Vogue Italia August 2016 : Lara Stone by Steven Klein

apple

Reaction score
Sneak Peek ⚡️⚡️Our August Cover ⚡️⚡️ Lara Stone @lara_stone by Steven Klein @stevenkleinstudio
fashion editor PATTI WILSON @pwilsonstyle
make up DIANE KENDAL @diane.kendal
hair HAIR BY SHON @shonju
Lara is wearing Philipp Plein @philipppleininternational

Usually I like her a lot. But not in this picture.

I like everything, but the face!! THAT FACE she is making is not COVER worthy, come on!

At least it seems a bit different from Klein's last works. It seems a bit like the old Steven Klein...

Well! I love Vogue Italia for its ability to be different and this cover is certainly not a letdown in that department. This is going to stand out in the stands! However, I'm with Miss Dalloway on Lara's face; it's a llittle harsh. Perhaps if she were gazing slightly sideways with a wicked grin...ahhh yes, perfection! But kudos to Klein for effort! Thumbs up!

I expected A LOT when I saw the title. A LOT I tell you. A LOT. And somehow, I'm disappointed. I love the legs. However, the top half of the photo feels odd. Not sure if they just photoshopped the indoor bench or not. Because there's no tension that's going on in the arms. It feels like she was asked to lift her arms up and pose. Or maybe the bench was just too light. IDK.

Also, the expression could have been better. I love, love, love, Lara. Been a fan of her since the begin, thus I'm sure she can give better expressions than this. This doesn't feel like a cover shot at all. It feels like an outtake or a deleted photo.

And when sports meets fashion? The tagline and the photo is seriously disconnected. I don't see how this relates to sports though. Maybe they meant strength?

Yikes. The title sounded promising, but then we get this? Everyone involved should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

Oh I was expecting so much better than this, I hope the editorial is Better

It feels like a clash, certainly not her best cover. Why o why lifting a table. :huh:

i'd really like this if it wasn't for her makeup .... and the fact that the masthead covers the photo so awkwardly. anyway i was so excited when i clicked and this is underwhelming but im looking forward to the editorial

It feels like a clash, certainly not her best cover. Why o why lifting a table. :huh:

Because it's "sport meets fashion", like doh. :rolleyes:

JK, I don't know what that ugly table has to do with either sport or fashion. :lol:

I like the warrior woman concept, even the styling but what the hell is this cover? Lifting a bench? The makeup paired with the expression is the worst imo.
All that said, I kinda like it... it has some pull on me.

The sports concept also interests me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate how she's not in the middle of the cover. OCD alert!
& no Steven, that's not what happens when sport meets fashion. Grabbing a bench??

Last edited by a moderator:
It's like everyone tries too hard to live up to Miesel and they always fail.

I was just expecting it to be not terrible when I opened the thread, yiiiiikes. This is just too much.

It's like a Wonder Woman tribute.
Strange not in a good way.

Ok, it's not her best, i was expecting more.. but i'm so excited to see Lara back on their cover. Yes for Klein, if it was still all Meisel well no Lara. Meisel has done some amazing to really bad issues so i don' t care the different photographers. I'm waiting for a better view of the cover.

When I read Lara Stone I was exciting, but the results is a little eh. I think everything works but her face. Maybe another shade of lip stick and visible eyebrows might have worked!

Also, I think Naomi Campbell has a cover as well (because she shot something sports related with Carylne back in May in Fenty x Puma). and I doubt Naomi would just do a editorial and not get the cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->