Victoria's Secret Show 2005

i just saw the airing in singapore. it was GREAT! tyra is amazing. and i finally saw the legendary natasha poly shoe accident. she worked it beautifully.

kungfuclown66 said:
PS: i don't think they are models that are better then tyra, whehter its looks or walk or anything, they can match, or compete but i think if tyra REALLY wanted to model still, she'd kick everyones *** just like she does at all the VS shows.

There's a lot of models that are better than her, what are you talking about?

And please don't talk about her kick-*** walk, it's hideous!

She's not even modelling......her walk is sooo exagerrated and forced!.........

PussyLee said:
There's a lot of models that are better than her, what are you talking about?

And please don't talk about her kick-*** walk, it's hideous!

She's not even modelling......her walk is sooo exagerrated and forced!.........

WHAT!, there might be models that are more popular then her now because she has stopped modeling but they're arn't any "better" then her, they might be on par, but she has what it takes. Plus i'd like to see any other model walk that way, they can't. because her walk is signature. her kick *** walk is awesome, she's hot and she looks good on a runway because her walk takes over and is "fierce" plus that walk is what separates her from other models, because not every model has that "ompfh" on a runway, many of them just walk pose a "dull" pose and then move on. plenty of examples in VS show(s), but whenever you see her walk you can tell she's been doing it and that she is a supermodel, so don't HATE!

kungfuclown66 said:
WHAT!, there might be models that are more popular then her now because she has stopped modeling but they're arn't any "better" then her, they might be on par, but she has what it takes. Plus i'd like to see any other model walk that way, they can't. because her walk is signature. her kick *** walk is awesome, she's hot and she looks good on a runway because her walk takes over and is "fierce" plus that walk is what separates her from other models, because not every model has that "ompfh" on a runway, many of them just walk pose a "dull" pose and then move on. plenty of examples in VS show(s), but whenever you see her walk you can tell she's been doing it and that she is a supermodel, so don't HATE!
That about sums it up kung. I think part of why VS has done so well is because of Tyra. She made that brand what it is. No one in the 'hood gave a fig about VS until they saw Tyra do the ads. Then girls were like, "Wow a girl that looks like me, a girl that is beautiful and fierce and thick! Let me go out and get something from Vicky Secrets." Tyra broadened the fan base immensely. Ask the average African-American or Hispanic girl when they started liking Vicky's Secret and they will tell you when they saw Tyra. Tyra seems accessible to her fans and to the fashionistas. People can related to her. And it's also personality that sells products. Just look at Grace Jones in the seventies. She was absolutely weird looking, but it was her outrageousness and her character that really made people pay attention.

But you know everyone is going to have a difference of opinion so I guess it just all comes down to preference. After all, some people go on and on about Kate Moss and Jessica Stam (of late) and I just don't get that either. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
People will always talk mad crap about Tyra, cause some of the girls that
are more into the high fashion models don't see her as a model period for
pretty 'blunt' reasons. I adore her though, she has an amazing personality, inspires many people and is a true veteran, that's why she's more popular than most of the models out now.

People in the 'real world' don't know Gemma Ward or Jessica Stam, they know
girls like Tyra Banks. why? cause they're more in not only the fashion business but TV & more broad catalogues or w/e, therefore, they have more
exposure. As much as I love Gemma or Heather Marks, or whoever, I just
don't think a large range of girls can relate to them rather than girls like
Tyra Banks, Ai Tominaga, or Adriana Lima. And I know some poeple won't
agree with that, just saying what I think. :flower:

jus saw the entire vid on a site someone posted what a brilliant show! I loved Naomi great glide! Karolina was just smashin heidi looked radiant actually all the girls looked brilliant even the new girld really shone! Great music too and set! Natasha Poly was brilliant with the shoe.:flower: eugenia was also great when she opened the russian segment. Caroline T looked out of place coz of her girl next door looks I dont think she was cut out to do VS though her body is stil perfect for the brand. Then among the unknown girls theres this girl that looked asian she really knew how to walk. Gisele seems to be the backstage motormouth she kept talkin on and on but not in a bad way!

Heres the link that someone posted before they hav a couple of shows

http://xero.org.au/~slea/movies/victorias_secret_fashion_shows/

I was suprised to see Caroline Trentini there, too but she has such a GREEAT bod and she looked like she fit right in- I have a theory that The Limited's marketing is so pinpoint that the "cuter" image is the next wave for VS; nothing they do is by accident!
I find the girl next door look very sexy anyway so I hope I'm right!!:D

i totally agree with you Boomer ! many people are just saying that carol T. wasnt sexy enough or that she wasnt good for VS but i looooved her in the show! i think she was perfect really...

for all those people who support my cause for the appreciation of tyra banks, go you. You are all right! except some who will not be named and have a negative view of Tyra, any one have the song list for the 2003 show? I wanted to get some songs from that show, any ideas?

^^ good thing i made a list
and saved it :smile:

1st segement Walk
Peaches "AA XXX"

2nd Segment Walk
Shaggy "Hey Sexy Lady"
Eva Cassidy "Fever"

3rd Segment Walk
Kylie Minogue "Slow"
N.E.R.D. "Rockstar"

4th Segment Walk
Wreckage "Slayed"
Sean Paul "Gimme the light"

5th Segment Walk
Jay-Z "Dirt off your shoulder"
Basement Jaxx "Good Luck"
Evanescene "Bring me to Life"

some of the songs i don't know, but only like those instrumental
ones that look like they made themselves, it'd take forever to find.

BTW the band Wreckage is that band they play during some of their
commericals last year, that song that goes "we'll bring the house
down...it's time". The songs called "Slayer"

I'm already thinking about next year and who I think should be in it in order of who is the best.

The Vets (including first timers in the 05 show:(
Gisele
Naomi
Oluchi
Adriana
Heidi
Izabel
Ana-Beatriz
Karolina
Morgane Dubeld
Andi Muise
Doutzen Kroes
Julia Stegner
Caroline Winberg
Euginia V.
Natasha Poly-I actually didn't like her but the way she handled the shoe thing was very prof and cool so she's okay in my book.
Marija
Selita Eubanks
Isabeli Fontana
Liya

Girls who I think should be added:

Sesilee Lopez
Mimi Roche
Jaunel McKenzi
Marga van Leen
Amy Rubee
Camilla Finn
Cintia Dicker
Milagros Schmoll

Tyra, Tyra, Tyra.....
I personally think she's awesome. I think she's very inspirational and she has a heart of gold. Who cares if she's gained some weight since she was walking the runway in Paris? How many of us have picture-perfect, Gisele bodies? I certainly don't. Tyra still gets up there and struts her stuff because she has confidence in who she is. I really admire that.
I also love what she's doing with her talk show and ANTM. Taking fashion and modeling mainstream gives us more fodder to feed our addictions, doesn't it? I'm glued to the television every Wednesday night during Top Model season....and my boyfriend constantly asks if we we can delete some of the shows off of our Tivo, because there's no room for anything else to record! And I tell him, "NO! Not until I transfer them to tapes."

Tyra may not be one of the most beautiful models of today, but I certainly think she's a great role model.

And of course the 2005 VS show wasn't her most elegant. She was rockin' the house down with her personality because she was retiring, people! Her last show! She wasn't going to finish it up meekly. That's so not Tyra.

VitaLuv said:
Girls who I think should be added:

Sesilee Lopez
Mimi Roche
Jaunel McKenzi
Marga van Leen
Amy Rubee
Camilla Finn
Cintia Dicker
Milagros Schmoll

Isn't Sesilee Lopez too young?

Users who are viewing this thread