Vogue Italia February 2009 : Pixie Geldof by Steven Meisel

Kim Kardashian or some other famous for being famous 'it girl' was busy.

Omg as I was skimming through the thread, I saw "Kim Kardashian" and thought I was going to read that she was up next or in an editorial with Pixie and my heart almost stopped.

Brb... reviving myself!

Don't like Pixie, but the cover is not bad. Meisel did a decent shot.

The shots from Jamie are quite nice. Very unexpected to see her in a Meisel ed.

Omg as I was skimming through the thread, I saw "Kim Kardashian" and thought I was going to read that she was up next or in an editorial with Pixie and my heart almost stopped.

Brb... reviving myself!

Haha aww my apologies :flower: But so far this year nothing surprises me

didnt expect this from them....
she has a strong face but.... can't get over her it girl thing.

I like it. She looks great. . But why her??? Weird choice.

When are those b*tches over at VI gonna put up the main edit :judge:
I think I'll just boycott this issue anyway.

I know I've read her name before but I have no idea who she is... All I know is that this cover doesn't look too good!

Ahhh wow. :shock: I'm thinking everyone now preferred VI's January's cover? The cover isn't horrendous or anything, but to get such a big cover because she's apparently 'so young and so cool'... how does that warrant one of the biggest fashion covers?! :huh:

When are those b*tches over at VI gonna put up the main edit :judge:
I think I'll just boycott this issue anyway.
Hahah seriously i cant belive its still not updated! :o:ninja: And yes i shall save my money this month aswell, unless it turns out there is some insane editorial inside that i cant live without. :shifty: :lol:

Lydia as well. Seems to be the issue where all of them are in that actually think they could model but happen to be rich little kids without an extraordiniary appearance. Go Meisel for supporting them. I can't wait another month because that one is going to be better. With real models.

Jamie Bochert should have gotten the cover. Is the whole editoriasl b&w?

Oh and I hope the two times Meisel shot with Eliza will end up with two shots in this editorial.

Last edited by a moderator:
But Lydia is actually a decent model IMO.......remember her VI cover in 2004 and her couture cover in 2005 :heart:. The other girls really are just spoilt-rich girls with nothing to do.

I don't mind seeing Lydia in a Meisel ed. Here past work with Meisel was very good. I think she is a good model.

It's sad that VI is picking up on the whole socialites as models trend. Mainly because it is old, old news...

Isn't Lydia too old... to be so young so cool :unsure:

:lol:

That's why Pixie got the cover. Meisel saw this font in a commercial for the new Polly Pocket house. He was impressed by the glitter.

So with that font and a slogan he searched for the some models and Pixie was calling him to be on the cover for years. Jamie who was far more interesting was simply too old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->