Vogue Italia January 2018 : Fran Summers by Craig McDean

Every single time a new Vogue Italia comes out it's, "Meisel did it first", Meisel did it better", Meisel created fashion photography", Meisel is my personal Jesus"....blah bla.

Give it a rest. The Meisel era of Vogue Italia is OVER. Accept it and move on.
As great as he is, he's also produced more than his fair share of lackluster covers the last few years. Two of them in 2017. No one here will ever admit it, but the last great cover and issue of Vogue Italia was also the last one under Franca. You can thank Steven Klein and Madonna for that. Everything under this new guy has been a series of mini hits and near misses. Including this new one.

Nope, Meisel was and is The King in this particular kingdom.... Game Changer.

Agree completely with B98!

I actually quite like it... The cover looks okay, the video looks really cool, but the contents look bland.

Every single time a new Vogue Italia comes out it's, "Meisel did it first", Meisel did it better", Meisel created fashion photography", Meisel is my personal Jesus"....blah bla.

Give it a rest. The Meisel era of Vogue Italia is OVER. Accept it and move on.
As great as he is, he's also produced more than his fair share of lackluster covers the last few years. Two of them in 2017. No one here will ever admit it, but the last great cover and issue of Vogue Italia was also the last one under Franca. You can thank Steven Klein and Madonna for that. Everything under this new guy has been a series of mini hits and near misses. Including this new one.

It's only natural when you had such an imposing creative force in charge for such a long time. See Carine vs Alt, Galliano vs Raf vs the seamstress. What's more, it would appear Farneti elected to merely reference VI's greatest hits so of course his take will always be compared with the original. More than ever. If he instead focused on making his own mark none of this constant lamenting would pop up. Nobody is ignoring his faults, check any of his current ad threads. Indeed, check the threads for those dud VI covers last year and you'll still find constructive criticism.

Nope, Meisel was and is The King in this particular kingdom.... Game Changer.

Agree completely with B98!

Not for quite some time...and not ever again.

Isn't it time you all collectively get over Meisel?:D

Let's remember he wasn't producing great stuff there for a long time before departing...

Don't like this cover very much anyway...

See Carine vs Alt, Galliano vs Raf vs the seamstress.

You made my day!:lol::lol::lol:
I like Alt, so put some respect on her name please:lol::lol:
I think that Seamstress is even too good to describe the lady with the "Panda" make-up...:lol:

Good grief, what a bland and banal way to kickstart 2018. They most certainly do need to restart the issue because I'm not feeling this, whatsoever. Instead of giving us themed issues one after the other, the Italian Vogue team just need to deliver on the actual content instead. These themes just mask how naff the issues are, and I might just stop purchasing Vogue Italia on a monthly basis.

I'll get over Meisel when fashion itself gets over referencing the past in everything it puts forward.

It's not my favourite cover under the new editor but certainly not the worst, and I actually don't mind the whole restarting thing if its simply a reference to the new year. I'll wait to see the contents before I make a full opinion on it

Picture is a little uninspiring but concept is cute on video

They need to stop these "themes" where they just slap random computer graphics on perfectly fine images. They did it with the December issue. The digital idea was way more successful for the March issue because Meisel shot it.

I like some of the pictures from the video. The cover is not bad but the layout bothers me a lot.

I just hope the computer concept is used throughout the entire issue. That would be cool.

The cover is okay, but I remember in the cover challenge thread some members did a way better job on this theme, and VI better stop doing these themes, embarrassing.

Well, after reading all these comments, I decided to post some previews. It isn't a thematic issue, and it even has no connection with the Internet (this cover makes me think of a Windows wallpaper).

image.jpg

Pressreader

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excorp2004
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->