Vogue India October 2007 ( Premier Issue ) by Patrick Demarchelier

It's really exciting for me to have an Indian version of Vogue. I got my hands on the first edition of Indian Vogue the very next day of its launch.

And no need to say that it has got some really nice editorials esp. those featuring Gemma's and Sasha's.

While Sasha's editorial uses a nice co-ordination of pieces designed by Indian designers with those designed by their western counterparts, Gemma's editiorial shows creation of western designers using sets of bollywood movies as a backdrop. so overall both presented a nice blend of East and West.

but I agree the cover is pathetic. Could have been much better than what it has been.

They shouldn't have Gemma on the cover (no disrespect to Gemma, I love her!) They should have someone the readers can identify with like Padma Lakshmi, Ujwala Raut or even Aishwarya Rai.

The people in India are going to love this.

All this fake bake suits very much the wealthy women in India, I must admit. When I went to Delhi, India, all I saw where these wealthy plastic looking women who would probably go crazy for this...

I'm really liking Sasha and Gemma's editorials. ^_^ Can't wait to see the rest.

Hopefully, I can find this in Hong Kong...

Thanks a lot for posting the scans from the issue. I rather prefer the "back-cover" looks more natural/warmer and suitable. However the beauty editorial with the Indian model is the best editorial (what's the model's name?). Gemma's and Sasha's editorial although beautiful, are pretty similar and tend to look boring in comparison. However can't wait for the November issue!

I want to subscribe to Vogue India! I live in the US though. I agree that Gemma does not belong on the cover and it would be nice to see some Indian talent.

I agree that Gemma does not belong on the cover and it would be nice to see some Indian talent.

May be it's their idea of showing west meeting east, but doesn't look nice.

It will be really nice and interesting to see how Indian talent keep the spirit of Vogue alive. We do have some real talented people out there. Can't wait to see the next edition.

There so many Indian Vodianovas out there but all these 'beauties' you see like the bollywood stars are called 'beautiful'. In the village parts of India, there are the most exotically beautiful girls ever. I always wonder to myself why all these plastic looking faces are so big in Bollywood.....

1672650209_d6d8fd0c1b.jpg

1673504024_207cceead6.jpg

1673503818_5a0907c15c.jpg

1672649427_e375d720ee.jpg

1673503120_1fc8800a04.jpg

1672648991_e7e87c446e.jpg

1672648817_ccdbc82110.jpg

1673502626_3d23b36d2f.jpg

1672648397_1c569a281f.jpg

1673502226_6c9b11d494.jpg

(got these off a fashion blog..saved them and uploaded to my flickr - i don't recall what website..sorry!)

It is exceptionally beautiful, love the last one in the blue dress, I would love to get my hands on a copy, its a collectible!

Sasha's editorial is unbelievably beautiful.
I can't wait to see scans (if anyone has their hands on this magazine that is)

why shouldnt they have Gemma?
I mean do you think Vogue Paris should have only french models?
or US Vogue have only American?
what does it matter what their nationality is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->