Vogue Italia February 2009 : Pixie Geldof by Steven Meisel

Those pictures of Jamie Bochert more than make up for the bad cover. Jamie just cannot take a bad picture; her face is so utterly dynamic. There's such a tangible energy that comes from her images that I find enrapturing. :flower:

what is the fascination with the annoying group of quasi hipsters? I'm so sick of them. That 'fad' with them being seen everywhere in their contrived vintage ensembles is tired, I would have thought the fashion world at least would realise this as they'e so obsessed with trends. She's like the antithesis of 'cool' imo. I'm so confused as to why she got the cover, and what kind of demographic are they hoping to appeal to? Most people here seem disappointed, and I can't think of anyone except a few Pixie fans who would like this. She's more Nylon, not Vogue Italia

Last edited by a moderator:
Those pics of Michael and Jamie look fantastic.
I'm starting to have faith in this issue again!

Why does everything about VI take so long, style.it still isn't updated. (although, can't say I blame them for not wanting to replace January's cover with this...)

aren't the pictures of jamie and michael part of the Pixie editorial ?
anyway ... it looks early 1990s ....
why not .... though sincerely last year "new factory" of mormons farmers look fresher than this revamp of 90s-grungy-rock thing ... it's nice ... but nothing fresh under the sun ...

I don't think anyone's been that unpleasant about her - it's more a general sense of incomprehension that she's suddenly turned up on the cover of Vogue Italia.

My abiding memory of her is the sycophantic article that UK Vogue ran about her - stating she had a noli me tangere stare - so it's evident that she's well-regarded by some magazines.

And I hesitate to criticise her that much, because I do believe there's a place for all sorts of body shapes in fashion. And I don't really expect her to have achieved that much at the age of 18. Plus, smoking and drinking is typical behaviour for teens, whether your father is famous or not.

But similarly, I don't find anything that special about her, she's a bit blank to me. Her sister might drive people insane, but she's got something that makes people interested in her. That cover shot isn't bad, but it doesn't make me want to know Pixie better.

Never heard of her and I don't really wanna, this cover is bad because her arms and shoulders look manish.

I have to say, while she isn't my ideal choice for any Vogue cover, it beats Michelle Obama's US Vogue cover by a milestone. I'm thinking Pixie would've been cooler for Nylon... but this'll do! I think I'll enjoy the eds more. Michael Pitt! Love him.

There are so many things wrong with this cover choice, shot and Pixie herself that.....I won't even bother.... :unsure:

the cover star of the March issue of the prestigious fashion glossy Italian Vogue

Please don't make me laugh,apparently Hilary Alexander is in her secondchildhood

thumbs down:sick::yuk:
though this pic is better than her previous ones

just saw the issue its amazing ,one of the best this year,so many models
in that ed , just fun and beautiful . the cover is also beautiful , the picture is
much darker and the colors dont look like the scan at all.

why did they shoot her for vogue?

Kim Kardashian or some other famous for being famous 'it girl' was busy :innocent:

Pixie actually looks dead on the cover,literally lifeless. I half expected Daisy/Portia someone to be with her,these girls can't seem to do anything alone,they come as smome sort of weird package.

just saw the issue its amazing ,one of the best this year,so many models
in that ed , just fun and beautiful . the cover is also beautiful , the picture is
much darker and the colors dont look like the scan at all.

i don't really like the cover but your post makes me want to see the editorial!

I was so excited when I saw the topic title. I love Pixie and I'm so happy for her that she got a VI cover. The cover is amazing :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->