Victoria's Secret Show 2005

PussyLee said:
Sister, I don't know how you see them, but the way Brazilians and Slavs carry themselves at the VS show is miles apart! Slavs like Eugenia Volodina, Marija, Natsha Poly, Inguna and Karolina Kurkova has this air of clasiness, mystery and sophistication, that is lacking with the Brazilians.

Adriana, Izabel, Isabelli Fontana and Alessandra wore the same thing, but they're just too out there.........They're very Overt and suggestive. It can be viewed as sexy, but my point is Slavs are more Classier and look more out of touch, Heavenly and Dream-like! Slavs are selling the people this russian fantasy, but they can't have it, it's teasing and it's sexy, intoxicating!

Isabelli's Boobs are just......."Hello, I'm here"

Next Year I demand Natalia Vodianova and Valentina.

I use Ms Hilton as my Avatar, because I like to make fun at myself. She's crazy, trashy and cheap. perfect!!!
Okay okay we are all right! :wink: Hey, PussyLee, I forgot to wish you for your birthday! :lol: Happy birthday and the best! :kiss::flower:

Royal-Galliano said:
Okay okay we are all right! :wink: Hey, PussyLee, I forgot to wish you for your birthday! :lol: Happy birthday and the best! :kiss::flower:

Thanks Hon, you're delicious!

Hey, is that Leticia Birkhauer in your avatar? I wonder why she's no-show this year! Did Fernanda banned her to the show?

PussyLee said:
Thanks Hon, you're delicious!

Hey, is that Leticia Birkhauer in your avatar? I wonder why she's no-show this year! Did Fernanda banned her to the show?
I dunno...:unsure: Yeh, I wonder too, but she is maybe better for ads & eds :wink: I love Dior Pure Poison ad :woot: hehehe

I'm still want to comment how, Tyra Banks single-handedly attempted to make the 2005 Victoria Secret Fashion Show to be her OWN SHOW. Farewell with a bang that is, Do people really care to see her Jiggles retire? I mean everytime the show is coming up, people has two things wanting to know, #1.) Who's this year's line-up, yeheyy (my fave model made it!!!) and #2.) Are Heidi/Tyra Dou, still gonna be there? :(............I'm glad she retires but does she really have to make everything all about her? Come on!!!!

I'm sure next year, it's Heidi's turn and we wil be FORCED to sit and watch it!

WARNING! This is just my personal opinion about Heidi!
---
:yuk: Ugh! Heidi should retire! I always hated her!!! Look at her! There is nothing pretty on her! She's got ugly face, her waist is too wide and generally, she looks synthetically, like bad wax-dummy! Sorry! My pollex for Heidi is going down! :blink::ninja:

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY ETERNITYGODDESS
Quote:
NEW YORK - Gisele Bundchen set the tone at Victoria's Secret fashion show Wednesday when she stepped onto the runway in a bejeweled "Sexy Splendor Fantasy bra," teeny-tiny red Santa skirt with feather trim, above-the-knee red boots and a huge grin that said: This is going to be fun, this is going to be fantasy, this is going to be fabulous.
Unlike designer fashion shows, where models are anonymous hangers for clothes, the lingerie giant encourages models to smile and show a hint of personality. Some, especially Tyra Banks, Naomi Campbell, Heidi Klum and Victoria's Secret's newest "angel" Karolina Kurkova, downright vamped it up for the cameras. Their smiles usually were bigger than their outfits.

Well of course the models are showing personality! The models are what Victoria's Secret is selling! I mean honestly, have you seen the product? It is mass-produced ill-fitting junk. The company wasn't doing well at all until they came up with the genius idea of using big name models and sending out catalogs of them wearing lingerie to every young man in America so that it became a household name.

emanuelle said:
Well of course the models are showing personality! The models are what Victoria's Secret is selling! I mean honestly, have you seen the product? It is mass-produced ill-fitting junk. The company wasn't doing well at all until they came up with the genius idea of using big name models and sending out catalogs of them wearing lingerie to every young man in America so that it became a household name.

genious!

I think VS chose the best models to sell their products. Gisele and Adriana totally know how to sell it. Gisele just screams publicity for them. The brazilian girls are amazingly beautiful. I think they should stay.

Btw, Natasha Poly pulled that shoe slip really well. :smile: Thank God I didn't see Carmen Kass skanky *** face in the show.

My top 5......
1. Natasha Poly (of course!)
2. Julia Stegner
3. Gisele!
4. Caroline T !
5. Angela Lindvall!!! so good to see her back on runaway, miss her so much
I also like Morgane a lot too!!

So many people are forgetting that the VS show is NOT a high fashion show. Eastern European girls' subtle mysterious sensuality may work perfectly for a showcasing of beautiful clothing in Paris but VS is nothing like that. VS is selling sex, plain and simple, and the Brazillian girls just ooze strong, overt sexuality...which is why they're staples in the show and VS campaigns, which is why the brand rakes in obscene profits every year for the junk they produce.

shopsmuch said:
So many people are forgetting that the VS show is NOT a high fashion show. Eastern European girls' subtle mysterious sensuality may work perfectly for a showcasing of beautiful clothing in Paris but VS is nothing like that. VS is selling sex, plain and simple, and the Brazillian girls just ooze strong, overt sexuality...which is why they're staples in the show and VS campaigns, which is why the brand rakes in obscene profits every year for the junk they produce.

Exactly...... I hardly see any Brazilian girls in Paris fashion week except for Isabeli Fontana.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Fabulous said:
I hardly see any Brazilian girls in Paris fashion week except for Isabeli Fontana.
Milagros Schmoll, Solange Wilvert, Drielle, Raquel Z, Camilla Finn, Caroline Trentini, Fabiana Semprebom, Jeisa, Flavia Oliveira, etc...

Also, every Brazilian you saw on this year's VS show has, at some point, walked in Paris.

skinnygal said:
I think that's the list you need.
<Model participating in the VS 2005>:
<Name/country/height>
Tyra Banks(美國,178cm)
Heidi Klum (德國,175cm)
Gisele Bundchen (巴西,180cm)
Alessandra Ambrosio (巴西,178cm)
Karolina Kurkova (捷克,180cm)
Adriana Lima (巴西,178cm)
Naomi Campbell (英國,178cm)
Ana Beatriz Barros (巴西,183cm)
Oluchi Onweagba (奈及利亞,183cm)
Angela Lindvall (美國,180cm)
Isabeli Fontana (西班牙,177cm)
Fernanda Tavares (巴西,178cm)
Raquel Zimmermann (巴西,178cm)
Eugenia Volodina (俄羅斯,180cm)
Izabel Goulart (巴西,177cm)
Selita Ebanks (美國,180cm)
Natasha poly (俄羅斯,178cm)
Marija Vujovic(塞而維亞,180cm)
Julia Stegner (德國,181cm)
Yfke Sturm (荷蘭,180cm)
Caroline Winberg( 瑞典,180cm)
Bianca Balti(義大利,176cm)
Caroline Trentini (巴西,178cm)
Doutzen Kroes (荷蘭,178cm)
Morgane Dubled (法國,180cm)
Inguna Butane (拉托維亞,176cm)
Andi Muise (加拿大,176cm)

Actually Izabel its more like 1.80 and Alessandra its 1.75 or less

fashionyork said:
Actually Izabel its more like 1.80 and Alessandra its 1.75 or less

Are we talking about height here? Here's a more accurate picture, since Selita was listed at 180 cm, which is a blatant lie!

Attachments

• 00aselita99qr.jpg
    00aselita99qr.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 76
By the way, I was watching in my High Definition Plasma Screen, and can't help but noticed that Julia Stegner's teeth are very yellowish! Too much coffee perhaps? She needs a good dental plan!

LostInNJ said:
Everyone is soooo critical of the girls...I just downright enjoyed the show!:P

I agree. THe show was awesome. The girls looked so magnificent, so beautiful! I enjoyed it all (except for the ricky martin, booty dancer part)
I think Karolina K. Stole the show at the end when she came out in her little soldier outfit! Simply amazing! I hope she replaces Tyra as an angel!
I love tyra, but she's starting to gain a lot of weight. Too much for a VS girl!

PussyLee said:
Sister, I don't know how you see them, but the way Brazilians and Slavs carry themselves at the VS show is miles apart! Slavs like Eugenia Volodina, Marija, Natsha Poly, Inguna and Karolina Kurkova has this air of clasiness, mystery and sophistication, that is lacking with the Brazilians.

Adriana, Izabel, Isabelli Fontana and Alessandra wore the same thing, but they're just too out there.........They're very Overt and suggestive. It can be viewed as sexy, but my point is Slavs are more Classier and look more out of touch, Heavenly and Dream-like! Slavs are selling the people this russian fantasy, but they can't have it, it's teasing and it's sexy, intoxicating!

Isabelli's Boobs are just......."Hello, I'm here"

Next Year I demand Natalia Vodianova and Valentina.

I use Ms Hilton as my Avatar, because I like to make fun at myself. She's crazy, trashy and cheap. perfect!!!

Maybe you didn't notice, but that's the whole point. This is Victoria's Secret. Not haute couture. Vs is Big boobs, big lips, long legs, beautiful smile and showing as much skin possible. I mean, christ, it's lingerie!

The point of this fashion show is mainly entertainment value, along with holiday sales promotion, I should know, I work for VS, and not in a store as a sales rep.
A major majority of VS customers are men. And men don't wanna see some waify, flat chested eastern european girl like Natalia Vodianova, they wanna see the big boobs, big lips, tall voluptuous unattainable women. They wanna see Gisele, Heidi, Adriana. And guess what, women clients, don't want to see those kind of girls either.
I was reading your critique. LIke I said before, this isn't high fashion. This is publicity.
I was lucky enough to attend the show myself. And trust me when I tell you, when those girls came out, I didn't hear one man or woman saying "omg, her lower body is weird, her walk is funny, she can't carry herself" And not because they don't know fashion, but because the point of the show is totally different from any other runway show!
When Karolina came out, everyone's jaw was on the floor, including mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cutebells
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->