Vogue Brazil March 2020 : Alek Wek by Luigi & Iango

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by vogue28, Mar 4, 2020.

1. caioherrero

caioherrero Well-Known Member

It’s complete. you posted more photos than you have in the editorial.

2. Zorka

Zorka Well-Known Member

THANKS, sweetie, it's much appreciated! :flower:

caioherrero likes this.
  3. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

Her hands looks very blatantly copy-and-pasted over the body on the covershot— likely to hide her nips... Just such a directionless shot and even messier post-production: Absolutely useless cover that belies the rather gorgeous and graphically stunning story. If this covershot select was an attempt at consumer-baiting, then it’s such a shame that Vogues now have to dumb-down such a solid HF shoot in order to be less intimating and consumer-friendly with the meek cover. The shot of her in off-the-shoulder SL would have made a more eye-catching cover and succeeded for both consumer and HF readers— in B&W or color.

(BTW, great to see a Vogue that unapologetically styles and shoot a model as a sexually-potent being— especially a Black model, whom are nowadays usually styled and shot with kid-gloves like some precious delicate jewel as to not offend the PC-prudes on SM in fear of being cancelled. The industry seems to have forgotten that models are the most idealized and unattainable imagery of prime sexuality and not accessible and least of all anywhere near common and frumpy like that Paloma person.)

4. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Awww, I like her! I think she's absolutely gorgeous.

5. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

^^^ You should read @Will Ross 's post on her (McQueen a/w 2020 thread)— absolutely dragging but so true, I can’t not see that now whenever I look at a shot of Paloma. At her best, she’s pleasantly pretty enough in that sort of the face of Human Resources at Condé Nast sort of way. But the industry is at such a low low low standard when someone like her is considered a top model being shoehorned into HF shows and Vogues for representation creds. She belongs at the local mall fashion show and department-store catalogue.

#25 Phuel, Mar 9, 2020
    Last edited by moderator Armani: Mar 9, 2020
    dior_couture1245, Zorka and aracic like this.
  6. ivano

ivano Well-Known Member

I agree, why she's not smiling???! She looks mad at the photographer. What a waste of Alek, she's a legend.

7. FashionMuseDior

FashionMuseDior Active Member

We are really hungry for that kind of fierceness that Alek's editorial is bringing, this is really an awesome issue, kudos for Vogue Brazil, Alek and everyone involved.

8. Breathless

Breathless Member

That cover is incredible! All I see is a strong black woman through all her expressions and poses, I expected no less from a supermodel!

9. matheus_s

matheus_s Well-Known Member

Thats it - just a cover and an empty magazine without any great article- they put some designer interview (because they need to pay the first class flight to see some fashion show somewhere) or a almost full YSL looks ed. (like this with Alek- shes wearing YSL at the cover) with the same purpose - because they pay the Bill. No identity to Brazil at All - even the collections ed is All about International brands. In the past they use to mix it with brazilians designer, but not now. A shame. The new layout is terrible too like a lazy one- they fired the Art director but i heard that they Will keep “following the old rules”, so...

Benn98 likes this.
  10. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

Fabulous to see Alek Wek on the cover of Vogue, and especially photographed by Luigi & Iango. The Saint Laurent looks gorgeous in the cover shot, love Alek's pose with the clenched fits (seen that somewhere else but cannot remember where) and think the editorial is just as fantastic. Bravo!

Zorka likes this.
  11. russianelf

russianelf Well-Known Member

That shot with the veil and the Iris van Herpen! :heart:

12. Khabeer

Khabeer Member

I like the cover. But I LOVE the editorial! it's so powerful and fierce.

13. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Powerful! Fierce! Glamorous! I’m not a fan of all her faces but it’s stunning.