Vogue Italia August 2019 : Stephanie Seymour & Claudia Schiffer by Collier Schorr

Was excited to see she got a Vogue cover, out of all the Supers she really is used the least. And while i think she works for this concept, this is not a cover worthy shot!

It's crazy how VI has lost it's luster, it started under Franca's last few years though, now it's just totally, consistently awful!

So is that cursive thing the recurring font? Terrible.

I told you. The problem is not with the art director, its with Farnetti himself.

He’s just in the same wavelength as Vogue UA’s editor, both used a camera on their cover. How creative

« In the Seventies, sex and power entered fashion photography through the lens of Helmut Newton. With our August Issue we pay homage to the photography master with a story of women empowerment, because this time behind the lens there is a woman, Collier Schorr, a pioneer of the use of fashion photography to subvert gender and identity conventions. »

:lol::lol::lol:
I can’t with this 2018/2019 logic.
So nudity and sexuality are only valid when it’s done by a woman...I guess it doesn’t matter that they are following a man’s aesthetic, that she is wearing clothes (at least shoes and belt) designed by a man, in a house created by a man...
I also have to highlight that the editor of the publication is a man and the owner of the group is a man.

They should have put her in one of MGC’s lazy feminist designs for Dior to make it full circle.

The fact that people have to justify in a extended paragraph why they put a woman half naked in the cover is annoying.

The real justification is that Stephanie Seymour can only do sexy/Half naked shoots. That’s basically everything she has done in the last decade.
She has an amazing body tho. I hope she is wearing Alaia in this.

And that cover is bad anyway.

Ha I misread 'In her Seventies' and immediately scrolled up like whoa.

Had enough elements to be stronger but, Collier. And Vogue too, Vogue in all of its 500 editions is.. there with plastic pollution.

I do think the general quality of VI has declined undeniably, but they've always had hit and miss cover shots even back in the 'heyday'. So maybe there's some redeeming shots in the accompanying spread?

I like this! Way better than the last month’s offering from VI. I love the colors and I think this is very suitable for August and a breath of fresh air considering last few months’ dull covers.
On the other hand, the text/font is too hard to read on the first cover. Took me a while to understand what it says.

ouch... the second cover is so bad... the first should be okay but I don't like it. It is too obvious...

They got the new art-director, but these idiotic concepts are not ditched... So sad.

Cover #3 with Claudia Schiffer photographed by Collier Schorr:

I sometimes forget this magazine still exists and these covers are exactly the reason why. Bad.

Cover #4 with Claudia Schiffer by Collier Schorr:

Oh my god look at how BADLY they edited Claudia’s hair. PATHETIC.

The first cover LOOKED SUPERIOR in comparison to the latter 3. And that already say a lot.

And for the life of me, WTF is up with that COLLAGE-like text? I mean???

I cannot believe that VOGUE ITALIA shared the same concept with Vogue Ukraine, which happens to be copying the former.

What really surprises me is how a (maybe former) great fashion magazine managed to produce not only one but 3 horrible covers.

« In the Seventies, sex and power entered fashion photography through the lens of Helmut Newton. With our August Issue we pay homage to the photography master with a story of women empowerment, because this time behind the lens there is a woman...

Are Vogue Italia aware that Helmut Newton's wife is a successful photographer in her own right, who sometimes posed in front of his camera, while creating a body of work behind her own camera? She edited his work, she probably inspired a lot of it, sometimes she even stepped in for Newton on shoots he was hired for.

Why not celebrate something like that, instead of twisting yourself into a pretzel coming up with reasons why Stephanie Seymour and Claudia Schiffer are stripping off for the front of your magazine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loquillinben
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->