Victoria's Secret Show 2005

Gisele And Adriana Best Body
Best Face Eugenia Angela And Julia
Best Runway Gisele ,natasha, Raquel
I Miss Carmen , Frankie And Jaqueta And Mini

Hotel de Paris said:
Maybe you didn't notice, but that's the whole point. This is Victoria's Secret. Not haute couture. Vs is Big boobs, big lips, long legs, beautiful smile and showing as much skin possible. I mean, christ, it's lingerie!

The point of this fashion show is mainly entertainment value, along with holiday sales promotion, I should know, I work for VS, and not in a store as a sales rep.
A major majority of VS customers are men. And men don't wanna see some waify, flat chested eastern european girl like Natalia Vodianova, they wanna see the big boobs, big lips, tall voluptuous unattainable women. They wanna see Gisele, Heidi, Adriana. And guess what, women clients, don't want to see those kind of girls either.
I was reading your critique. LIke I said before, this isn't high fashion. This is publicity.
I was lucky enough to attend the show myself. And trust me when I tell you, when those girls came out, I didn't hear one man or woman saying "omg, her lower body is weird, her walk is funny, she can't carry herself" And not because they don't know fashion, but because the point of the show is totally different from any other runway show!
When Karolina came out, everyone's jaw was on the floor, including mine.

Men watched CSI, Cold Case and Sports Channel, VS fashion show's viewers are Upscale women and Gay men. That's the reality! These viewers wants sexiness with Class. I'm just saying that the Eastern Europeans embodies this the best! They look very sophisticated, Classy, Expensive and Unattainable. Almost Heavenly and Dream-like. You are right about Karolina Kurkova, after all, she's Czech, there's something about how they carry themselves, as compared to blatant sexuality of Izabel Goulart and Isabelli Fontana, who comes accross as very suggestive. Anyways, to each his own, and I'm just expressing my opinion!

PussyLee said:
VS fashion show's viewers are Upscale women and Gay men. That's the reality! These viewers wants sexiness with Class.

That's so not true.. I still think you are thinking too much of High Fashion shows. Most people that watch it are ordinary people. People who don't follow fashion shows like some of us do. Those people hate models, especially haute couture models because of what they look like, but with VS you have girls like Adriana and Tyra who have a good size body and big breasts.

VS is trying to target every kind of woman and by having girls who have not only a good figure but models with normal figure. (I'm not saying haute couture models dont have normal figure its just not very common in the US.) And what you think is not right is totally working for VS. But like you said to each their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked watching the show on TV it was actually entertaining... some of the outfits were so cute... I liked the little green Bow outfit... and the jingle bell butt skirt. :lol:

CharlottefromCA said:
Has anyone else tried to download the HD one.. and the sound doesn't work? Does the Low definition one have lower requirements for sound?

I downloaded the 2003 and 2005 HQ ones and had no problem watching it.:D
You probably have to download and install 'codecs'. When the person uploaded the media file to his/hers computer they encode the media file w/ different types of codecs(for advanced picture,sound,smaller size etc) that are sometimes unavailable in regular PCs so they have to be installed separately.
I think u can download the "unified codecs(basically whole bunch of codecs)" here (although I havent tried downloading from this site)
http://www.codec-download.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewsdownload&sid=67

KhaoticKharma said:

Did anyone else think that Morgane Dubled was just too small for VS, in every sense of the word? She looked adolescent. :blink:

Amen! It was disturbing.:shock:

PussyLee said:
Hun you don't know who you're dealing with........:flower:

Unless you want to be as famous as me!

Of course you do!:rolleyes:

If that wasn't immature enough. Its humans we are talking about here guys. I thought all of them did great. I don't even think race has anything to do with how they did.

PussyLee said:
Men watched CSI, Cold Case and Sports Channel, VS fashion show's viewers are Upscale women and Gay men. !

Omg, no they're not. I work for VS. And my boyfriend works for cbs, so I get all the info on the nielsen ratings. The major viewers are average women ages 18 - 35, and straight men! Trust me!
Victoria's secret sells undewear that's, for the most part, reasonably priced, that you can get at any mall, anywhere! With now over 1000 stores in the usa, VS isn't exactly a fashion house, but a multi million dollar corporation, made that way by america's average joe's and janes! By the popular demand of supplies by the average American girl. Though America contains NYC, a fashion capital. NYC is only a tiny city compared to what the general population of the country demands.
Mr. Fabulous is totally right too! America, doesn't wanna see haute models. But it's not because they are so skinny, it's because they just have no womaly type of body, or look. I'm very into fashion, but I don't even like 75% of the models I see on the runway.
The Victoria's Secret client does not want to see this >

00220m-vi.jpg

twoo-vi.jpg

(style.com)

They want to see this...

V250909.jpg

V251367.jpg

(victoriassecret.com)

Amen Hotel_de_Paris...there is someone who knows what she's talking about

Ahh... getting back to what the thread is reallly about, does anyone know why Pania Rose is not in any of the VS shows?

PussyLee said:
Thanks Hon, you're delicious!

Hey, is that Leticia Birkhauer in your avatar? I wonder why she's no-show this year! Did Fernanda banned her to the show?

I am curious. What happened with Fernanda and Leticia? :huh:

Salvatore said:
I am curious. What happened with Fernanda and Leticia? :huh:

Nothing really... :D .. its just if you watch the 2003 show.. Fernanda's outfit gets stuck in her shoe... and she's a total mess walking off the runway, and Leticia comes walking by.. right PASS her.. without helping her or even blinking an eye.. hands on hips smiling. It was quite hilarious actually, but I doubt there's any fued between the two.. it was just something funny observed off the TV screen. And in retrospect I doubt Leticia is some icy b*tch or anything.. she probably just figured the guys backstage would help her out because they were right there. It was funny to watch though.

PussyLee said:
I don't call them that, Please don't put words in my mouth! You areridiculous and should be ashamed of yourself!!!

I bet you're the one who thought, she is euro.......I knew my models quite well.....and next time don't pick on me.

Hun you don't know who you're dealing with........:flower:

Unless you want to be as famous as me!

Of course you do!:rolleyes:

"hun", stop calling me hun.
I didn't put words in your mouth, you're literally calling them sluts without
saying it. Don't hate on Brazillans, they're just people like you and me.

I knew Caroline Trentini was Brazillian before I actually knew what she
even looked like. Just cause someone's from Brazil, doesn't make them
unclassy.
Adriana Lima I know has French, Caribbean & italian blood.
Gisele is half German.
Isabeli Fontana is part German also.
Caroline Trentini is half italian, half german.
Alessandra Ambrosio is mixed with many races.

Julia Stegners German, Marija is from Montenegro and part Roman.
Yes! i kow its hard for you to belive but the girls you like are all
differently mixed to.
And no thanks i don't exactly want to be you :shock:
An egotistical, unintelligent, paris loving racist? i pass :flower:

you call THESE girl's unclassy and unappealing?
1785kr.jpg

there just people. everyone's different in their own way.
its one thing to say you just prefer the european and russian
girls but the way you say it is just insulting. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamcult
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->