Vogue España August 2020 : Miriam Sánchez by Miguel Reveriego

MDNA

Reaction score

instagram.com/voguespain

I wondered why it looks so much like a Glenda Bailey commissioned subscriber cover until I saw Miguel's name. The same guy who is responsible for making JLo tiptoe on overhead power lines and other corny setups over the years? Or am I thinking of Mariano Vivanco?

This needed a different, more commanding model with strong classical features. Happy for Miriam (I think this is her first Vogue Spain cover after a long build up?), but she's not the right fit for the setting. That, and the faint 'Siempre' font, and the fact that the building covers the masthead instead of vice versa.

I need Vogue Spain to keep the same energy they had when they delivered the best quarantine cover.

^that building is an iconic place in Madrid so I´m guessing that´s why it´s covering the masthead...

When I look at this cover the first thing I see is the building and then I notice there's a girl sitting at the bottom of the picture. Good thing she's wearing red, otherwise she'd completely disappear from this cover! It's a shame, Vogue Spain usually has pretty great covers but this ain't it. It also looks quite cheap tbh

^that building is an iconic place in Madrid so I´m guessing that´s why it´s covering the masthead...

Eiffel Tower is iconic in Paris, but they still put it behind the masthead on their September cover last year. I find this distracting. That dome is absolutely beautiful, but it's not supposed to be star of this cover...

Eiffel Tower is iconic in Paris, but they still put it behind the masthead on their September cover last year. I find this distracting. That dome is absolutely beautiful, but it's not supposed to be star of this cover...

I think it´s because VS is all about coming together during the pandemic and Madrid was the most affected city... so yeah, I think they meant for the building to be the star.

I don't buy fashion magazines to see pictures of buildings :rofl: definitely not on the cover. I'm going to roll my eyes at this whenever I see it on the newstands.
Interesting that they didn't use Blanca Padilla for this cover or any other produced during lockdown when she was working for them a lot.

The same guy who is responsible for making JLo tiptoe on overhead power lines and other corny setups over the years?

I guess you refer to Mariano Vivanco. He photographed JLo for Bazaar april 2018

Both the building and the red dress are beautiful, but totally don't connect with each other in this pic. The basics are there but the result is disappointing.

I'm only able to appreciate it for the fact that it captures a moment in time, a moment we all know too well right now - the stillness and silence off a once busy street. Other than that, the cover offers nothing much else.

I wondered why it looks so much like a Glenda Bailey commissioned subscriber cover until I saw Miguel's name. The same guy who is responsible for making JLo tiptoe on overhead power lines and other corny setups over the years? Or am I thinking of Mariano Vivanco?

lololol JLo swinging around on power lines was Mr Vivanco’s work. Equally as corny !

I'm only able to appreciate it for the fact that it captures a moment in time, a moment we all know too well right now - the stillness and silence off a once busy street.

Based on the title of the main edit, and the setting, that seems to be the theme!

Vogue España August 2020

Tiempo de Silencio

Photographer: Miguel Reveriego
Stylist: Juan Cebrian
Hair & Makeup: Manu Fernandez
Cast: Miriam Sánchez

Vogue España Digital Edition

Vogue España August 2020

A Su Manera

Photographer: Nico Bustos
Stylist: Alba Melendo
Hair: Yoann Fernandez
Makeup: William Bartel
Cast: Irene Guarenas, Assa Baradji, Oudey Egone, Mameanta, Elisa K, Lise A, Tahiana G; Simon Muchardt, Teo Jason Comon, Luca Heintz, Bartolome Chapel, Raoul Uzan, ZacharieVillot, Maxime Frenel, Leelou Vignoble, Madeleine Bax Charlotte, Ellinor A, Joséphine G, Typhaine C, Louise Gallan, Andrea Chapuis, Turner Barbur, Ferdinand Wachsberger, Thomas Hilaire, Solal Zaoui, Albert Carvalho, Paul Pasquier, Jullien Masselo, Ismael Savane, Adrien, Jacques, Philippine, Kennah Lau, OlaRudnicka, Malika Louback, Yumi Lambert, Eléonore

Vogue España August 2020

Ayer Como Hoy (Kors designer profile)

Photographer: Josep More
Stylist: Marta Bajo
Hair & Makeup: Manuela Pane
Cast: Paula Anguera

Vogue España August 2020

Pura Julia

Photographer: Pebe Lopez
Stylist: Marta Bajo
Hair & Makeup: Jonathan Sanchez
Cast: Julia De Castro

Vogue España August 2020

Vogue Estilo: Por Petición Popular

Photographer: Gorka Postigo
Stylist: Vito Castelo
Hair & Makeup: Fer Martinez
Cast: Marta Aguilar, Fernando Lindez

Vogue España August 2020

Vogue Belleza: Saludo Del Sol

Photographer: Ezra Patchett
Stylist: Vito Castelo
Hair: Laurent Philippon
Makeup: Karim Rahman
Cast: Hana Jirickova

Not a standard cover, but I like the glamour and the regality of the image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greg1979
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->