Vogue Italia February 2017 : Madonna by Steven Klein

lol well when i saw the tittle i was like oh Lords WTF, but I like the cover actually. Well I always have a soft spot for Klein's works but I love the harshness on the cover.

BAD all around. This is ugly and they think they´re being super edgy lol

Is it possible this was shoot in december for l'Uomo Vogue and ended up as a Vogue cover to fill this period of transition?

:/

could it be less relevant? no one asked for this.

It's always the same tired, boring responses to anything Madonna related on this board. Always. Madonna is an icon, and a living legend. All four of these covers are deliciously fantastic, and I'm so glad they are the last under Franca Sozzani who adored Madonna. They are instantly iconic, and will sell out. Love seeing Madonna back on the cover of a major Vogue, and she didn't need a film, or album to do it.:heart:

I'm tired of Madonna by Klein or by M&M!
It's always the same tired styling, the same tired thing. She is one of the celebrities who actually embrace different things so why not try something else?

I'm very surprised that she wasn't on the cover of VI in recent times. In 2009 she shot the Vuitton campaigns by Meisel. Those campaigns were styled by MAS who was also styling a lot of covers with Meisel for VI. It would have been beautiful and glamorous.

The covers are not bad per say..

*As per tFS' Community Rules, please DO NOT quote images/videos. Thank you!

She posted this on 17th December last year, I thought it was just a campaign shoot for her skin care line.

I knew this was for Italian Vogue when she posted this back in December. Based on the fact that Arianne Phillips posted something similar on her instagram, and the tags in her post. It was so funny watching everyone here gagging about Anna Ewars, and these other models getting the last Franca cover, with no awareness that Madonna was snatching them all. Lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible this was shoot in december for l'Uomo Vogue and ended up as a Vogue cover to fill this period of transition?

:/

I'm beginning to believe this as well, especially based on what Lola just posted! This cannot be Franca's doing. You had all those great models who I'm sure did a stellar job in their edit.

I honestly love all three covers so much.

I'm beginning to believe this as well, especially based on what Lola just posted! This cannot be Franca's doing. You had all those great models who I'm sure did a stellar job in their edit.

Madonna said herself that she worked with Franca on this. Check her instagram posts.

Gosh, she looks exactly the same on every sngle cover..

Digging these covers a lot.

She’s like Jerry Hall and Amanda Lepore here… and unabashedly sl*tty, inappropriate, creepy, older-- and pissing people off with her refusal to go away. I love that Madonna. And the Warhol reference is so right for her, seeing as she’s one of Warhol’s last surviving muses. And unlike the lazy, timid Pop cover of Taylor that rips off the flat-lighting and consumer-catalogue styling of the mid-80s wholesale— including shooting Taylor to look exactly like a young Kelly Le Brock, Klein’s Warhol-tribute, hasn’t forsaken his own signature style and attitude.

It's always the same tired, boring responses to anything Madonna related on this board. Always. Madonna is an icon, and a living legend. All four of these covers are deliciously fantastic, and I'm so glad they are the last under Franca Sozzani who adored Madonna. They are instantly iconic, and will sell out. Love seeing Madonna back on the cover of a major Vogue, and she didn't need a film, or album to do it.:heart:

Blah blah blah. It's always the same retort back. No one denies she's a legend. If we sound like a broken record it's because she gives is the same crap over and over.

I love the covers!

Madonna invented Steven, they created that vamp/sl*tty/dark look since 2002 that every newbie and pop star want to recreate on every magazine.

Madonna does not need new looks, she has worked with Arianne Phillips for ages, and she’s an expertise in fashion and editorial.

So every time Madonna/Klein/Arianne/Lecompte/VisionAaron whole crew together for a fashion editorial nailed it all time. Nobody can beat them.

I love the covers!

Madonna invented Steven, they created that vamp/sl*tty/dark look since 2002 that every newbie and pop star want to recreate on every magazine.

Madonna does not need new looks, she has worked with Arianne Phillips for ages, and she’s an expertise in fashion and editorial.

So every time Madonna/Klein/Arianne/Lecompte/VisionAaron whole crew together for a fashion editorial nailed it all time. Nobody can beat them.

THIS so much!

Is this still under Franca?
I could like the first cover, if it wasn´t for her expression...

^^^ It should be.

Franca passed away in late-Dec, so this Feb issue should have been press-ready by then. Of course there could have been some minor last-min creative revisions, but overall, the main content would have been all finalized.

I love Madonna TBH so I'm not disappointed. I like her tacky haughtiness. It's trashy and fun and Madonna is fashion royalty after all. I like the Warhol reference as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->