Vogue Australia September 2017 : Bella Hadid & Jordan Barrett by Jackie Nickerson

Awful!! Nothing here works, and what on earth is up with her make-up? Why? Also why the redesign?

Are they kidding me with the cropping in the cover story ed? Just dumb!!

Such a letdown :( the font is a disaster, the styling is depressing, Bella never looked so bad... I was expecting so much more from VA September issue.

Yumi's editorial is gorgeous. She should've been on the cover.

They both look like a mess, and the hideous new design is very Marie Claire UK.

Hopefully bela's recent cover coup speeds up her road to obscurity until we only see her in some tv guide cover or maybe a vietnamese marie claire, if it even exists.

Just like Kendall Jenner. Thankfully, she didn't get many September covers. Last year was ridiculous.

..., and they look photoshopped together (where's the rest of Bella's arms?)

... It is certainly photoshopped together and thats says a lot about Vogue Australia's team is willing to put together such a poor cover for the biggest fashion month of the year...

Poor Bella. She has a tree branch growing out her backside :blink:

eVBwuPzG.jpg

No please... :(

Don't worry. VM always choose supermodels like Edita, Lara or Carolyn for them and caribbean beauties for Latin America. It's a instagirls free zone.

I like Fernanda's ed, she looks amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vogue Australia has jumped the shark, cliche like every other Vogue now and featuring teeny boppers who will ge them magazine sales instead of Australian models like they used to.

Those paparazzi pictures of them together looked more interesting than this. Is not terrible either but it is boring. The other editorials are way better and if they did a issue dedicated to Japan, Rila would've been better for the cover.

I'm really confused by the editorial decisions behind this issue. They clearly pumped a lot of time and planning into the two Japan edits, so why not use the Jil Sander shot of Rila going into kneeling pose for the cover? If it's about money, reach out to Jil Sander and motivate funding! They're simply not thinking out of the box. By going with that shot, they at least would've stood out not only in Australia, but internationally as well. Isn't that more important that the 1001th Bella cover for September??

As anticipated, I'm quite impressed with the two Japan features. It's perhaps even better than Chiharu Okunugi & Edie Campbell for Holiday magazine (where are they??). The photography and styling is impressive here. Especially in the Balenciaga double page shot next to the rubble, that beautiful A.W.A.K.E. kimono-style top, and the backshot of Yumi strolling in Rick Owens. I hate that I will most likely get this issue and Edwina and her team will think it's because of Bella!!

Thanks for posting, MarkPoli! :smile:

wow i looove the edits of Rila and Yumi!! any shot of those totally would have made an amazing cover but probably too good to be true :(

poor Bella getting all those covers but being photoshopped as hell and then you cant even see her face in the edits...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Japan edits aren't all that for me.Yumi's would look better without that layout and some shots are simply unnecesary. In both cases the approach is too trivial and played out for it to be memorable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->