Vogue Brazil March 2020 : Alek Wek by Luigi & Iango

Could you, pretty please, tell me/us how many pictures are missing from the cover story I've posted above?
It’s complete. you posted more photos than you have in the editorial.

Her hands looks very blatantly copy-and-pasted over the body on the covershot— likely to hide her nips... Just such a directionless shot and even messier post-production: Absolutely useless cover that belies the rather gorgeous and graphically stunning story. If this covershot select was an attempt at consumer-baiting, then it’s such a shame that Vogues now have to dumb-down such a solid HF shoot in order to be less intimating and consumer-friendly with the meek cover. The shot of her in off-the-shoulder SL would have made a more eye-catching cover and succeeded for both consumer and HF readers— in B&W or color.

(BTW, great to see a Vogue that unapologetically styles and shoot a model as a sexually-potent being— especially a Black model, whom are nowadays usually styled and shot with kid-gloves like some precious delicate jewel as to not offend the PC-prudes on SM in fear of being cancelled. The industry seems to have forgotten that models are the most idealized and unattainable imagery of prime sexuality and not accessible and least of all anywhere near common and frumpy like that Paloma person.)

^^^ You should read @Will Ross 's post on her (McQueen a/w 2020 thread)— absolutely dragging but so true, I can’t not see that now whenever I look at a shot of Paloma. At her best, she’s pleasantly pretty enough in that sort of the face of Human Resources at Condé Nast sort of way. But the industry is at such a low low low standard when someone like her is considered a top model being shoehorned into HF shows and Vogues for representation creds. She belongs at the local mall fashion show and department-store catalogue.

Last edited by a moderator:
She's got stunning arms and I like everything but her expression. Alek's smile is her best asset. How stunning would that have been instead of this 'fierce high fashunnn' expression.
I agree, why she's not smiling???! She looks mad at the photographer. What a waste of Alek, she's a legend.

We are really hungry for that kind of fierceness that Alek's editorial is bringing, this is really an awesome issue, kudos for Vogue Brazil, Alek and everyone involved.

That cover is incredible! All I see is a strong black woman through all her expressions and poses, I expected no less from a supermodel!

Thats it - just a cover and an empty magazine without any great article- they put some designer interview (because they need to pay the first class flight to see some fashion show somewhere) or a almost full YSL looks ed. (like this with Alek- shes wearing YSL at the cover) with the same purpose - because they pay the Bill. No identity to Brazil at All - even the collections ed is All about International brands. In the past they use to mix it with brazilians designer, but not now. A shame. The new layout is terrible too like a lazy one- they fired the Art director but i heard that they Will keep “following the old rules”, so...

Fabulous to see Alek Wek on the cover of Vogue, and especially photographed by Luigi & Iango. The Saint Laurent looks gorgeous in the cover shot, love Alek's pose with the clenched fits (seen that somewhere else but cannot remember where) and think the editorial is just as fantastic. Bravo!

I like the cover. But I LOVE the editorial! it's so powerful and fierce.

Powerful! Fierce! Glamorous! I’m not a fan of all her faces but it’s stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"