Visionaire 60 : "Religion" by Riccardo Tisci

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
visionairecover.jpg

As if it wasn’t enough to design women’s, men’s, and couture, not to mention land one of the biggest Oscars gets of them all in Cate Blanchett, not to mention maintaining the front-runner position in the who-will-replace-Galliano-at-Dior guessing game, Givenchy’s Riccardo Tisci has revealed exclusively to Style.com that he’s collaborated with Visionaire on its 60th anniversary issue. The topic? Only Tisci’s favorite, of course: religion. The designer curated the entire issue, and all of the work was specially commissioned by for the project with the exception of a single never-before-published photograph by Robert Mapplethorpe. Tisci’s one stipulation to his collaborators: no Givenchy credits. Among the contributions, Karl Lagerfeld photographed Carine Roitfeld, Paolo Canevari envisioned Franca Sozzani as a saint, and Givaudan perfumer Yann Vasnier created a Religion scent. Tisci’s proudest achievements: convincing Helmut Lang to participate—”he’s my god,” says the designer—and working on a project with the performance artist Marina Abramović, whom he calls his mother. “Any religion, it’s like a family,” he said. And he means it. The limited-edition issue is a leather-wrapped 228-page hardbound book complete with a case inspired by a church altarpiece. It will be released in June and retail for $425 at select bookstores worldwide and at Givenchy flagship stores.
style.com

Attachments

• visionaire-veil.jpg
    visionaire-veil.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 144
  • visionaire-arizona.jpg
    visionaire-arizona.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 706
those pictures looks amazing!
ugh i wish i can get it,but here in texas will not be easy.

and :shock: front-runner position in the who-will-replace-Galliano-at-Dior guessing game :shock:
i hope not.

Arizona Muse, and is that Christina Ricci?

^Yes, it is.

I would indeed love to buy this issue, but it's such a ridiculous price!

I think this will be the first issue I'll get. Looks phenomenal. But would people stop nominating him for Galliano's replacement?! Him and Givenchy are made for eachother!!

Epic picture of Arizona and son. I think I would buy this issue as well~

That is one stunning photo of Christina Ricci. I just adore it. :heart:

Damn! $425!! I want this so bad. That is a hefty price for 228 pages.

Arizona and her baby look beautiful.

the previews are amazing, i wish i could own at least one, but the prices are ridiculous..
not to mention the shipping for one to Europe is 240 $ :shock::lol:
665$ = 6 year subscription to Vogue Italia

^Excuse me?! $240? Does it come in a wood box with your address engraved on it in gold letters or something?

I wanted to get a Visionnaire issue, but that won't be that one as the theme leaves me quite cold...

oh my god. i gasped. i'm afraid this issue wont magically appear at my door without me buying it though, like the mcqueen one did. how much is it? and i wouldn't be buying anyway cause the shipping to italy is insane.

oh nevermind, it says the price in the article. this sounds probably like the best issue they've ever made, but the price it's insane. looking at the mcqueen issue that was supposed to be just as amazing on paper and then it turned out to be rather underwhelming... i don't know.

Visionaire is one lovely (and pricey) magazine that always provides high-quality fashion images. This issue doesn't seem to be an exception.

^^WTF!!??!! That is one beautiful picture. Totally stunning! :heart: Is that Jamie Bochert?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vseroff
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->