Vogue Hommes F/W 2021.22 by Glen Luchford & Mikael Jansson

The garçons portrayed in Vogue Hommes just don't make sense with the femmes presented in Vogue Paris...it would be a weird pairing of the man-eating 80's vixen and the kept twink who...plays rope while the maid fixes him lunch? Always absurd. I don't like taking what I see on a magazine literally, as a non-fashion person would, but this vision of men really doesn't speak to me. On the "bright" side neither this magazine nor VP (as an entity with a distinct identity) will exist anymore, so goodbye to discrepancies!

The Roversi ed is almost self-parody, I know men aren't as believable as silent film ingenue fairies but killer mimes are not a compelling subject! I feel he tried to go for Serge Lutens and failed tragically.

If I get past the fact that it doesn't really belong in the pages of a fashion magazine...Luchford's ed is the best photography wise, it has some really inmersive shots, even though in real life I find skateboard dilettantes as try-hard as posers come.

He scored more Vogue Hommes and L'Uomo covers than legendary male models! But the guy is cute. His arms and butt are the stars of this cover :P

Good riddance.

The lack of diversity across the board (contributors and models alike) is shocking. Not that it needs to be a Benneton ad, but it's a bit jarring to see a very one note cast. Even the fact that all the models look like young guys...show us some MEN.

The garçons portrayed in Vogue Hommes just don't make sense with the femmes presented in Vogue Paris...it would be a weird pairing of the man-eating 80's vixen and the kept twink who...plays rope while the maid fixes him lunch? Always absurd. I don't like taking what I see on a magazine literally, as a non-fashion person would, but this vision of men really doesn't speak to me. On the "bright" side neither this magazine nor VP (as an entity with a distinct identity) will exist anymore, so goodbye to discrepancies!

The Roversi ed is almost self-parody, I know men aren't as believable as silent film ingenue fairies but killer mimes are not a compelling subject! I feel he tried to go for Serge Lutens and failed tragically.

If I get past the fact that it doesn't really belong in the pages of a fashion magazine...Luchford's ed is the best photography wise, it has some really inmersive shots, even though in real life I find skateboard dilettantes as try-hard as posers come.

Absolutely brilliant analysis, you used the perfect words and arguments hehe :flower:

Passable issue, considering the bottom-most-bottom-of-the-barrel era we’re in— like all American rags nowadays that don’t even resemble the slightest of fashion. Just pure shallow, hollow virtue-signalling.

There’s feature story of some of the most influential talents… and well well well, surprise surprise— LVMH bought a slot for that Kim Jones person to be shoehorned in there LOOL He’s the only one that sticks out like a stinky, rotten decaying thumb of all the people featured. Sheesh, LVMH seems really invested in him: He must have some deep dirty secret on Bernard. It’s the only reason for his ascension in the industry.

The only memorable thing about it were the nude photos, they were good.

Glen Luchford is such an established photographer but why did he only get to shoot a basic Vogue Hommes cover like this I don’t get it
Unfortunately he ain't getting that Gucci budget to work with :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->