Vogue Czechoslovakia November 2018

I prefer the first cover, the second one reminds me of an old shoot with Jennifer Aniston :stuart:
both would have been a lot better without the "vasen" imo...

This is artistic.

But where’s the fashion? Where’s the glamour?

The first cover is odd. The mask could have been executed better. They could have spent more for a better replica of the face. This looks like a CUT-OUT. The hair on the cut out. Masks in a regular $1 store is better than that. Lazy.

My goodness, the second cover. They could have AT THE VERY LEAST styled the wigs?? How lazy??

These covers are just lazy for me.

I like the Vogue Italia vibes magazines are showing off lately, PROVIDED they execute it well. Vogue Ukraine and Portugal are killing it.

As for Vogue CS, I’m not so convinced. They should just go commercial.

I think those smaller European editions are all trying too hard to imitate the success of Vogue Italia, but they all failed, and sometimes their works are irrelevent to fashion and Vogue.

So Lili's cover is only available in Slovakia and Anna's only in Czech Republic :rolleyes: I hate when magazines do that but at least I'm stuck with better cover (imo) this time. I read comments on instagram for both covers, people prefer Lili's cover as well as they find Anna's scary.

I hope we'll see more fashion on the covers in the future from them and more czech and slovak models please -_-

How close the covers are to Vogue Italia September 2012? So I guess it's only a "coincidence"

tumblr_m9hk0xtXvM1qgu9cuo1_640.jpg

source: vogue and coffee

How close the covers are to Vogue Italia September 2012? So I guess it's only a "coincidence"
Immediately thought of this, but still like the Lili's cover nonetheless. Finally I see one of those "artsy" Vogue editions do something right. Anna's cover is a miss for me though.

This is artistic.

But where’s the fashion? Where’s the glamour?

The first cover is odd. The mask could have been executed better. They could have spent more for a better replica of the face. This looks like a CUT-OUT. The hair on the cut out. Masks in a regular $1 store is better than that. Lazy.

My goodness, the second cover. They could have AT THE VERY LEAST styled the wigs?? How lazy??

These covers are just lazy for me.

I like the Vogue Italia vibes magazines are showing off lately, PROVIDED they execute it well. Vogue Ukraine and Portugal are killing it.

As for Vogue CS, I’m not so convinced. They should just go commercial.

Exactly! They're so busy trying to be arty they're forgetting the VOGUE brand and what people expect from that. If CN wanted to create an indie they shouldn't attached it to the most recognisable fashion magazine in the world.

I like the one with red hair... it's a quite simple and nothing distract me but still catch my attention and i love colors

They don't even try to hide it anymore, why bother? Everyone seems to be buying this school-project amateur nostalgia anyway.

I love this. A lot of glamour without looking cheap and tacky. Vogue UK and Vogue US should learn from this.

I can vaguely tolerate the second cover because Anna's profile works for the styling. But it's way too early for this magazine to start copying others. Just furthers the point that there was absolutely no need for this edition. If we want VI-lite we can buy into Portuguese and Ukrainian Vogue who does this sort of thing better. The fashion industry simply don't need a 'Czechoslovakian' or Polish Vogue.

I prefer the first cover, the second one reminds me of an old shoot with Jennifer Aniston :stuart:..

Which shoot was this Koko? I can't recall!

I really like them.... I know, there's no fashion in them, but they're definitely eye-catching

They don't even try to hide it anymore, why bother? Everyone seems to be buying this school-project amateur nostalgia anyway.

This "VSCOCam" aesthetic trend is the worst in fashion photography. Everyone buys it because it makes them less mediocre. New photographers abuse the filters to replicate the analog camera and readers think they are able to do some nice fashionable photos to post on the Instagram.

These are oh so random. At least Lara last month gave some flavour of relevance to the issue. These two do absolutely nothing to me. I also wish they went for commercial, all the while they work hard to be edgy and intellectual and different.

They are trying really hard, but the results are too weak. After the hype surrounding the first issue, the local interest in Vogue waned. I believe they thought they would come as an authority, but not even the local community takes the edition seriously. We'll see how long this lasts, rumors are spreading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->