Vogue Italia August 2019 : Stephanie Seymour & Claudia Schiffer by Collier Schorr

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by MDNA, Aug 1, 2019.

1. jjjmmm

jjjmmm Member

Collier Shorr is the most annoying photographer working right now.
    When the whole Testino/Weber thing was happening she was commenting on every Instagram post to drag them through the mud, relishing on the possibility of occupying their spots. It's a sad time in snowflake-fashion when a naked photo of a supermodel has to be explained and justified with a pretentious text from a talentless photographer.

2. jjjmmm

jjjmmm Member

And Farneti has absolutely no clue of what fashion means.
    He is like a Wall Street guy pretending to be edgy.
    Franca understood the zeitgeist and had taste,
    Farneti is so lame and backwards, it hurts.

3. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Horrible covers and concepts which is odd considering these two are among the most photogenic women in the world! A selfie would have been a great cover.

ivano, aracic and Srdjan like this.
  4. Ed..

Ed.. cape cod kwassa kwassa!

There's something obnoxious about VI under Farneti, from the photography, layout, creative direction, the choice of photographers, the accompanying texts... and I don't know what is gonna make me like VI again.

Perickles, Srdjan and GivenchyAddict like this.
  5. MON

MON Well-Known Member

A new editor in chief

6. HeatherAnne

HeatherAnne Well-Known Member

To call this a Helmut Newton tribute is blasphemy. These look like an issue of Liu. Not classy sexuality, mysterious, and the femme fatale type of photography Newton is iconic for.

jjjmmm, lelaid, Magic Spells and 3 others like this.
  7. FashionMuseDior

FashionMuseDior Active Member

It looks like a tacky cover-try photoshoot from those next top model shows. They made claudia look like a sticker glued onto the cover.

Perickles likes this.
  8. KateTheGreatest

KateTheGreatest Well-Known Member

I've seen worse covers, I've seen better covers.
    I am more surprised that Collier Schorr gets all this work because her photography is the most boring ever. I am sure there are thousands and thousands of better photographers who should be given a chance instead of her.

mikel likes this.
  9. aracic

aracic Well-Known Member

''She [Collier] is first and foremost an artist, and her angle is very interesting'' I laughed a lot. I don't see the purpose of that mirror? Why is it there? Ruined the entire photo which wasn't even that good to begin with.

10. MagFan

MagFan Well-Known Member

cover story Claudia Schiffer & Stephanie Seymour

vogue.it

11. biagiolr

biagiolr Member

Collier is in almost all pictures of this editorial, she wears styled looks, like she's modeling. It looks so forced.

12. jorgepalomo

jorgepalomo Well-Known Member

I like the main editorial is a thousand times better than the cover. And nothing has to do with a Helmut Newton tribute... I didn’t see Helmut’s work ressemblence in Collier pictures.

Being said, the only Helmut Newton tribute that matters is what Vogue Spain did this month with Adriana and Irina. That’s all.

aracic likes this.
  13. MON

MON Well-Known Member

The fact that they decided to run that DIRECTIONLESS editorial is very telling of the current taste of this magazine

aracic likes this.
  14. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

She couldn't be more annoying and then she decided to be a model also.

15. grimm

grimm Member

Once upon a time this magazine was the shining light in fashion. Something EVERYONE looked towards for inspiration and adoration. Now it's the laughing stock and each month that goes by I'm astounded by how low the content gets. Everytime I think "can it get any worse", it manages to exceed my now very low expectations.
    I know it will never be the torch it once was but the powers at be at Conde Nast must surely be aware that this simply doesn't work. What must Farneti do to be relieved of his role???

16. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Collier injecting herself in the cover shoot leave such a bitter aftertaste. I can't believe I never picked up on her ego because now that I think of it, Krow Kian was also styled after her, and shot by her, for L'uomo a few months ago. How could Vanessa have agreed to this? Of course Farneti would because the guy is clueless!

Enough has been rightly said about the sad state of affairs with these covers, but I must say all Stephanie's shots leave me cold. Some of Claudia's only work because of her beauty, but her poses too are so underwhelming.

@grimm For CN and Farneti it's actually working. He's not going anywhere, sadly. As long as he's got a trending cover every now and then with a 80s/90s model or a Jenner/Hadid, he's safe. He's also been rebranding Milan FNO, there'll likely be another 'Make Italy Great Again' cover next month, and he's still pushing for more frequency of L'uomo. Plus he's running a few art/design/retail initiatives for the magazine.That's sadly what makes a great editor for CN in 2019. Not how the actual magazine looks, but how much the EIC can expand the Vogue brand beyond the magazine.
    It's not that he's an awful editor, it's that just not a right fit for this specific magazine. If he's got a vision, I simply can't see it AT ALL.

Perickles and GivenchyAddict like this.
  17. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Basically the opposite of why his covers are SAFE. He’s avoiding a scandal/negative publicity. Gone are the days where an editor can get away with an editorial with Lara Stone in (quasi) blackface, or a Gisele cover which people found to be reminiscent to a King Kong poster. The final nail in the coffin of Carine was the controversy surrounding the child editorial she made. Heck Vogue Arabia fired an editor for copying the mood for her inaugural issue, Ukraine fired the editor for plagiarizing her editors letters. The common denominator? All were publicized and went against the CN image. This is exactly why Farneti’s choices have been safe borderline boring.

Benn98, Perickles and Lola701 like this.
  18. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

So is he to blame? Or the people that basically complain about everything?

19. miyawaki

miyawaki Member

This is so sad. They don't have any idea of creativity or direction. Stephanie and Claudia are two legends and not deserves this mediocrity. Currently, the worst magazine of the big 4!

20. versustito

versustito Well-Known Member