W August 2009 : Lara Stone by Steven Klein

Guinevere's poses are magnificent in her editorial. But the overall look doesn't appeal to me.
Thanks for scanning Faith!

Faith thanks for scanning...it would be nice to see Raquel's ed as well....:D

Hmm..where to start from..Lara is so cute on the cover, I was worried about the speculated bondage theme, so this was extra pleasant suprise. We have seen sexy Lara so many times, that it`s only fair she gets to do other kinda stuff, which she`s so capable to.

In the other hand, Raquel does nothing to me. I´ve tried and tried to understand her appeal but no is no. Technically she works fine, but I don`t want to use word technical to describe a model. And that`s the prob.

My unfortunately undeveloped artistic eye loved Gunevere`s ed, not because of the model but angles and colours. Actually interesting ed.

Guinevere's ed is just too fantastic. I'm so glad to see and have it in HQ.
Thanks, Faith.

Sorrenti's ed is THE BEST ed so far of F/W, one of the best of this year, makes waiting for this issue impossible :lol:

W August 2009
Inez & Vinoodh
wmagazine.com

this is great, but again that means that september issue will be adorned by a hideous celebrity. too bad that W is putting so horrible enphasis on celebrities.

wow! Sorrenti's ed with Guinevere van Seenus is outstanding! I haven't seen something like this for a long time... it's mystical and dark. done with so much feeling for beauty and artistic expression. it's a hit!

this is great, but again that means that september issue will be adorned by a hideous celebrity. too bad that W is putting so horrible enphasis on celebrities.

Kate Moss is already confirmed for the September cover :flower:

I love Raquel's editorial. This is the highlight of the issue for me.
Thanks mikel!

Guinevere van Seenus ed is beautiful! I used to vacation there when I was younger, Cumberland Island is gorgeous.

Kate Moss is already confirmed for the September cover :flower:
Yes! I mean yes! that's a happy news 4 me. thanks to share it with me.
i'm gonna wait that issue as a boy a toy train for christmas, kate's W are collectible jewels.

Guinevere's ed reminds me of her work with Sorrenti in F/W 07 Self Service. Love it.

This is the best W I've read in quite some time now. ALL the eds are gorgeous! I can't wait for September. :heart:

I still wonder about people who only buy magazines based on who's on the cover. That doesn't make any sense to me. If a model is on the cover then suddenly the magazine is much better than ever despite the same editors, writers, stylists...etc?
Agreed , I find it extremely strange that a model on the cover immediately makes it a better issue , or something more exciting :blink: So what if a model is on the cover? I mean I know its a big deal but does that really make a magazine soo much better :unsure:

Has anyone in England got a copy of this yet? Everytime I go to look for it they still have the Bruce Willis cover.

^No, I haven't seen this issue yet. I'm expecting to see the August issues of US magazines to be in store next week :flower:

W usually comes out over here a week after it does in the US, so any day now. I personally can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YourGalSylvia
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->