace-3_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqdMTJ71dx-rEkFzWm2wYFZT5ZSIsuhUZEQ5qnx2PMQP8.jpg

versace-NEW_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqisiaGc_vOZedS-tBuq1_L816yKX1cDXG4qTkBN8YWqQ.jpg

www.telegraph.co.uk

Gisele and Christy :wub:

Can't wait for the full campaign! I'm impressed with every single picture so far :heart: except Kaia, even though I like her, she reminds me of the baby girl playing with mommy's makeup, clothes and jewelry.

The Telegraph article says Cindy is part of the campaign.

The new Versace ad campaign, released on Monday and previewed here, features a cross-generational array of women having fun: Naomi Campbell (46), Cindy Crawford (51), Raquel Zimmermann (34), Gisele Bundchen ( 37) and Crawford’s teenage sensation daughter Kaia Geber (16).

Wow, Gisele is serving it! That new shot is STUNNING. Seriously, cannot wait for the full campaign.

Gisele’s new shot does indeed look stunning at first glance. Love the movement. But once you zoom in her face and can’t shake of the fact that her facial expression is quite stupid. And I’m confused by the white hair. Is it part of the hat? Is it a wig? Looks rather unconvincing.

SO disappointed there's no multi girl image :judge:
LOL @ Gisele wig in that new shot...the campaign is turning in a quite unexpected way

the new image of Gisele is fantastic, but the mouth are wired the photoshop no have a good work here

Somehow I miss Anna Ewers and Binx in this! Btw, why Cara Taylor?

I'm still hoping for some reason Natasha and Candice show up. It is really weird that Candice isn't part of this when she's a Meisel + Donatella favorite, plus she fits the brand so perfect.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet the fact that Lexi isn't part of this... (which I'm extremely happy to be honest)

the new image of Gisele is fantastic, but the mouth are wired the photoshop no have a good work here

Yes and she looks like Angela Lindvall with that weird mouth retouching

Last edited by a moderator:
Crikey, what's with Gisele's face in that shot with the hat? :lol: She looks awful, sorry.

I thought Gisele In the second shot was Karolina Kurkova and got so excited!! Would have loved to see her and Carmen Kass in this.

I thought Gisele In the second shot was Karolina Kurkova and got so excited!! Would have loved to see her and Carmen Kass in this.

They were both Meisel muses in the early oughts. And certainly made their marks on the Versace runway throughout the years. It would've been wonderful to see them both in this campaign!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->