Vogue Czechoslovakia November 2018

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by TZ001, Oct 10, 2018.

1. TZ001

TZ001 Active Member

Natrajk likes this.
  2. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

I prefer the first cover, the second one reminds me of an old shoot with Jennifer Aniston :stuart:
    both would have been a lot better without the "vasen" imo...

3. MON

MON Well-Known Member

This is artistic.

But where’s the fashion? Where’s the glamour?

The first cover is odd. The mask could have been executed better. They could have spent more for a better replica of the face. This looks like a CUT-OUT. The hair on the cut out. Masks in a regular $1 store is better than that. Lazy.

My goodness, the second cover. They could have AT THE VERY LEAST styled the wigs?? How lazy??

These covers are just lazy for me.

I like the Vogue Italia vibes magazines are showing off lately, PROVIDED they execute it well. Vogue Ukraine and Portugal are killing it.

As for Vogue CS, I’m not so convinced. They should just go commercial.

Benn98 and 333101 like this.
  4. TZ001

TZ001 Active Member

I think those smaller European editions are all trying too hard to imitate the success of Vogue Italia, but they all failed, and sometimes their works are irrelevent to fashion and Vogue.

Benn98 likes this.
  5. Ed..

Ed.. cape cod kwassa kwassa!

Big NO to both covers.

Benn98 likes this.
  6. Lausanne

Lausanne Member

So Lili's cover is only available in Slovakia and Anna's only in Czech Republic :rolleyes: I hate when magazines do that but at least I'm stuck with better cover (imo) this time. I read comments on instagram for both covers, people prefer Lili's cover as well as they find Anna's scary.

I hope we'll see more fashion on the covers in the future from them and more czech and slovak models please -_-

7. phungnam96

phungnam96 Active Member

How close the covers are to Vogue Italia September 2012? So I guess it's only a "coincidence"

[​IMG]
    source: vogue and coffee

8. caioherrero

caioherrero Active Member

I hate both covers

9. russianelf

russianelf Active Member

Immediately thought of this, but still like the Lili's cover nonetheless. Finally I see one of those "artsy" Vogue editions do something right. Anna's cover is a miss for me though.

10. 333101

333101 Well-Known Member

Exactly! They're so busy trying to be arty they're forgetting the VOGUE brand and what people expect from that. If CN wanted to create an indie they shouldn't attached it to the most recognisable fashion magazine in the world.

Benn98 likes this.
  11. DomesticTechnology

DomesticTechnology New Member

I like the one with red hair... it's a quite simple and nothing distract me but still catch my attention and i love colors

12. Srdjan

Srdjan Well-Known Member

Too hipster for my liking.

13. EstefaniaAbaddon

EstefaniaAbaddon Well-Known Member

They don't even try to hide it anymore, why bother? Everyone seems to be buying this school-project amateur nostalgia anyway.

14. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

I love this. A lot of glamour without looking cheap and tacky. Vogue UK and Vogue US should learn from this.

jorgepalomo likes this.
  15. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I can vaguely tolerate the second cover because Anna's profile works for the styling. But it's way too early for this magazine to start copying others. Just furthers the point that there was absolutely no need for this edition. If we want VI-lite we can buy into Portuguese and Ukrainian Vogue who does this sort of thing better. The fashion industry simply don't need a 'Czechoslovakian' or Polish Vogue.

Which shoot was this Koko? I can't recall!

16. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

I can´t find it... it´s an old shoot for a mag like EW, with her Rachel cut.

17. Joromana

Joromana Member

I really like them.... I know, there's no fashion in them, but they're definitely eye-catching

18. phungnam96

phungnam96 Active Member

This "VSCOCam" aesthetic trend is the worst in fashion photography. Everyone buys it because it makes them less mediocre. New photographers abuse the filters to replicate the analog camera and readers think they are able to do some nice fashionable photos to post on the Instagram.

Benn98 likes this.
  19. Royal-Galliano

Royal-Galliano Well-Known Member

These are oh so random. At least Lara last month gave some flavour of relevance to the issue. These two do absolutely nothing to me. I also wish they went for commercial, all the while they work hard to be edgy and intellectual and different.

20. RaisinBoy

RaisinBoy Active Member

They are trying really hard, but the results are too weak. After the hype surrounding the first issue, the local interest in Vogue waned. I believe they thought they would come as an authority, but not even the local community takes the edition seriously. We'll see how long this lasts, rumors are spreading.

Royal-Galliano likes this.